collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Villa Post match thread  (Read 23652 times)

Offline Delboy Villan

Re: Bournemouth v Villa Post match thread
« Reply #315 on: August 07, 2022, 03:36:13 PM »
i heard the average was 55 minutes per game?

I think SG may struggle to look Ty in the eye??

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #316 on: August 07, 2022, 03:46:01 PM »
i heard the average was 55 minutes per game?

45 for us. Bottom of the league. Man City top with 60.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #317 on: August 07, 2022, 04:31:46 PM »

To be fair he is 6 foot 5.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #318 on: August 07, 2022, 06:30:24 PM »
Also, I’ll give you one guess as to which team let me down on my 8 match accumulater yesterday!!

Would've been a tidy payout putting Bournemouth instead given they were probably 12/5 or something to beat us.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #319 on: August 07, 2022, 07:29:01 PM »
Re-watching Cashy's goal at Man City. What happened to that sort of purposeful attack? Obviously Man City weren't bus parking, but we transition the ball with our midfield dropped between the centre halves, we drive from 6, drive from 8 and in two passes we're at the byline

Cash and Digne are both level with Watkins when the ball is played into Ramsey. 7 men are committed to the attack. Ramsey, Buendia hit the box with Watkins. Cash comes in as well, the cross is a pull back and not an early ball, squaring them up. It's a brilliant goal. It's a full throated and confident attack.

It's tough to reconcile us at times.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #320 on: August 07, 2022, 07:31:33 PM »
I really hope this doesn't turn out to be about Beale not being there anymore.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #321 on: August 07, 2022, 07:37:44 PM »

To be fair Critchley is known for attacking coaching isn’t he? I’m sure he’s capable.

Offline supertom

« Reply #322 on: August 07, 2022, 07:59:32 PM »
My head is saying this is opening day syndrome. Utd lost, Liverpool drew, Man City despite winning, were shit, Leicester dropped a two goal lead at home to a Brentford many expect will struggle.

We came up against a newly promoted side. The norm and not the exception, is that we're shit against promoted sides on opening day. Of course we all expected to win, and most pundits thought it would be easy and the team strolled out, played in third gear thinking it was probably going to be easy, even after conceding early.

So I'm hoping it's training mode hangover. Like everyone, we need to be getting points on the board right from the off, so we'd better sharpen up.

If we're still not at the races in 3-4 games time, then I'll start worrying and questioning whether Gerrard's great ideas can be implemented by Gerrard.

There's no disguising that it was dreadful yesterday, but with the exception or perhaps Arsenal, Spurs and Newcastle, everyone has looked toss so far. There's certainly not enough to suggest in Bournemouth that they'll stay up.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 08:01:07 PM by supertom »

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #323 on: August 07, 2022, 08:21:37 PM »
My head is saying this is opening day syndrome. Utd lost, Liverpool drew, Man City despite winning, were shit, Leicester dropped a two goal lead at home to a Brentford many expect will struggle.

We came up against a newly promoted side. The norm and not the exception, is that we're shit against promoted sides on opening day. Of course we all expected to win, and most pundits thought it would be easy and the team strolled out, played in third gear thinking it was probably going to be easy, even after conceding early.

So I'm hoping it's training mode hangover. Like everyone, we need to be getting points on the board right from the off, so we'd better sharpen up.

If we're still not at the races in 3-4 games time, then I'll start worrying and questioning whether Gerrard's great ideas can be implemented by Gerrard.

There's no disguising that it was dreadful yesterday, but with the exception or perhaps Arsenal, Spurs and Newcastle, everyone has looked toss so far. There's certainly not enough to suggest in Bournemouth that they'll stay up.

Agree with this

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #324 on: August 08, 2022, 01:10:11 AM »
I knew we were going to lose once Blose won.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #325 on: August 08, 2022, 01:47:19 AM »
I'm clinging to the fact that we shot ourselves in the foot with the first attack of the game. Gameplan out the window, Bournemouth can sit in, let us have possession and counter us when safe to do so. A tight ground with little space in the final third for our ball players to shine.

Excuses or reasons...maybe both. But as long as we don't concede first away from home too often, we might be ok.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #326 on: August 08, 2022, 07:35:35 AM »
Allowing a 6ft 6 striker a free header from an uncontested cross for the second and hardly having a shot in the vacinity of thier goal not a little bit concerning though?

Away from home for me we have to have a double pivot in front of the back 4, with 1 central attacking mid. Personally I would be getting Luiz and Kamara together, with JJ in front, Bailey left, Buendia right. Archer up top for a few games, see what he's got.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #327 on: August 08, 2022, 08:19:08 AM »

Quite a few on different threads keep mentioning 2 wins in 12 at the end of last season, on top of Saturdays result, as one of the reasons Gerrard should be gone. Beale was well and truly at the club then.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #328 on: August 08, 2022, 10:16:12 AM »
I know we had lots of possession, and some would say we dominated; the issue though, is that we did fuck all with the ball when we had it again.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #329 on: August 08, 2022, 10:21:50 AM »
Can we have the Everton pre-match thread now, please? Lots of people are talking about who we should pick over multiple threads.

Olaftab created it last year and we won three-nil so him again, please. Don't let can't even be arsed to make a poll Smirker near it after Saturday's DISGRACE.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal