collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Away Tickets  (Read 7731 times)

Online sid1964

Re: Away Tickets
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2022, 01:12:26 PM »
I agree the current way of selling away tickets does seem to be a closed shop - there needs to be a way of ensuring that if you buy a ticket for an away game then you must attend and not just sell the ticket on to a friend etc..

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2022, 01:15:06 PM »
I can see why the club did what they did. Besides, not everyone can do away games on a Monday night.

Nah they bottled it. I know why they bottled it but it doesn’t excuse it.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2022, 01:15:36 PM »
I agree the current way of selling away tickets does seem to be a closed shop - there needs to be a way of ensuring that if you buy a ticket for an away game then you must attend and not just sell the ticket on to a friend etc..

I think that's what they do with the ballot tickets. If you are successful, you have to fetch them from the away clubs ticket office I think.

Offline martyn ellis

• http://www.martin-martyn.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2022, 01:16:59 PM »
A timely thread. As a season ticket holder for many years, living in London meant that I was able to attend a large proportion of away games without the hassle of a whole day devoted to home games. Hammers, Spurs, Palace, Charlton (a while ago now), Chelsea, Fulham, Arsenal, were all regulars, until I was obliged to miss a few due to circumstances beyond my control and since then have simply not had a look in. The result is I've never been to the new Spurs ground (would love to), nor the West Ham ground (not so keen) and am denied on average five or six away games a season, on my doorstep. This is something the club should look into in order to give devoted fans (myself included) a fair crack at securing a ticket.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2022, 01:20:26 PM »
I agree with Martin, it should not be the preserve of the few.
There has to be a fairer way.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2022, 01:23:51 PM »
I do get why they do it like that rewarding the loyal ones. I presume it's why they brought the ballot in.

Offline martyn ellis

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2022, 01:24:50 PM »
I don't suppose writing an email to the club would make the slightest difference, but might be worth a try.

Offline martyn ellis

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2022, 01:25:40 PM »
Someone enlighten me about the ballot - I was not aware.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2022, 01:31:27 PM »
I think season ticket holders can enter a ballot for a certain away game and if successful, they give you the opportunity to buy a pair of tickets.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2022, 01:33:12 PM »
I don't suppose writing an email to the club would make the slightest difference, but might be worth a try.

Depends if it’s a strongly worded one or not

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2022, 01:35:50 PM »
The thing with the ballot is it's only a handful of tickets, so your chances are very low.

I appreciate they need to reward the loyal fans, but the closed shop is a problem.  I think every ST holder should get an opportunity to buy a ticket for at least one away match per season should they wish to do so.  It shouldn't be beyond the wit of the sales team to come up with a method for this and still keep the majority of tickets based on history.

Online Dave P

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2022, 01:39:19 PM »
I don't think its every away game though and it's only normally 50 tickets up for grabs.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2022, 01:40:03 PM »
I honestly don’t know what the answer is to the longer term problem of fans getting away Tickets
I can appreciate it is a difficult conundrum

My point and the one I’m raging about is when they get the chance ie Man Utd last season they should move heaven and earth to get as many fans there as possible even if they have to think a little bit of how best to do it

But as a AV8 says they bottled it

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2022, 01:44:37 PM »
What do other clubs do, anyone know? I assume Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal and quite a few other teams must sell out every game they play away from home. Is it the same fans going to each away match?

Offline bilsim

• I just love Aston Villa.
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2022, 01:55:28 PM »
Father in law is a Chelsea fan and they have some kind of scheme that allows all season ticket holders to attend at least a couple of away games a season, he complains that it's not great but definitely better than the closed shop we have.

I love an away game and there's so many grounds I'd love to go to but feels like a complete impossibility these days.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal