collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 279813 times)

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Crest Review
« Reply #3330 on: January 05, 2024, 01:45:36 PM »
I've just shown Mme Mouse the purported new crest - having first shown her the Lerner one, the gas lamp one, and the round one - and her immediate response was "oh la la, c'est pauvre".

Even middle-aged French women with no interest in football think it's shite.

You had me at middle-aged French women.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #3331 on: January 05, 2024, 01:46:14 PM »
I wonder if it turns into something different when soaked in sweat?

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3332 on: January 05, 2024, 01:50:11 PM »
I've spent the last couple of days on here telling people to stop being such big babies, but that is a really shit badge.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2025
« Reply #3333 on: January 05, 2024, 02:42:39 PM »
I wonder if it turns into something different when soaked in sweat?

Yes! Colour change leaves only the lion showing, anyone with a rubbish badge gets subbed at half time/dropped at full. Sorted.

Offline AngelsRightBoot

« Reply #3334 on: January 05, 2024, 03:56:23 PM »
One of the big issues with all of the badges of the last 18 months is the complete lack of story behind them. It means everyone is then judging them on a purely visual basis. So, you look at the likely new badge and just see it as having shit accessibility/contrast, a poor font choice, a shield found in stock library etc.

Doing a proper job involves proper in-depth researching and development. Eg we chose this claret because it's the colour of the ground brickwork/the original 1874 colour/the 1982 claret; we commissioned (not chose) this font based on this heritage/the theme of lions/the idea of prepared; etc etc.

This current version screams 'client standing over the marketing team's shoulders'. No way has it been through a proper design studio or agency.

The process should have been like this. Agencies pitch and selection, the club could release a case study on the reasoning behind their design... but as you say, to me it looks amateur and I'd be very surprised if anything else comes out with detailed reasoning behind the design.

The drop shadow, the year in a tiny white font, it not being scalable... and that awful border. I just hope this isn't actually it.

Offline exigo

« Reply #3335 on: January 05, 2024, 04:00:09 PM »
I'm a Creative Director. If any of my team of designers had put that in front of me, they'd have been politely asked to go again on it.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #3336 on: January 05, 2024, 04:05:06 PM »
I'm a Creative Director. If any of my team of designers had put that in front of me, they'd have been politely asked to go again on it.

You are Paul Lambert and I claim my £5.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #3337 on: January 05, 2024, 05:27:02 PM »

You're too kind.

Personally, this screams of Heck peering over a designer's shoulder, with comments such as 'That's great, now try the text down there', 'What about if it was white?', etc..... But if this truly has been 'designed' by a design professional (*which I very much doubt), they should be given their marching orders, because even on a really bad day, anyone with any shred of design sense would not have come up with that monstrosity.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #3338 on: January 05, 2024, 05:42:02 PM »
Just a thought, but when's the next series of The Apprentice?
Sugar: A prestigious football club want to revitalise their brand with a new badge that would appeal to all supporters old and young.
Twats in suits: Yes, Lord Sugar.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #3339 on: January 05, 2024, 05:43:44 PM »

Exactly the same for anywhere that I have worked...

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #3340 on: January 07, 2024, 07:40:34 AM »
This Heck guy has presided over chaos. What with the Stadium expansion fiasco and now this badge redesign, which isn't rocket science!

Offline littleoldme

« Reply #3341 on: January 07, 2024, 11:36:49 AM »
Was never a fan of the Lerner shield, never bought anything for myself with that badge on, though spent a small fortune on kits etc for my grandchildren.
This new offering just looks like a bastardised version of something i already disliked.
And i thought our colours are claret and blue, not blue and claret which is the first impression i get, so i am not PREPARED (see that) to give any creedence to the new/old design sadly.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #3342 on: January 07, 2024, 11:46:07 AM »
...not PREPARED (see that) to give any creedence to the new/old design...
Do you see a badge noon uprising?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #3343 on: January 07, 2024, 11:49:23 AM »
Find it a bit weird that if you're willing as an adult to buy club merchandise, you'd put your nose up on the badge and refuse to buy it.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3344 on: January 07, 2024, 12:24:01 PM »
Find it a bit weird that if you're willing as an adult to buy club merchandise, you'd put your nose up on the badge and refuse to buy it.

You're not alone. You must lack brand awareness like myself.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal