collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dirty Leeds vs Aston Villa pre-season friendly  (Read 31998 times)

Offline trinityoap

Re: Dirty Leeds vs Aston Villa pre-season friendly
« Reply #300 on: July 18, 2022, 06:51:16 PM »
Dirty Leeds. They are what they are, fine when they are dishing it out but whinge for England if they are on the receiving end. Fuck the lot of 'em.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #301 on: July 18, 2022, 06:55:16 PM »
At the end of last season they seemed to be having a team-wide competition to see who could commit the worst tackle and get banned for the remaining games.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #302 on: July 18, 2022, 07:10:56 PM »
As they faced relegation, need points and all of their players to stay focused and on the pitch, Dan James was sent off for an horrific challenge against Chelsea at the start of the game. So Leeds can fuck right off.

Online Goldenballs

« Reply #303 on: July 18, 2022, 07:42:07 PM »
Cowardly and barbaric? 😂

Not sure if that's a genuine article from one of those weird obsessed Leeds fans, or someone on the wind up?

Offline Astnor

« Reply #304 on: July 18, 2022, 08:01:11 PM »
I did see the full game yesterday evening via the link on here. I think we were good/showed promise. Olsen, Carlos and new DM from France showed that they can be outstanding. Luiz difficult to rate in that game, xlent technic and some superb getting out of no space with the ball and more but not really impose himself so much on the game totales? Had a closer look at Jacob Ramsey and was impressed with his workrate and did seem to do en xlent job defensively also good going forward with the ball and play with his teammates. Dosent sit well with McGinn to not be selected to start a game I think, as usual gave his all when came on if not more, he was good. Ings was at it. Watkins as before,  his not so best to finish but with his workrate and speed he is almost a one man attack so valueable. I try not to bother with Leeds :) . Interesting season ahead.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #305 on: July 18, 2022, 08:59:52 PM »
I have looked at it a few times and I think it was a bad tackle. Only SJM will really know how much intent there was, if you slow it down it looks like there is still down force on the tackling foot as he makes contact with the player.
Is it as bad as the article above? No. But it wasn’t great and it could easily be a VAR red.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #306 on: July 18, 2022, 09:21:38 PM »
One thing I noticed is that none of the Leeds players immediately  raced over to confront McGinn.  Surely that would have happened if it had been disgusting as the Leeds fans are trying to make out

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #307 on: July 18, 2022, 09:34:12 PM »
I have looked at it a few times and I think it was a bad tackle. Only SJM will really know how much intent there was, if you slow it down it looks like there is still down force on the tackling foot as he makes contact with the player.
Is it as bad as the article above? No. But it wasn’t great and it could easily be a VAR red.

Not a chance in my opinion.

Offline Cliftonville Villlain

« Reply #308 on: July 18, 2022, 09:46:09 PM »
Who gives a flyin' fiddlers what Leeds think? They're known for one thing and one thing only. You reap what you fucking sow.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #309 on: July 18, 2022, 09:47:24 PM »
Their shitty club, shitty ground and throwback neanderthal fans are stuck in the 1980s.

Fuck them.

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #310 on: July 18, 2022, 10:08:09 PM »

I’d quite like to see you sprint to beat someone to the ball and bring your leading foot down without force.

Offline Astnor

« Reply #311 on: July 18, 2022, 10:14:06 PM »

I’d quite like to see you sprint to beat someone to the ball and bring your leading foot down without force.
In the beginning the Leeds player s foot where planted om the grass, then Mc ginn s foot came on it from above with some force, kind of a stamp. Free kick an yellow card not totaly wrong either.

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #312 on: July 18, 2022, 10:22:26 PM »

In the beginning the Leeds player s foot where planted om the grass, then Mc ginn s foot came on it from above with some force, kind of a stamp. Free kick an yellow card not totaly wrong either.

Yes, he purposely put his foot down, not to stop himself as he collided with another person, but solely out of malice. I can’t understand why he didn’t just dissipate his momentum into the ether like many on here would have done, or perhaps phased the molecules in his leg to pass harmlessly through solid objects.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #313 on: July 18, 2022, 10:37:10 PM »

I played enough to know the difference.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #314 on: July 18, 2022, 10:42:48 PM »
There were people on here justifying The Neil Taylor tackle so some of the comments are not surprising.
If it had been on a young Villa player the reaction would be the opposite.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal