collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January 2023 Transfer Rumours, Discussions and Done Deals Thread  (Read 399062 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: January 2023 Transfer Rumours, Discussions and Done Deals Thread
« Reply #195 on: November 17, 2022, 02:24:51 PM »
That whole organisation needs setting fire to.

Google Aston Villa and click on news and 7 of the 10 results on the first page are their rubbish. The same article, slightly adjusted, rotated between all their different bloody sites. Two of the other three that aren't them are Football Fancast and Caught Offside, two equally disgusting sources of crap.

Birmingham World and Newcastle World keep cropping up now too. I suspect they might be part of the group or even worse, a copy cat lot.

Birmingham World is basically a listings site that regurgitates press releases. There's no original content.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #196 on: November 17, 2022, 03:42:10 PM »
Compare them to the Express and Star who seem to have genuinely interesting and well written articles.

Agreed. That is all I ever click on.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #197 on: November 17, 2022, 05:25:19 PM »
E&S has proper writers on the club like Matt Maher and don't have pop-ups an ads plastered all over their pages.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #198 on: November 17, 2022, 06:21:38 PM »

Google Aston Villa and click on news and 7 of the 10 results on the first page are their rubbish. The same article, slightly adjusted, rotated between all their different bloody sites. Two of the other three that aren't them are Football Fancast and Caught Offside, two equally disgusting sources of crap.

Birmingham World and Newcastle World keep cropping up now too. I suspect they might be part of the group or even worse, a copy cat lot.

Birmingham World is basically a listings site that regurgitates press releases. There's no original content.

There is erm… some original content. I’ve been interviewed by them and written two articles for them.

I wasn’t happy with the interview. When I do them I re-write what people say to make them sound clever. They didn’t 😡

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #199 on: November 17, 2022, 06:33:23 PM »

There is erm… some original content. I’ve been interviewed by them and written two articles for them.

I wasn’t happy with the interview. When I do them I re-write what people say to make them sound clever. They didn’t 😡

My apologies. Every time I've looked at it they've just featured a load of syndicated stuff and PRs.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #200 on: November 17, 2022, 08:05:48 PM »

My apologies. Every time I've looked at it they've just featured a load of syndicated stuff and PRs.

No worries mate, you’re mostly right and it is a lot of that, as well as lots of Birmingham crime stuff similar to the Birmz is Grime blog. Four staff including the editor who used to work at the Birmingham Post.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #201 on: November 19, 2022, 07:23:40 PM »
I keep seeing Zaha being a target for us in January. That would be fantastic, he’s a pain in the arse player to play against, also he’s bloody excellent. That would be great first signing for Emery.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #202 on: November 19, 2022, 07:28:58 PM »
He’s very good but he’s 30, likely on very decent money and Mings hates him.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #203 on: November 19, 2022, 07:33:02 PM »
Zaha is a moaning prick - his end product has improved though. He'd want billy big bollock wages though. Nah.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #204 on: November 19, 2022, 07:41:02 PM »
He's a fantastic player, and I enjoyed him conducting the crowd at VP when he was getting stick from all 40k.

Offline Aldridge Villa

« Reply #205 on: November 19, 2022, 07:49:36 PM »
Zaha no thanks. Unsavoury character, not suited to the traditions of AVFC.

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #206 on: November 19, 2022, 08:06:23 PM »
I keep seeing Zaha being a target for us in January. That would be fantastic, he’s a pain in the arse player to play against, also he’s bloody excellent. That would be great first signing for Emery.

lazy journalism. emery wanted to sign zaha when he was at arsenal, but the club opted to buy nicolas pepe instead.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #207 on: November 19, 2022, 08:11:53 PM »
Zaha no thanks. Unsavoury character, not suited to the traditions of AVFC.
What tradition are you referring to to? Hopefully not the tradition  since 1996 of not winning any trophies! But I do think he's a bit of a twat and a little too old for us now.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #208 on: November 19, 2022, 09:04:14 PM »
Zaha, half the Villarreal squad, Douglas Luiz ‘still’ being stolen by Liverpool, Arsenal & Newcastle & now apparently Chelsea want Bailey. Links to the whole Rangers squad, their reserves, half their youth team & several Rangers players WAGS have now stopped though. “Journalism” not even fit for toilet paper. It will all get worse while the World Cup is on.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #209 on: November 20, 2022, 03:06:50 AM »
Zaha would be brilliant. Him and Martinez together and we would be World Shithousing Champions.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 03:09:46 AM by cdbearsfan »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal