collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Everton Pre Match  (Read 23537 times)

Offline ldavfc4eva

Re: Aston Villa v Everton Pre Match
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2022, 09:40:02 PM »
I like Rissos post, wonder what the odds are on that lot happening.

Online Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2022, 09:42:54 PM »
I'm off to the bookies tomorrow to see what they will give me on Coady scoring, I'm expecting very short odds!

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2022, 11:00:21 PM »

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2022, 11:07:04 PM »
Their new midfield signing will probably end up having the game of his life.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2022, 11:10:01 PM »
Their new midfield signing will probably end up having the game of his life.

The new Robert Warzycha.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2022, 11:14:57 PM »
I'm expecting starts for Luiz, Watkins, Buendia and Chambers. I think it's early enough in the season to put that many changes in as many other teams will be switching around.

Get the feeling it's going to be one of those have loads of ball but struggle to break down opposition game, 1-1 wouldn't surprise me at all as Everton will sit back and play 5 in defence. The high temperatures won't help us either as we're the ones who need to be on the front foot.

Going to be travel chaos aswell with the train strikes and the club seemingly expecting everyone to come by car going by their website post today, surely they could purchase some of the buses the council used for the Commonwealth for this?

I'm going to Bloodstock on Saturday anyway. First band I want to see is Sylosis at 3pm so will have time to catch most of this game so any good Villa pub in the Lichfield area to drop in on the way, was thinking of the one at Boley Park which shows football and has been o.k in the past when I've eat there.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2022, 12:24:59 AM »
Mike's had a word

God, I wish he really was in charge of the team with Gus our chief exec.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2022, 01:13:25 AM »
I'm expecting starts for Luiz, Watkins, Buendia and Chambers. I think it's early enough in the season to put that many changes in as many other teams will be switching around.

Get the feeling it's going to be one of those have loads of ball but struggle to break down opposition game, 1-1 wouldn't surprise me at all as Everton will sit back and play 5 in defence. The high temperatures won't help us either as we're the ones who need to be on the front foot.

Going to be travel chaos aswell with the train strikes and the club seemingly expecting everyone to come by car going by their website post today, surely they could purchase some of the buses the council used for the Commonwealth for this?

I'm going to Bloodstock on Saturday anyway. First band I want to see is Sylosis at 3pm so will have time to catch most of this game so any good Villa pub in the Lichfield area to drop in on the way, was thinking of the one at Boley Park which shows football and has been o.k in the past when I've eat there.

Good stuff mate.

Sylosis! Lucky man!

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2022, 01:46:02 AM »
Isn't that what you get after spending a muddy weekend at Glastonbury or is that trench-foot?

Offline sid1964

« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2022, 05:59:29 AM »
So when Mings starts for us we never concede a goal from a corner or a set piece? if that is the case then Mings should always be in the team.

if Mings does not start on Saturday and we concede a goal even if it is a 40 yard thunderbolt - most on here will say "if Mings had started we would not have conceded that goal"

If he starts and we concede a goal from a corner or set piece it will not be his fault.

Whenever a player is not in the starting 11 they are always the best player in the club, you never make a mistake in a game sitting on the bench watching the game.

For me on Saturday it should be Chambers and Carlos as our 2 centre backs as Everton will not just launch the ball up the field, and will play a more possession based game against us.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 06:17:33 AM by sid1964 »

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2022, 06:35:18 AM »
Isn't that what you get after spending a muddy weekend at Glastonbury or is that trench-foot?

Haha!

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2022, 07:08:11 AM »
So when Mings starts for us we never concede a goal from a corner or a set piece? if that is the case then Mings should always be in the team.

if Mings does not start on Saturday and we concede a goal even if it is a 40 yard thunderbolt - most on here will say "if Mings had started we would not have conceded that goal"

If he starts and we concede a goal from a corner or set piece it will not be his fault.

Whenever a player is not in the starting 11 they are always the best player in the club, you never make a mistake in a game sitting on the bench watching the game.

For me on Saturday it should be Chambers and Carlos as our 2 centre backs as Everton will not just launch the ball up the field, and will play a more possession based game against us.

That’s how it works.

Carlos Cuellar and Ron Vlaar turned into Baresi & McGrath when they were out of the side.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2022, 07:13:09 AM »
I like Rissos post, wonder what the odds are on that lot happening.
Me too.
I'll take the 4-0 and the Dirty Dancing thing when Mings scores.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2022, 10:44:00 AM »
Unchanged line-up I reckon.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #119 on: August 10, 2022, 11:00:13 AM »
Oh, and the joy of no trains at Aston or Witton stations on Saturday.... Have fun those that are going. Me? I'll be on the beach. I hope the players aren't.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal