collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[Today at 11:28:45 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Everton Pre Match  (Read 23750 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Aston Villa v Everton Pre Match
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2022, 10:47:22 AM »
Rangers, Brentford, Hull, No Job, No Job, No Job, Norwich, The Rags. That's where we recruit our managers from. No wonder we've been shit for so long.

Well when we were in the Championship, I don't think the likes of Guardiola were too interested.  And the much admired Pochettino went from Southampton to Spurs, and is currently "no job".

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2022, 10:56:48 AM »
It's got "late winner from Coady" via a set piece written all over it hasn't it?

Of course it has.  They will have seen how weak without Mings we are at set pieces and will play on that. 

Maybe we should all look Gerrard in the eye and see if we get a response from him before predicting what might happen.

Offline Risso

« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2022, 12:28:30 PM »
This week's press confrerence will be interesting, as will the usual training ground smiley pictures.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2022, 01:02:37 PM »
I thought we would win comfortably in Bournemouth  so this week I will go for an Everton win as I am awful at predictions.

Offline Risso

« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2022, 01:12:26 PM »
Hopes for the weekend:

We win 4-0, with Mings in defence, who also scores the 4th from a towering header following a genius MacPhee training ground move. Mings then runs to Gerrard who carries him aloft like the end bit of Dirty Dancing. Manly, comradely back slaps abound. People on Twitter declare that we're going to win the league. Fat Fwank gets sacked.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2022, 01:16:13 PM »
Last time we lost to Bournemouth we beat Everton next game, I think?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2022, 01:41:31 PM »

That was games 2 and 3 of that season.

Last time we lost to Bournemouth we took 2 points from the next 9 games and Covid was starting to be news. So maybe a zombie apocalypse is around the corner after this defeat.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 01:45:21 PM by PeterWithesShin »

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2022, 01:44:09 PM »

Not quite.  Last time we lost to them we then lost our next 4 games (including the league cup final) which took us up to the covid pandemic.  In fact, the last time we lost to them, we drew 2 and lost 8 of our next 10 games.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2022, 02:46:43 PM »
Martinez

Cash
Konsa
Carlos
Digne

Kamara
Luiz

Mcginn
Beundia

Coutinhio

Watkins

3-1 (Watkins, Coutinhio, Beundia), nervy 2-1 lead with late goal to settle the nerves

Online aj2k77

« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2022, 06:11:11 PM »
Rangers, Brentford, Hull, No Job, No Job, No Job, Norwich, The Rags. That's where we recruit our managers from. No wonder we've been shit for so long.

Well when we were in the Championship, I don't think the likes of Guardiola were too interested.  And the much admired Pochettino went from Southampton to Spurs, and is currently "no job".

Pochettino can do one. We weren't in the Championship when we appointed Lambert, Mcleish, Gerrard, Sherwood or Garde. That's a right shit list. There's a reason why no one tends to employ any of our recent managers after us.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2022, 06:14:00 PM »

That was games 2 and 3 of that season.

Last time we lost to Bournemouth we took 2 points from the next 9 games and Covid was starting to be news. So maybe a zombie apocalypse is around the corner after this defeat.

Not quite.  Last time we lost to them we then lost our next 4 games (including the league cup final) which took us up to the covid pandemic.  In fact, the last time we lost to them, we drew 2 and lost 8 of our next 10 games.

Can people stop ruining things with facts, please?

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2022, 06:44:37 PM »

Pochettino can do one. We weren't in the Championship when we appointed Lambert, Mcleish, Gerrard, Sherwood or Garde. That's a right shit list. There's a reason why no one tends to employ any of our recent managers after us.

Our club has been a managerial graveyard for nearly 30 years. Sometimes finishing careers dead (DOL, Sherwood, RDM?), others firmly finishing previously upwardly mobile managers (Lambert, MON, Little). Even Deano looks in peril now at Norwich unless results improve quickly.

McLeish was universally unpopular from day 1 but Gerrard was the biggest gamble that I can recall. His CV really didn't warrant any PL job, same for Lampard. With the exception of these two, again I can't recall major opposition to the appointments of the others.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2022, 07:04:29 PM »

Add to that Sheffield Wednesday (Ron Atkinson), Watford (Sir Graham) and Man City 4 points above the relegation zone (Ron Saunders).

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2022, 08:12:13 PM »
Lose this and its going to be toxic. That's why I think we'll win.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2022, 09:36:11 PM »
I really don’t think it will be toxic if we lose, its the second game of the season. The crowd at the game are far more tolerant and patient.

We’ll win comfortably, the new three at the back system will be lauded and used for the rest of the decade.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal