collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 11:27:44 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by villa for life
[Today at 11:26:26 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Risso
[Today at 11:25:34 PM]

Robin Olsen by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:25:33 PM]

Champions League Contention by Smirker
[Today at 11:23:44 PM]

Diego Carlos by Didier Five
[Today at 11:20:09 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Risso
[Today at 11:19:38 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Demitri_C
[Today at 11:15:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 280137 times)

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Crest Review
« Reply #3285 on: January 04, 2024, 06:40:56 PM »
Fuck me, someone bought a cap in New York and the badge is key to all of our dreams.

I give up.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3286 on: January 04, 2024, 06:51:51 PM »
There's an article in the Birmingham Mail about it, says some members of the FAB have contacted the FA about the whole process saying the club didn't comply with the consultation rules enough, the club obviously say they have.

Fucking hell. Some people really need to discover karaoke or masturbation or something.

I'd be keen to try both at the same time

Beat me to it.

Actually that could be a strap-on line for the the venue.

I reckon the adjustment I've made above would result in karaoke-like wailing whilst masturbating.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #3287 on: January 04, 2024, 06:54:18 PM »
There's an article in the Birmingham Mail about it, says some members of the FAB have contacted the FA about the whole process saying the club didn't comply with the consultation rules enough, the club obviously say they have.

Fucking hell. Some people really need to discover karaoke or masturbation or something.

Beat me to it.

I reckon the adjustment I've made above would result in karaoke-like wailing whilst masturbating.

Help hit the high notes.

Offline FatSam

« Reply #3288 on: January 04, 2024, 06:55:18 PM »
Have a look at what you could've won:

AVL" border="0

This is actually very nice. Pity they didnt go with it.
If that was the crest I would be fairly happy. There are things about it that I think could be better. For example, I would prefer it without the star, which feels excruciatingly small time for a big club. However I appreciate that you can’t please everyone.

I think the colours are good, and it would both look good on the kit, and around the ground. I think it would be good to use the lion on its own in some circumstances, like on the away kit perhaps.

My view is that the only good piece of graphic design that the club have commissioning in living memory was the tune-up of the Lerner crest which added claws to the lion and remove ‘prepared’ etc. That seemed to be a holistic process. The brief was obviously not to redesign the crest completely, so was working within some fairly tight parameters.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #3289 on: January 04, 2024, 06:56:09 PM »
The Noses aren't shite because they have a set of bollocks for a badge. The Noses would still be shite if they swapped the bollocks for something better, like a a crisp packet stuck on a hypodermic needle on a scrub land.

You're right, Blues aren't shite because they have a shit badge, but it's one more thing to rip the piss out of them about. And we're still doing it 50 years on, so it does matter to an extent.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #3290 on: January 04, 2024, 06:56:31 PM »
Unai Emery is the key to a successful football business.

That part will take care of itself.

Heck's remit is to increase commercial revenue, and shirts that have a first rate manufacturer, proper colours, decent badge and sponsors logo will sell better than those that don't.  Broadly speaking, he has those four elements under his control, and he's made a dismal start.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3291 on: January 04, 2024, 06:57:02 PM »

Beat me to it.

Strapline - "Come for the music..."

Had to edit it, the other spelling is just horrible.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3292 on: January 04, 2024, 07:00:20 PM »
I'm actually not that bothered. I've not liked our badge for a long time, didn't like the new round one and don't really care for this either. It's pretty bland and basic and this easy to print, and reproduce on merchandise I suppose.

Our name is there which is by far the most important thing about it. There's a lion and that's it. People wanted a fucking star and they got one.

It's a bit shit but nothing worth getting worked up over and will be largely forgotten by the end of the month when we get back to playing regular league football again.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 10:20:19 PM by Drummond »

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #3293 on: January 04, 2024, 07:01:34 PM »

Beat me to it.

Strapline - "Come for the music..."

Had to edit it, the other spelling is just horrible.

"If you're no good, we'll pull you off"

Online TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #3294 on: January 04, 2024, 07:07:27 PM »
All the 80s hits from Slow Hand to Come On Eileen.

In other news, the proposed badge is shit.

Online KRS

« Reply #3295 on: January 04, 2024, 07:24:53 PM »
Fuck me, someone bought a cap in New York and the badge is key to all of our dreams.

I give up.
Talking bollocks again I see.

Online ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #3296 on: January 04, 2024, 07:27:46 PM »
The one doing the rounds on the internet is bloody awful. At least as bad as the Lerner one, and definitely worse than the current one. Just bring back the old 70s / 80s round badge please. Whilst we are at it bring back Theme From an Unknown Silent Movie as the runout music and put the AVFC floodlights back up.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #3297 on: January 04, 2024, 07:37:08 PM »
I'm actually not that bothered. I've kit liked our badge for a long time, didn't like the new round one and font really care for this either. It's pretty bland and basic and this easy to print, and reproduce on merchandise I suppose.
Our name is there which is by far the most important thing about it. There's a lion and that's it. People wanted a fucking star and they got one.
It's a bit shit but nothing worth getting worked up over and will be largely forgotten by the end of the month when we get back to playing regular league football again.
Yup, that's where I am. We can all 'do design'; Heck's done his.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #3298 on: January 04, 2024, 07:42:31 PM »

I give up.
Talking bollocks again I see.

It's what I do best, but I'd rather that than come over like a marketing executive  .

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #3299 on: January 04, 2024, 07:55:34 PM »
For me the problem isn’t so much the badge itself (which I do hate but it’s not as big a deal as some other stuff), it’s what the process and outcome say about honesty and competence - which in turn makes me concerned about more important areas.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal