collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Away Tickets  (Read 7730 times)

Offline artvandelay

Re: Away Tickets
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2022, 04:14:51 PM »
Well yes exactly, if the £57 was still the price for Chelsea then we probably wouldn't sell out! Now we're in a position where it's £30 but it's almost impossible to get a ticket. The PL have agreed to freeze the £30 price for at least two more seasons I believe.

I still think the QR code system I outlined above would solve the problem, as nobody would be able to game the system without giving their phone to someone! The PL could also step in to increase the size of the allocations from the current 3000 max

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2022, 04:24:20 PM »
The FA won't increase allocations when many clubs are already selling out home tickets.

I agree the QR code could be a step in the right direction, but is it an issue clubs are really invested in tackling?

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2022, 04:26:45 PM »
The FA won't increase allocations when many clubs are already selling out home tickets.

I agree the QR code could be a step in the right direction, but is it an issue clubs are really invested in tackling?

Not if they are selling the tickets, no.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2022, 04:53:22 PM »
I found this very interesting as I hadn't realised they publish this information;

https://tickets.avfc.co.uk/usercontent/documents/pdf/A2223%20Bournemouth%20Info.pdf

You can see the number of us who qualify for each category. So 2,404 fans have 18 or more away game credits for last season. I suspect that would take up the majority of tickets for most games.
And so it will go on, because they'l be the only ones who can get 18 this season too.  That's why they'll continue to buy them and sell them on when they can't go.  The criteria is self defeating.

This is the exact problem. Every fan who travels away that I know personally will buy their ticket for every match , and many sell them on for a good proportion of the matches. They're too scared of losing their allocation for the ones they DO want to go to, not to buy one for the ones they don't. Thus  it's a self defeating system.

As an aside,  I went away lots in the champ years and when we first got promoted back. Started not to enjoy it so much due to the increasingly large dickhead contingency - I like a beer as much as the next man, but there's drunkenness on an industrial scale , people spewing in the seats, Villa fans fighting each other, that annoying display on the concourse of every ground before kick off where its impossible to get a drink or anything to eat without being covered in beer etc etc.  I feel like some variation in the people going from week to week would dilute this down a bit maybe.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2022, 04:56:07 PM »
As an aside,  I went away lots in the champ years and when we first got promoted back. Started not to enjoy it so much due to the increasingly large dickhead contingency - I like a beer as much as the next man, but there's drunkenness on an industrial scale , people spewing in the seats, Villa fans fighting each other, that annoying display on the concourse of every ground before kick off where its impossible to get a drink or anything to eat without being covered in beer etc etc.  I feel like some variation in the people going from week to week would dilute this down a bit maybe.

Spot on. Plus the very open taking of coke, leading to aggressive baiting of opposition fans.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2022, 05:00:40 PM »
Let’s hope for an away tie against MK Dons for 2 reasons

1 - you get whatever allocation you want 10K if you like
Although knowing our lot will probably just take the minimal allocation again the twats ( see I’m still raging)

2 - It’s dead easy for me to get to

Offline artvandelay

« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2022, 06:29:14 PM »

Not if they are selling the tickets, no.
Agreed, there's no incentive to them other than trying to increase 'fairness', and it would cost them money. They won't do it, the whole cycle will just continue.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2022, 07:13:21 PM »
It must be difficult to come up with a system that recognises the supporters who go to every game regardless and it not be a closed shop

I’m someone who used to go to around 8 aways a season prior to relegation and in the championship, as I’m only a member, I don’t even look at the away sale dates as I have absolutely no chance

I appreciate some might say that you could have gone to Chelsea away in the cup or other examples, but it also not practical to plan for this as you generally don’t get the chance of a ticket until a few days before, which means you probably can’t go due to work commitments

We definitely need something better than 50 ballot tickets as I suspect there will be a lot who had previously the same type of away history as mine and all love a good away day

UTV
I'm similar, living outside the area away games probably accounted for 50% of the games I went to. Didn't particularly pick out the popular ones, just ones that were closer to me than Villa Park & there were tickets available given my booking history ... Wigan away on a weeknight, things like that.

They've dried up, which is a pity. From what I gather, even having a season ticket would make the chances getting tickets to aways remote.

I dunno, I think it's absolutely fair that the loyalist supporters get rewarded. Maybe have a guaranteed trickle down, so 65% of tickets released for supporters with 18+ games, but then reserve another 10% to release for 15+ games, release a further 5% for 12+ games, ..., 5% for 3+ games, and 5% based on home attendance. You're still giving two thirds of tickets to the most loyal supporters, and 75% of tickets to anyone who's been to three quarters of the games ...

I dunno, just a thought. :)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2022, 11:37:08 PM »
The only solution is ID. And that's not palatable.

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2022, 05:57:49 AM »
I’d be up for some sort of ID scheme, it would be interesting because if it was the same 2k or so of us going every week then I’d recognise an awful lot more faces than I do.

Unfortunately, an ID scheme would need support and standardisation across all of the clubs and therefore Premier League enforcement. The fans are not the main concern for them though, and as long as the tickets are getting sold to someone they couldn’t give a toss.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2022, 08:02:52 AM »
The fans are not the main concern for them though, and as long as the tickets are getting sold to someone they couldn’t give a toss.

You’d think so from the way fans are treated generally as consumers these days, but the small measures they have taken in terms of devising some penalties for selling tickets on (home and away), and randomly selecting a sample to pick up their tickets from away grounds with ID, would indicate it is something they have some will to tackle.

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2022, 08:30:31 AM »
The fans are not the main concern for them though, and as long as the tickets are getting sold to someone they couldn’t give a toss.

You’d think so from the way fans are treated generally as consumers these days, but the small measures they have taken in terms of devising some penalties for selling tickets on (home and away), and randomly selecting a sample to pick up their tickets from away grounds with ID, would indicate it is something they have some will to tackle.

I think the club has some will yes, but the Premier League itself doesn't unfortunately.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal