collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 02:51:28 PM]

Official Website by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:50:07 PM]

VAR by Nev
[Today at 02:49:24 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 02:45:11 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 02:43:00 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Drummond
[Today at 02:34:47 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:32:30 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Drummond
[Today at 02:25:19 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dirty Leeds vs Aston Villa pre-season friendly  (Read 32060 times)

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
Re: Dirty Leeds vs Aston Villa pre-season friendly
« Reply #270 on: July 17, 2022, 04:14:17 PM »
Marsch: Now Archie, what did you learn today?

Gray: That I'm better off with the U8's as I won't get hurt there.  Can I go back to them please Boss?

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #271 on: July 17, 2022, 04:53:56 PM »
Wasn’t much in the tackle, just unfortunate timing and the kid getting his boot stuck.  There didn’t seem to be much outrage on the pitch either.  Nothing to see here. 

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #272 on: July 17, 2022, 05:03:49 PM »
From the bits I have seen - we seem to be doing that thing where the “8s” dropped in behind the full backs? 

Was that a what happened - and did it work?

Offline Rigadon

« Reply #273 on: July 17, 2022, 05:05:24 PM »
Only seen highlights and only a preseason friendly…….but we still seem a bit toothless up front. 

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #274 on: July 17, 2022, 05:23:12 PM »
McGinn goes in with the outside of his foot and the lad catches his studs in the ground.  Absolutely nothing wrong with the tackle at all.  Really surprised he got booked for that.

Take your claret and blue gigs off it was a poor challenge can’t say otherwise

It's not McGinn's fault that the lad caught his studs in the ground.  Had it been as bad as some think, the players would have surrounded old fat arse to give him stick.  Plenty of people have also said it isn't a foul but I have claret and blue gigs on?  No mate, I have played the game and understand what an accident looks like. 

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #275 on: July 17, 2022, 05:24:16 PM »
Just got back. Thought we ran the show without putting them away. Looked very assured at the back and both Bailey and Buendia had strong games. Kamara will need time as he seemed a bit slow to the play at times but saw enough to think he’s going to be an upgrade. Thought Sanson looked good too. The pitch was tacky and a bit bobbly which didn’t help us much. We look a long way in front of Leeds though and our strength off the bench really showed. 2 or 3-0 wouldn’t have flattered us.

McGinn would’ve been sent packing in a PL game so fortunate with that one but the ref was iffy all game on some challenges.

Spot on I wish I was there with you. UTV

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #276 on: July 17, 2022, 06:44:39 PM »

Offline jwarry

« Reply #277 on: July 17, 2022, 07:18:21 PM »
Heat of the moment, booth tackles we’re going for the ball but both a bit reckless.  Neither player was trying to hurt their opponent so you fucking media twats just fuck off back to you slimey little hovels or wherever you come from

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #278 on: July 17, 2022, 07:20:40 PM »
Even the Leeds manager has said it was normal enough and wouldn’t even have happened with a better ref.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #279 on: July 17, 2022, 07:31:57 PM »
From what I’ve seen although it was a friendly it certainly wasn’t played like a preseason kick about to gain a bit of fitness it was a Proper contest with both teams wanting to win Which is fine by me

I think we can always look at fouls through a claret and blue prism but I know if it was the other way around we would all be jumping up and down but that’s the way it is Football

Biggest Worry for me is still upfront

Offline Rigadon

« Reply #280 on: July 17, 2022, 08:17:56 PM »
From what I’ve seen although it was a friendly it certainly wasn’t played like a preseason kick about to gain a bit of fitness it was a Proper contest with both teams wanting to win Which is fine by me

I think we can always look at fouls through a claret and blue prism but I know if it was the other way around we would all be jumping up and down but that’s the way it is Football

Biggest Worry for me is still upfront

Up front needs sorting. 

Offline jwarry

« Reply #281 on: July 17, 2022, 08:26:17 PM »
Well I searched high and low for an old Bossie thread but it doesn’t exist so it’s going here

https://twitter.com/matkendrick/status/1548626108454768640?s=21&t=J4HO51MT_T7bEOTd5zJvOQ

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #282 on: July 17, 2022, 08:31:10 PM »
Marsch: Now Archie, what did you learn today?

Gray: That I'm better off with the U8's as I won't get hurt there.  Can I go back to them please Boss?

In all seriousness that's exactly my point - if he cannot take the physicality of the men's game should be kept well away.  Be interesting to know how clubs go around arranging insurance for youngster's they want to plant into the men's game.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #283 on: July 17, 2022, 08:31:58 PM »
The Leeds player is still alive. What’s the problem ?

Offline pelty

« Reply #284 on: July 17, 2022, 10:29:29 PM »
Watching the game, two things stood out to me:

1) I just do not see the point of Luiz. I am not knocking his skill, but we know he is not a CDM and he looks nothing special as a more attack-minded midfielder. We are lacking dynamism in the middle of the pitch and it is a bit of a worry for me.

2) I like Watkins’ heart and desire to put in a shift, but he just is not good enough to take us where we want to go. I know that it is not easy to find clinical strikers (though we may well have one on our bench), but Watkins has proven to be a solid but unspectacular striker and I would scour the planet to find a better one (again, assuming that one is not right there waiting his turn).

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal