collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by eamonn
[Today at 10:38:10 PM]

Re: FFP by AV82EC
[Today at 10:36:39 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Behind Bluenose Lines
[Today at 10:32:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:30:40 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:29:02 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:27:22 PM]

Re: FFP by aj2k77
[Today at 10:21:35 PM]

Re: FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:11:07 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Unai Emery - our manager  (Read 660275 times)

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Unai Emery - our manager
« Reply #1890 on: November 27, 2022, 10:04:54 PM »
That's great but I haven't a clue what he's saying. Hopefully the players do.

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #1891 on: November 28, 2022, 07:17:24 AM »
Well he looks like he’s actually coaching rather than watching people run around, which is interesting.

I know it’s hard to tell from short vids, but it seemed more dull and repetitive compared to some of the fun looking ones under previous regimes. Which isn’t a bad thing when we need to be more disciplined and solid.

Of course, after the camera stopped they may have been chasing each other around in clown suits and novelty cars for all I know.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1892 on: November 28, 2022, 09:02:09 AM »
Well he looks like he’s actually coaching rather than watching people run around, which is interesting.

I know it’s hard to tell from short vids, but it seemed more dull and repetitive compared to some of the fun looking ones under previous regimes. Which isn’t a bad thing when we need to be more disciplined and solid.

Of course, after the camera stopped they may have been chasing each other around in clown suits and novelty cars for all I know.
I think Micah is busy with other stuff.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #1893 on: November 28, 2022, 09:35:29 AM »

Given the pace they were playing the ball in those videos, I can only assume the video is only showing part of a warm-up or warm-down, as there is no way they are are passing the ball with that little intensity in training.

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #1894 on: November 28, 2022, 09:44:10 AM »

I think Micah is busy with other stuff.

And we'd have certainly heard him.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1895 on: November 28, 2022, 10:34:44 AM »

Given the pace they were playing the ball in those videos, I can only assume the video is only showing part of a warm-up or warm-down, as there is no way they are are passing the ball with that little intensity in training.

Maybe he's slowed things down to start with to try to get the basics into them?

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1896 on: November 29, 2022, 04:13:28 AM »
Randomly occurred to me: would we rather have any of the WC coaches instead of Unai?

(Apart from Gareth, of course - the Villa legend who doesn't like to go more than 48 hours without belittling us or selling one of our players.)

Offline ldavfc4eva

« Reply #1897 on: November 29, 2022, 07:04:18 AM »
Not for me Rory.

Deschamps and Enrique stand out but I wouldn’t choose either over Unai, Martinez isn’t in the same league and Van Gaal is having a last swan song.

Definite no to Southgate.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1898 on: November 29, 2022, 07:18:13 AM »
Randomly occurred to me: would we rather have any of the WC coaches instead of Unai?

(Apart from Gareth, of course - the Villa legend who doesn't like to go more than 48 hours without belittling us or selling one of our players.)

I'm not sure I'd rather have any other manager in the world to be honest.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #1899 on: November 29, 2022, 07:58:38 AM »
Tend to agree with Drummond there. I can't think of any obvious ones I'd have over Emery at the moment. He's a very strong appointment.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1900 on: November 29, 2022, 08:27:51 AM »
Tend to agree with Drummond there. I can't think of any obvious ones I'd have over Emery at the moment. He's a very strong appointment.

Count me in to this. I don't think there's a manager with a better record of achieving at clubs outside of the serial champions league mobs that is also in the prime of his career with arguably the best years ahead of him.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #1901 on: November 29, 2022, 08:41:27 AM »

I don't think there is anyone currently managing in this World Cup I'd swap with.
Emery seems a perfect fit although it would be really interesting to see how he guided England in a tournament (if he wasn't managing us)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1902 on: November 29, 2022, 09:32:47 AM »
Agree with that. WC coaches are jobbers not builders. Maybe Herr Flick but only when he was 10 years younger.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1903 on: November 29, 2022, 09:35:52 AM »
Agree with that. WC coaches are jobbers not builders. Maybe Herr Flick but only when he was 10 years younger.

He also needs to learn to focus, which he never will until he manages to get over that obsession with tracking down the painting of the fallen Madonna with the big boobies.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1904 on: November 29, 2022, 11:36:55 AM »

Count me in to this. I don't think there's a manager with a better record of achieving at clubs outside of the serial champions league mobs that is also in the prime of his career with arguably the best years ahead of him.

Absolutely. And one with a big point to prove in the best league in the world, who knows his shit, works fucking hard, attracts decent players, who like him. He's a better bet than anyone else for us right now.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal