collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa V Everton Post Match Thread.  (Read 19624 times)

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
Re: Aston Villa V Everton Post Match Thread.
« Reply #180 on: August 14, 2022, 07:46:14 PM »
A couple from on the continent would be Lentini and Denilson, both moved for world record fees when money wasn’t thrown around like confetti and did nothing of note after. Lentini was involved in a very serious car crash, by all accounts, which could have had something to do with it.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #181 on: August 14, 2022, 07:49:24 PM »
Adriano would be another shout from abroad.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2022, 07:52:24 PM »
Andy Carroll?

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #183 on: August 14, 2022, 08:28:23 PM »
Going back a few years Des Walker was one of the best central defenders in Europe nevermind England. Forest fans used to sing 'You'll never beat Des Walker' and they were right. Cool, calm, collected summed him up then almost overnight he just seemed to lose it. Konsa in his prime reminded me of him and just like Walker he seems to have lost it. Hopefully he can regain it but right now it doesn't look like he will.

Des became a lorry driver. Came to our place a few times and got a bit arsey when I said I was surprised he smoked. Fair enough I suppose, fairly stupid thing for me to say really.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #184 on: August 14, 2022, 08:33:52 PM »
Walker is a crap suggestion, he was still an almost ever-present in the Premier League at the age of 35. In 6 years for Sheffs Weds in the top flight he missed out about 5 games.

And in those last 9/10 years back never played for England again? Each to their own.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 11:46:48 PM by Rudy Can't Fail »

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2022, 11:26:37 PM »
I knew we were going to be ok as soon as Soloman Rondon came on for them.

‘We’re losing - how can we change the game? I know - we’ll bring on Solomon Rondon and Dele Alli.’ Lol

I thought the same...

Me too, then he started bullying us in the air and laid on chances to get them a point. Think it was him that took out two of our players in the air in the lead-up to their first goal, too.

Edit: Referring to Rondon
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 11:30:33 PM by eamonn »

Online eamonn

« Reply #186 on: August 14, 2022, 11:30:08 PM »
There was everything that is good and bad about Watkins yesterday. Tireless running, but when clear through on goal, he mucks it up, as he often does.

You did immediately spring to mind when he controlled that long ball brilliantly with his head in the first few minutes. I give him a break with that chance near the end as he'd gone up and down the pitch about three times without stopping before it came to him.

He was excellent yesterday, no ifs or buts for me.

For your part, Ings must have impressed you for once  ;)

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #187 on: August 14, 2022, 11:40:47 PM »
I knew we were going to be ok as soon as Soloman Rondon came on for them.

‘We’re losing - how can we change the game? I know - we’ll bring on Solomon Rondon and Dele Alli.’ Lol

I thought the same...

Me too, then he started bullying us in the air and laid on chances to get them a point. Think it was him that took out two of our players in the air in the lead-up to their first goal, too.

Edit: Referring to Rondon

This all reads like Everton equalised....

Online eamonn

« Reply #188 on: August 14, 2022, 11:42:51 PM »
Oh, yeah! We won!!

Online Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #189 on: August 15, 2022, 12:28:10 AM »
What has happened to Dele Alli? I used to think he was a cracking player. Four or five very good years at Spurs when he was a reliable 1 goal in 3-4 games attacking midfielder to the absolute nothing player he is now. And he's still only 26.

Yeah it’s very weird. I’ve got a recollection of a few injuries potentially hampering him.

I was saying after the game, 3-4 years ago I'd have given anything for him, was trying to think of another player that has tailed off so dramatically well before hitting his peak years.

David Bentley?

Bentley openly admitted he didn’t enjoy football and mainly the culture that surrounded it at the time. He was a good player that decided it wasn’t for him and went into business. He also tried to help younger kids coming into the game with education and handling money and fame.

Yep I know. But before he decided to call it a day, he tailed off massively, which was the question! :)

I saw David Bentley at Cineworld Broad St when he was on loan at SHA. He walked in, looked around, then like a teenager on a bus, ran up the steps to get to the back, before grunting in pain after maybe ten steps and slowly finding his way to a seat nearby.

When I saw him leave, he was limping. Prat.

Online Hillbilly

« Reply #190 on: August 15, 2022, 12:54:49 AM »
Was a bit disappointed with Leon's cameo but we didn't feed him enough either to use his pace on the break. Think he'll stay on the subs bench.
The one game for which he should be nailed on is Man Utd. Him running full tilt straight at Maguire is pretty much the only tactic we'd need.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #191 on: August 15, 2022, 12:58:09 AM »
Was a bit disappointed with Leon's cameo but we didn't feed him enough either to use his pace on the break. Think he'll stay on the subs bench.
The one game for which he should be nailed on is Man Utd. Him running full tilt straight at Maguire is pretty much the only tactic we'd need.

Then the TV coverage cuts to Maguire looking suitably anguished and Ronaldo doing that geeing up motion as he takes the restart. 

Online Rory

« Reply #192 on: August 15, 2022, 01:09:05 AM »

Then the TV coverage cuts to Maguire looking suitably anguished and Ronaldo doing that geeing up motion as he takes the restart.

I think we could also do with bringing Alan Wright out of retirement, to win headers against that Martinez centre half they have.

Online Hillbilly

« Reply #193 on: August 15, 2022, 03:25:13 AM »
I dunno, Buendia has shown he can leap well above what his 4'10" suggests. A stocky salmon if you will.

Online Rory

« Reply #194 on: August 15, 2022, 03:43:51 AM »
I dunno, Buendia has shown he can leap well above what his 4'10" suggests. A stocky salmon if you will.

Fair enough, but if he's 4'10" I'm not sure he needs to leap. Either he'll beat Martinez in the air without jumping, or he'll control the ball and Forrest Gump Maguire will scythe him down.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal