collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 279949 times)

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
Re: Crest Review
« Reply #3240 on: January 04, 2024, 02:02:38 PM »
Anyway, Karachokey will be the venue name, strictly over 18's though. Private booths compulsory.

I'll be doing a song by Onan Keating, most probably 'A Different Beat'.

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #3241 on: January 04, 2024, 02:04:24 PM »
Anyway, Karachokey will be the venue name, strictly over 18's though. Private booths compulsory.

I'd just do something by The Wiggles.

Online KRS

« Reply #3242 on: January 04, 2024, 02:18:54 PM »
Go back to the very start of this process when the club stated that they wanted to revamp the identify of Aston Villa FC. Furthermore, this was intended to positively impact the club locally, globally and commercially; and these failings are supposedly the very reasons cited as to why the new round badge is being ditched as a one season wonder.

If any of this is to believed to be true, how is it that the new trademarked effort is literally a copy and paste job of the old shield that previously failed in all of these aspects, and the very reason this whole revamp/rebrand consultation process started in the first place?

Branding is a key element in any successful business including football, so to simply revert to a similar identity makes no sense whatsoever. We were told that they were looking to revamp the identity of Aston Villa with something modern that also encapsulated the strong history of the club…yet what appears to being delivered couldn’t be further from our expectations. There is nothing in this “revamp” that suggests they have met the very remit they set themselves of positively impacting the club locally, globally or commercially…and I would say it’s so far off the mark thats it’s a step backwards rather than forwards, and that’s remarkable given the time and cost that it has taken to get to this point.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #3243 on: January 04, 2024, 02:21:20 PM »

I'd just do something by The Wiggles.

Oh no. The Wiggles... shudders 😂

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3244 on: January 04, 2024, 02:24:08 PM »
Name me a football club that became more successful because they designed a better badge.

There is far too much weight being placed on this.

Devinyls "Touch Myself" will absolutely be the most requested song at Karachokey.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #3245 on: January 04, 2024, 02:24:38 PM »
Unai Emery is the key to a successful football business.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #3246 on: January 04, 2024, 02:27:26 PM »
I’ve taken Ads position in the past on this so I agree with the points that the badge and brand is of much less relevance than the on field success of the club when it comes to attracting new investment. But the other side of the argument stands true also. It still should be of interest to the club to appease those who have supported the club throughout their lives. Otherwise we may as well just be a part of the Super League because our views aren’t valued.  Because that’s how those owners/execs think. That money outweighs the views of those who are the essence of the club and community. It doesn’t appear that Heck and his team have put any stock in fan views and have gone with what they want and will just spin it to suit their agenda. 

To me, the argument isn't that the badge is more or less relevant/important to what is happening on the football side of things, the simple fact is that there are two totally separate elements to running a successful football club.

The football side of Aston Villa Football Club is doing a bloody unbelievable job at the moment, but you absolutely cannot say the same about the commercial side of things. Heck has been brought in with high expectations and no doubt extortionate financial reward, but he has literally done NOTHING to improve us since he joined.

Frankly, everything has been terrible - From vandalising the Holte, cancelling the stadium expansion, poor communication across everything he touches, from dripping wet kit, to stadium plans, to 150 year logos and new crests.

I thought it couldn't sink any lower than the AV150 logo (*AU150), but he's held his own pint with this new crest abomination! This season's kits are awful, but I dread to think what he's going to sick up next season for our 150th anniversary year!  :o

« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 02:31:40 PM by Nii Lamptey »

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #3247 on: January 04, 2024, 02:30:51 PM »
The Noses aren't shite because they have a set of bollocks for a badge. The Noses would still be shite if they swapped the bollocks for something better, like a a crisp packet stuck on a hypodermic needle on a scrub land. Eitherway they'd still be that shite mob who play in the shade of our drop shadow.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #3248 on: January 04, 2024, 02:33:12 PM »
Heck looks like the kind who will just ignore the fans and go with what he wants even its hated.

Once he is removed (as i give him 2 years tops until the fans display their displeasure with him) we go through this whole cycle again.

If you said to me keep existing one unde lerner or this one id go this one for sure

Online Villan82

« Reply #3249 on: January 04, 2024, 02:35:20 PM »
Heck looks like the kind who will just ignore the fans and go with what he wants even its hated.

Once he is removed (as i give him 2 years tops until the fans display their displeasure with him) we go through this whole cycle again.

If you said to me keep existing one unde lerner or this one id go this one for sure

The bit in bold. Thanks to Heck I have no idea what you mean by 'existing one' or 'this one'! Do you mean keep the Lerner badge, the new Heck badge or the round badge on this year's kits?

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #3250 on: January 04, 2024, 02:37:26 PM »
Unai Emery is the key to a successful football business.

Exactly! If we were sitting in the bottom half of the table under some journeyman manager, imagine how much more intense the fans’ focus would be on Heck and the shit job he seems to be doing off the pitch. Emery is holding everything together at the moment.

Online KRS

« Reply #3251 on: January 04, 2024, 02:45:36 PM »
Name me a football club that became more successful because they designed a better badge.
A new badge/identity isn’t about becoming successful; its about perceived image “locally, globally and commercially”, and the financial impact of each of those (whether it be merchandise sales from local fans, being more attractive to football fans from around the world, or creating new partnerships). As a simple example, I would like to spend money on Villa merchandise but I haven’t done so for years because I dislike the badge and associated merchandise…and this is one of the reasons why Villa have struggled with this side of the business for so long compared to other clubs of similar stature.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 02:47:44 PM by KRS »

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3252 on: January 04, 2024, 02:46:26 PM »
The Noses aren't shite because they have a set of bollocks for a badge. The Noses would still be shite if they swapped the bollocks for something better, like a a crisp packet stuck on a hypodermic needle on a scrub land. Eitherway they'd still be that shite mob who play in the shade of our drop shadow.

When I agree with you, Ads, I feel both proud of my capacity to be an adult and a traitor to the person I thought I was. But you're right.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #3253 on: January 04, 2024, 02:46:39 PM »
Have a look at what you could've won:

AVL" border="0

See, how hard is that? I don't especially like the shield shape, but if it has to be that, at least design the thing properly. That one's in proportion, the colours are good, and the wording looks nice. I'd have no issues with that, whatsoever. And I bet whoever came up with that spent an hour tops on it, not hundreds of hours and thousands of pounds.

On the one I saw earlier, the 'Aston Villa' wasn't as tightly fitted in as that one and the star was above the badge.  I'm not a massive fan of the 'shield' design, but it looked really good to be honest. 

The one that Heck has overseen looks genuinely awful. 

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #3254 on: January 04, 2024, 02:55:15 PM »
That looks a lot better Tom.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal