collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Away Tickets  (Read 7732 times)

Offline wittonwarrior

Away Tickets
« on: July 18, 2022, 11:08:28 AM »
Villa's 2nd window sell for Bournemouth went to 18 aways from last season even though they openly admitted to me in an email the allocation was insufficient for people with 19/20 away credits - so why did they drop it to 18?

Can see the same issue arising from now until November (when the criteria will change) as the 1st window sale now for all aways from Palace until the world cup break is 18 plus

Why do people who have 3 or 4 extra credits have to scramble for the same tickets as someone who has been to 18 games.  (total number if someone had, had a ticket for every game last season 22 (19 league plus Barrow, Chelsea and Manure)

I suppose getting rid of the tickets as quickly as possible will be the answer.

Online AlexAlexCropley

Re: Away Tickets
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2022, 11:26:14 AM »
Interesting to note there are people who have never been to an away match and have no chance of going to one in the future.
This can't be good for our younger fans.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2022, 11:41:41 AM »
And yet when we drew Man Utd away they only took the lowest allocation because it was Monday and they couldn’t take the risk the spineless twats in the ticket office

I’d sack every one of the top managers in ticket office, just fuck them off and bring in people that will get behind the fans

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2022, 11:44:01 AM »
And yet when we drew Man Utd away they only took the lowest allocation because it was Monday and they couldn’t take the risk the spineless twats in the ticket office

I’d sack every one of the top managers in ticket office, just fuck them off and bring in people that will get behind the fans

It wasn't that, it was because Man Utd wanted to charge more if we took more tickets or something like that.

Offline john e

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2022, 11:47:53 AM »

It wasn't that, it was because Man Utd wanted to charge more if we took more tickets or something like that.

Whatever, lots of fans were scraping round for spares
Middlesborough went up there in the next round and took loads more than us

Fucking Middlesborough, you can make excuses for them all you like but they need turfing out the useless wankers

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2022, 11:48:44 AM »
Interesting to note there are people who have never been to an away match and have no chance of going to one in the future.

You are spot on AlexAlexCropley and I get that 110% but with such high interest in the Villa @2022 what would be your alternative. 

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2022, 11:51:49 AM »

Fucking Middlesborough, you can make excuses for them all you like but they need turfing out the useless wankers

From what I know if Villa had taken a larger allocation at OT then tickets would have been £46 each (not sure about the initial allocation) but definitely all extras and Villa would have had to stand the cost of any unsold.    Massive game for a lower division club 4th round at OT - we have been there enough times for some people to scroff at paying £46.

Offline nordenvillain

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2022, 11:57:12 AM »
Quote from: john e link=topic=63216.msg4191466#msg4191466
date=1658141273

From what I know if Villa had taken a larger allocation at OT then tickets would have been £46 each (not sure about the initial allocation) but definitely all extras and Villa would have had to stand the cost of any unsold.    Massive game for a lower division club 4th round at OT - we have been there enough times for some people to scroff at paying £46.
Big difference between playing Monday or Friday night, the former means most people having to go to school or work next day, the latter less so plus 1 round later bound to generate more interest.

Online AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2022, 11:59:01 AM »

You are spot on AlexAlexCropley and I get that 110% but with such high interest in the Villa @2022 what would be your alternative.
Firstly,no block tickets to lions clubs and affiliates.
Secondly, doing away with criteria.
Thirdly, do an online away fan random pick.

Offline john e

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2022, 12:07:49 PM »
Quote from: john e link=topic=63216.msg4191466#msg4191466
date=1658141273

Big difference between playing Monday or Friday night, the former means most people having to go to school or work next day, the latter less so plus 1 round later bound to generate more interest.

I don't give a shit
When you get the chance of taking more tickets so people who never get the chance to go can go you take that opportunity no matter what the cost to the club might be

Offline john e

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2022, 12:09:13 PM »
It’s not the first time either it’s happened  before
they’re spineless in that dept

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2022, 12:09:19 PM »
It was Man U who were pricks, not Villa.

Offline john e

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2022, 12:11:26 PM »
It was Man U who were pricks, not Villa.

Both

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2022, 12:15:57 PM »

A lot of the regulars at away games seem to be fairly young. And a very high proportion are absolute massive fucking twats.

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2022, 12:21:50 PM »
The problem is that the higher number of games you need now to get a ticket means that any of us with such a high level are all scared of missing a game because we will end up dropping down the ranks.

In 19/20 my mates GF wanted to take him away for his birthday and we reluctantly missed Bournemouth away. That meant I couldn't get a ticket for Barrow in the league cup last season. Not getting a ticket for Barrow meant I didn't qualify for first dibs to Bournemouth this season, and was very lucky in the ridiculous 3 minute scramble to get tickets in the second lot.

There needs to be a balance between rewarding long term followers and allowing everyone a realistic shot at going now and then. The current system encourages people to buy tickets even when they know they can't go just to keep their position.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal