collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 07:56:49 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Smithy
[Today at 07:52:18 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Nev
[Today at 07:47:44 AM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Holte L2
[Today at 07:43:56 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Axl Rose
[Today at 07:42:16 AM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 07:36:37 AM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 07:22:22 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 07:21:02 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Unai Emery - our manager  (Read 711774 times)

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
Re: Unai Emery - our manager
« Reply #8535 on: April 15, 2024, 04:45:07 PM »
The arrogance of some manure fans. They really do think if ratcliffe came in for him emery will be gone. Somw of my manure mates even think im being naive for thinking he would reject them.

Why the hell would he potentially leave CL football for conference ? Are these people stupid?

Brummie Reds are wankers. The day we lost at home to them, I had one of them telling me how not only would they finish above us but that Newcastle would as well. I hate the fuckers. I've known one or two others too who will happily talk about United but as soon as you bring up Villa, you've lost them. Doesn't matter how long you've talked to them about their shitty club. I know one decent Man Utd fan and he's actually from Manchester. It's the glory hunters that are wankers.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #8536 on: April 15, 2024, 04:46:06 PM »
Listening to Arteta after the game I was struck by how normal it is for managers to be graceless, moochy fucks after a defeat, and how quickly I've got used to the idea that our manager will be equitable, fair, objective, informative, and admitting of no excuses. Arteta was so grudging, couldn't offer even one word of praise for the worthy foe. Unai never pulls that shit.

You know, even Klopp and Guardiola can be accepting of a good performance against them; Arteta however, is just a moody fucker.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #8537 on: April 15, 2024, 04:46:16 PM »
Listening to Arteta after the game I was struck by how normal it is for managers to be graceless, moochy fucks after a defeat, and how quickly I've got used to the idea that our manager will be equitable, fair, objective, informative, and admitting of no excuses. Arteta was so grudging, couldn't offer even one word of praise for the worthy foe. Unai never pulls that shit.

And that is one of the key reasons they will choke, always excuses. Wenger was the same for years after his scouting advantage had gone.

Pair of graceless pricks.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #8538 on: April 15, 2024, 04:47:29 PM »
Actually Guardiola's not bad in extending the hand. After we beat them he brought up how good we were basically every press conference.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #8539 on: April 15, 2024, 04:49:56 PM »
Guardiola corrected a media member on leaving us out of the title conversation and only mentioning Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal. Of course the media member ended up being right but that’s besides the point.

Online LeeB

« Reply #8540 on: April 15, 2024, 04:50:32 PM »
Actually Guardiola's not bad in extending the hand. After we beat them he brought up how good we were basically every press conference.

For all his bellendary, he's been more or less a cheerleader for us since that game.
Some hack the other week was chomping on about Foden being a shoe in for POTY and Guardiola basically shut him down and said "Watkins", which would slightly worry me if they didn't have the cyborg.

Offline Monty

« Reply #8541 on: April 15, 2024, 04:52:17 PM »
Yeah he likes us doesn't he? Maybe he's just a huge fan of Emery, a fellow regional. Who knows.

Online LeeB

« Reply #8542 on: April 15, 2024, 04:54:30 PM »
Yeah he likes us doesn't he? Maybe he's just a huge fan of Emery, a fellow regional. Who knows.

I think there is certainly a deep respect for Emery.

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #8543 on: April 15, 2024, 05:04:42 PM »
Lucky enough to stand on the Holte in the Saunders era. He was a god. Unai is the first manager since who has lifted this club to its rightful place.

I’m in awe of the man. Lose or win, I trust him to take this club all the way.

We are so very privileged to have him.

Me too. The years under Sir Ron were unbelievable and now under Emery feels similar.
We have to keep him here, he’s a world class
coach. Somehow we got him to come from under the noses of clubs that turned their noses up at him. If we keep him here this will be one hell of a ride.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #8544 on: April 15, 2024, 05:13:57 PM »
The arrogance of some manure fans. They really do think if ratcliffe came in for him emery will be gone. Somw of my manure mates even think im being naive for thinking he would reject them.

Why the hell would he potentially leave CL football for conference ? Are these people stupid?
In fairness didn't he do exactly that to join us?

(I don't think he'd go to Man U btw, jut pointing something out)

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #8545 on: April 15, 2024, 05:59:22 PM »
One of the things that hit me yesterday was just how lucky we are to have him. Obviously I knew that on some level, but it really hit me yesterday.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #8546 on: April 15, 2024, 06:11:52 PM »

Brummie Reds are wankers. The day we lost at home to them, I had one of them telling me how not only would they finish above us but that Newcastle would as well. I hate the fuckers. I've known one or two others too who will happily talk about United but as soon as you bring up Villa, you've lost them. Doesn't matter how long you've talked to them about their shitty club. I know one decent Man Utd fan and he's actually from Manchester. It's the glory hunters that are wankers.

Brummie Reds are all Bluenoses in disguise and there’s an instant litmus test to confirm it. Just mention Villa and watch their faces contort with hatred and jealously. Then you know.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #8547 on: April 15, 2024, 06:34:47 PM »
Listening to TalkSport, and Andy and Danny are sure he would bolt in the summer if offered the yanited job. I would be crushed, but I don't see it. I cannot imagine anyone in the top 4 would be willing to give him the control and tools he has here, without limitation(s).

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #8548 on: April 15, 2024, 06:37:20 PM »
That bunch of knobs are just airwave clickbait.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #8549 on: April 15, 2024, 06:51:14 PM »
That bunch of knobs are just airwave clickbait.

Why would he go there? He's well on track with his project at Villa, and has achieved everything and more on the schedule I'm sure he has for himself. We've got better players, and all going well should be in the Champions League. We've got Martinez, they've got Onana. They've got Hojlund and Rashford, Emery's got Watkins. They've got Antony, we've got Bailey, Maguire versus Torres and so on. The only players who'd stand a chance of getting in our squad would be Mainoo, Fernandes and Garnacho. Their ownership model is a right bugger's muddle, we've got a team all fully singing from the same hymn sheet. Their new part owner is already begging for public cash to replace their crumbling, leaky stadium, we've partnered with one of the world's biggest companies we assume to just get on with it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal