collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Forge10
[Today at 10:55:52 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 10:55:34 PM]

Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:55:16 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Steve67
[Today at 10:49:02 PM]

Diego Carlos by Monty
[Today at 10:48:12 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 10:47:30 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Steve67
[Today at 10:46:03 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Steve67
[Today at 10:44:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 280105 times)

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
Re: Crest Review
« Reply #3525 on: January 10, 2024, 08:05:50 PM »
Here you go Frank

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #3526 on: January 10, 2024, 08:22:59 PM »
Genuinely no problem with the thinking behind it, the design itself or its execution.
*EDIT* Well done!
Me too, using the ribbon below for "Aston Villa" is something I don't think has been suggested for a standalone lion, but seeing it - it looks great. Really nice badge

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3527 on: January 10, 2024, 08:42:28 PM »
Here you go Frank

I like that but the gold colour would work better on the home shirt, then claret on most other backgrounds.

Online Goldenballs

« Reply #3528 on: January 10, 2024, 08:53:57 PM »

A guy on Twitter has posted a critique and opinion thread on the Heck crest, identified where he thinks it doesn't work and altered it with his recommendations. The above is his design.

I think it is superb and does everything the club said they wanted it to do.

Just give this guy a call, really good.

Online Villan82

« Reply #3529 on: January 10, 2024, 09:01:28 PM »
That's a beauty.

Why can't the club manage it? We have had a crap badge for 17 years (2023-24's round badge being the exception).

Offline Weedy

« Reply #3530 on: January 10, 2024, 09:12:29 PM »
Not sure if I've posted this before, but it shows club badges in 1976 including a Villa one which could be updated for use now.

Some of the clubs' badges look much better than their modern counterparts.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #3531 on: January 10, 2024, 09:16:28 PM »
Scottish clubs have some really nice badges/crests.

Online DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #3532 on: January 10, 2024, 09:23:05 PM »

A guy on Twitter has posted a critique and opinion thread on the Heck crest, identified where he thinks it doesn't work and altered it with his recommendations. The above is his design.

I think it is superb and does everything the club said they wanted it to do.

Just give this guy a call, really good.

That is 100 x better.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #3533 on: January 10, 2024, 09:53:58 PM »
This is an interesting debate across platforms, not just because we can all see 'what we could have won' but also because we've all had different iterations through our lives - regardless of generations that evokes some sense of 'what is Aston Villa' to each of us.

What's interesting about that is there's a bunch of like 10 year olds out there, only getting into football properly now, following a team that are about the embark on a continued period of success, or at least competing for it, and they will associate that great formational period with the Heck crest. And in  25 years time, when there's talk about rebranding for the 175th, they'll be spitting feathers about any changes being made.

Only if they’re blind.

Online AV84

« Reply #3534 on: January 10, 2024, 09:57:03 PM »
This is an interesting debate across platforms, not just because we can all see 'what we could have won' but also because we've all had different iterations through our lives - regardless of generations that evokes some sense of 'what is Aston Villa' to each of us.

What's interesting about that is there's a bunch of like 10 year olds out there, only getting into football properly now, following a team that are about the embark on a continued period of success, or at least competing for it, and they will associate that great formational period with the Heck crest. And in  25 years time, when there's talk about rebranding for the 175th, they'll be spitting feathers about any changes being made.

Only if they’re blind.

Think you're missing the point there. If we go on a run of top 4 finishes, regular Champions League, a few trophies along the way, no kid is going to give 2 fupps what the crest looks like.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #3535 on: January 10, 2024, 09:59:40 PM »

Only if they’re blind.

Think you're missing the point there. If we go on a run of top 4 finishes, regular Champions League, a few trophies along the way, no kid is going to give 2 fupps what the crest looks like.

Sounds like you’re missing the point. A minute ago you said they’d be spitting feathers.

Online AV84

« Reply #3536 on: January 10, 2024, 10:04:40 PM »

Only if they’re blind.

Sounds like you’re missing the point. A minute ago you said they’d be spitting feathers.

Are you being deliberately argumentative or do you really not understand what I'm saying?

They won't care now that the badge looks like it does, but they will come to associate it with a time of great success and in years to come it will be the badge they associate with Aston Villa.

I don't care one bit about a round badge because I was never alive while we had one, except for now. The stripey badge with a yellow lion and "prepared"  says Aston Villa to me, just like the round one says  Aston Villa to those who remember 1982.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #3537 on: January 10, 2024, 10:06:28 PM »
Here you go Frank

Cheers Ian.

Love it.
Simple.
Classy.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #3538 on: January 10, 2024, 10:15:50 PM »
The lion is essential.
I think it's important to have ASTON VILLA.
It's so special. Unique.
I love it when the occasional pundit calls us "The Villa".
Not "The United", "The City"....there's only one...
As Gregory stated... the symmetry of it...two words, 5 letters in each, beginning with an A and ending with an A.
Simply beautiful.
It needs to be there.
As does 1874...it's our 150th birthday!

Just don't fuck it up Chris!

And that's all folks!

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #3539 on: January 10, 2024, 10:42:51 PM »

Only if they’re blind.

Are you being deliberately argumentative or do you really not understand what I'm saying?

They won't care now that the badge looks like it does, but they will come to associate it with a time of great success and in years to come it will be the badge they associate with Aston Villa.

I don't care one bit about a round badge because I was never alive while we had one, except for now. The stripey badge with a yellow lion and "prepared"  says Aston Villa to me, just like the round one says  Aston Villa to those who remember 1982.

I’m not particularly bothered about a round badge either, despite being a match going fan and having wonderful memories of the teams that got us from the third division to European champions. So that part of your point doesn’t chime with me on a personal level.

Simply, the badge they’ve trademarked is a really, really shit badge, that looks like it was designed by a not very talented 12-year-old. I just don’t think we should choose a really shit badge to represent us. We’re not a really shit club after all.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal