collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January 2023 Transfer Rumours, Discussions and Done Deals Thread  (Read 399604 times)

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: January 2023 Transfer Rumours, Discussions and Done Deals Thread
« Reply #180 on: November 16, 2022, 11:47:06 AM »
Luiz has also said he loves it with us and he's grown as a player and a person since moving here. He'll play, he'll stay and he'll win a trophy.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #181 on: November 16, 2022, 11:59:16 AM »
Luiz has also said he loves it with us and he's grown as a player and a person since moving here. He'll play, he'll stay and he'll win a trophy.
I'd be surprised if there isn't a release clause.  I'd also be surprised if he didn't stay until at least the end of the season.  At that point, it will depend on who comes in.  It can be difficult to turn down the likes of Barcelona if they do have a genuine interest.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #182 on: November 16, 2022, 12:08:11 PM »
It is difficult for players if more glamourous clubs bat eyelashes and offer to pay more money.  That said Barcelona is not what it used to be, a bit like Man Utd.  Luiz is starting to consistently look the part for the Villa, so would be a shame to lose him now.  If I had a gut feel, it would be that he'll stay.   

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #183 on: November 16, 2022, 12:18:33 PM »
cf. Snake, Delph.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #184 on: November 16, 2022, 12:20:24 PM »

Seemed pretty chuffed when Ings got a second on Sunday.

Offline frank black

« Reply #185 on: November 16, 2022, 12:40:48 PM »
Smoke has started with Dougy. I’m expecting his clause to be activated in January or the summer. I’m guessing here, but I have a feeling it’ll be a very reasonably priced option for a few clubs. Fair play to him for signing a deal and at least allowing us to get a fee.

I reckon it will only kick in after the end of the season

That would seem sensible and something which wouldn’t be unreasonable  as part of the deal. Allows us plenty of time to replace him. I’d be absolutely shocked and amazed if there wasn’t a sensible (for both sides) release clause negotiated.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #186 on: November 16, 2022, 01:36:50 PM »
Smoke has started with Dougy. I’m expecting his clause to be activated in January or the summer. I’m guessing here, but I have a feeling it’ll be a very reasonably priced option for a few clubs. Fair play to him for signing a deal and at least allowing us to get a fee.

I reckon it will only kick in after the end of the season

That would seem sensible and something which wouldn’t be unreasonable  as part of the deal. Allows us plenty of time to replace him. I’d be absolutely shocked and amazed if there wasn’t a sensible (for both sides) release clause negotiated.

Luiz for Kessie swap being rumored.. could be total crap. However, if it were in fact true, I would be fine with it. Kessie has twice the strength and the same calm nature on the ball. I think he would pair better with Kamara and give us a bit more steel in the midfield.

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #187 on: November 16, 2022, 02:13:27 PM »
I'd be surprised if there isn't a release clause.  I'd also be surprised if he didn't stay until at least the end of the season.  At that point, it will depend on who comes in.  It can be difficult to turn down the likes of Barcelona if they do have a genuine interest.

It's pretty easy to turn them down when they haven't got a pot to piss in, and mount smear campaigns against their own players to get them to leave without paying them the money they're entitled to.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #188 on: November 16, 2022, 03:18:47 PM »

That's cos he got his back on yer man who had pwn'd him for their goal - Gary MacAllister or whatever his name is.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 06:32:27 PM by eamonn »

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #189 on: November 16, 2022, 03:32:16 PM »

That's cos he got his back on the yer man who had pwn'd him for their goal - Gary MacAllister or whatever his name is.

I loved the winner at Old Trafford last year, you can see him in the corner with what could only be described as a 'Spartan' celebration.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #190 on: November 17, 2022, 11:21:47 AM »
Birmingham Mail headline "Cristiano Ronaldo Aston Villa prediction made after explosive Man Utd interview".  Goes on to say that he has probably played his last game at Villa Park.  Insightful stuff.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #191 on: November 17, 2022, 11:56:00 AM »
Hahaha...that is peak Mail-click. Whoever came up with that one needs a promotion and a slap.

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #192 on: November 17, 2022, 12:19:54 PM »
That whole organisation needs setting fire to.

Google Aston Villa and click on news and 7 of the 10 results on the first page are their rubbish. The same article, slightly adjusted, rotated between all their different bloody sites. Two of the other three that aren't them are Football Fancast and Caught Offside, two equally disgusting sources of crap.

Birmingham World and Newcastle World keep cropping up now too. I suspect they might be part of the group or even worse, a copy cat lot.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #193 on: November 17, 2022, 12:23:53 PM »
Compare them to the Express and Star who seem to have genuinely interesting and well written articles.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #194 on: November 17, 2022, 12:53:45 PM »
What I particularly enjoy about those Reach websites is that about 10 pop ups and videos start churning if ever you have the misfortune to click on one of the links.

Close the entire operation down and start again.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal