collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by Nev
[Today at 07:47:44 AM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Holte L2
[Today at 07:43:56 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Axl Rose
[Today at 07:42:16 AM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 07:36:37 AM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 07:22:22 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 07:21:02 AM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 07:14:13 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by SamTheMouse
[Today at 06:58:34 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Unai Emery - our manager  (Read 711763 times)

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
Re: Unai Emery - our manager
« Reply #7290 on: December 08, 2023, 03:01:12 PM »
Is it voted on? In which case the BeijingRed4Life types might have swelled the numbers.

Remember that account 😂😂😂

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #7291 on: December 08, 2023, 04:29:54 PM »
For all the stuff about them supposedly being in some sort of meltdown, Newton Heath aren't ticking along all that badly.

I actually think Ten Hag will sort things out eventually and they'll be good again. Unfortunately.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #7292 on: December 08, 2023, 04:56:31 PM »
Either United were very good the other night, Chelsea were really poor or a combination.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #7293 on: December 08, 2023, 05:02:54 PM »
For all the stuff about them supposedly being in some sort of meltdown, Newton Heath aren't ticking along all that badly.

I actually think Ten Hag will sort things out eventually and they'll be good again. Unfortunately.
So do I.  I thought he was a good appointment for them and as much as they seem to be trying to fck it up for him I think he and they will come good.  For a club in crisis they win quite a lot of games.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #7294 on: December 08, 2023, 05:48:40 PM »
Taken early on. And it might have been after Stevenage or around that time. A tough night and one where he said he learned a lot about himself and us. And the job at hand.

Fuck me what a job he’s done turning Villa Park into a place we can all believe in again. Thank you Unai.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7295 on: December 08, 2023, 06:05:21 PM »
I’m waiting for the press to start trying to unsettle us with rumours of ‘bigger clubs’ poaching Unai.  Only a matter of time I suspect

Why would the press want to unsettle us?

Edit: people wrongly talk about Liverpool having a victim mentality. What the fuck is this, if not that?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 06:07:32 PM by Sexual Ealing »

Offline Tokyo Sexwhale

« Reply #7296 on: December 08, 2023, 06:09:34 PM »

They've had a cushy run of fixtures in the PL and they've had the rub of the green in a lot of matches against the smaller opponents.

Luckily, Ten Haag is doing just enough to keep his job, without looking threatening.

On current form, I'm not sure I'd take any of their players to replace any of ours.   Maybe Luke Shaw for Digne or Moreno; but even that would be a difficult one.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #7297 on: December 08, 2023, 06:11:39 PM »
I’m waiting for the press to start trying to unsettle us with rumours of ‘bigger clubs’ poaching Unai.  Only a matter of time I suspect

Edit: people wrongly talk about Liverpool having a victim mentality. What the fuck is this, if not that?

Any player or manager who does well outside the Sky 6, gets linked to the Sky 6 if they carry on doing well.

Its not a conspiracy.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #7298 on: December 08, 2023, 06:14:05 PM »

Any player or manager who does well outside the Sky 6, gets linked to the Sky 6 if they carry on doing well.

Its not a conspiracy.

Well, yes, that’s how hierarchy works. It’s the idea that there’s a specific agenda against us, a club that nobody cares about, good or bad, that irks me.

Offline Meanwood Villa

« Reply #7299 on: December 08, 2023, 06:52:59 PM »

Its not a conspiracy.

Well, yes, that’s how hierarchy works. It’s the idea that there’s a specific agenda against us, a club that nobody cares about, good or bad, that irks me.

The Blues care about us deeply

Offline Mellin

« Reply #7300 on: December 08, 2023, 07:30:15 PM »
You see it on every football forum. Referee X hates us, journalist/media outlet Y hates us. They might do, but they rate their professionalism and career higher than any lingering dislike of Villa, or anyone else for that matter, so will try to stay impartial. It's human error, maybe occasionally influenced by subconscious bias, dependent on the individual.

Football is tribal and this is symptom of that. If I see a man with a Villa hat on, he is part of my clan. If I see a man try to set fire to that hat, he is my enemy.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #7301 on: December 08, 2023, 07:38:29 PM »
If our progress continues at the current rate, he will almost certainly be approached by one of the champions league regulars in one of the other top leagues (and maybe here) at some point.  There is no way it doesn't happen.  It's not a conspiracy, just a fact that top managers find themselves in demand. And he is, without doubt, a top manager.  The challenge for Wes and Nassef is to show that he can't get better support, or better resources anywhere else. He can achieve everything he wants here.  In a couple of years we could be Champions League regulars, and in a 50k stadium that's sold out every week.  If that happens, then that leaves - realistically - only Madrid or Barcelona, or the Spain job, as the only jobs that could potentially tempt him.  And I don't see any of them being available imminently.

He could build a literal dynasty here, and I hope we get at least a decade out of him, which would see him well into his sixties.

Offline Mellin

« Reply #7302 on: December 08, 2023, 07:43:23 PM »
Bollocks to his sixties. I want us wheeling him out for pressers when he's bedbound and moving toward the light.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #7303 on: December 08, 2023, 07:44:28 PM »
Agreed on him being in demand, and when that happens, the media will report it. They won’t be doing so to unsettle us.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #7304 on: December 08, 2023, 07:47:45 PM »

Its not a conspiracy.

I agree with you.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal