collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 279998 times)

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Re: Crest Review
« Reply #2940 on: December 29, 2023, 04:04:06 PM »
I bet it's shit.

Then we'll have to do a Leeds/Everton and get it changed back.

There really is no reason not to use the current one, as in the one on the shirts this season.

This is Lerner's fault imo. There was no need to change the crest when he came in.
Can't blame Lerner for wanting a bit of a rebrand...as p_p said earlier it's the colour that detracts from the clear and simple design....a claret lion instead of the yellow one and that crest is absolutely fine.

The reworked Lerner badge with that wanky prepared font removed and more detail on the lion looks alreet.
Light yellow on a light blue background is, ofc, cack. But gold with darker shading and detailing on a light blue background works fine, IMO.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #2941 on: December 29, 2023, 06:48:42 PM »
I bet it's shit.

Then we'll have to do a Leeds/Everton and get it changed back.

There really is no reason not to use the current one, as in the one on the shirts this season.

This is Lerner's fault imo. There was no need to change the crest when he came in.

The Ellis-era stripey shield monstrosity needed to go (in my humble opinion) - whenever I see it it reminds me of the frustrations of those years and the mediocrity that Ellis brought to everything he touched.

That's exactly how I feel about Lerner's one. But the previous one just says Aston Villa in the Premier League era, to me. It might have been bad under Ellis but Lerner's time nearly killed us.

Would you go back to the Ellis era but instead of stripes, a light blue background with claret lion?

To be honest, I'd like something completely different to both of those eras. I'd like something that indicates a fresh new chapter, and hopefully the up and coming badge will do just that.

Offline luke95

« Reply #2942 on: December 29, 2023, 08:06:32 PM »
This seems to be doing the rounds on FB

Online AV84

« Reply #2943 on: December 29, 2023, 08:10:36 PM »

To be honest, I'd like something completely different to both of those eras. I'd like something that indicates a fresh new chapter, and hopefully the up and coming badge will do just that.

I quite liked the one that was, I think, the other option when this round one was voted on. I might be rembering it wrong, but I think it had the shield design, but with the claret lion, which combines aspects of several previous badges but is in itself something new. But really at this point I'm just wanting them to pick one and stuck to it.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2944 on: December 29, 2023, 08:18:17 PM »

Dave W stated that wasn’t it.

The question for Dave is, does he like what he sees or does he expect a less than enthusiastic response?

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #2945 on: December 29, 2023, 08:18:47 PM »

Think Dave W's already confirmed that that's not it.

Plus, even Heck wouldn't put a star on top like that. Or would he? :(

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2946 on: December 29, 2023, 08:43:46 PM »
I don't think it's allowed anyway, is it? I think stars have to be within the badge.

Offline villa_cads

« Reply #2947 on: December 29, 2023, 08:48:38 PM »

Minimal change to pre-round badge, but something like this perhaps? Colour changed to suit background colour.

Online Brazilian Villain

« Reply #2948 on: December 29, 2023, 08:50:38 PM »
I don't think it's allowed anyway, is it? I think stars have to be within the badge.

There may be PL specific rules, but the star is outside the badge on the Forest and Celtic kits. 

Online Brazilian Villain

« Reply #2949 on: December 29, 2023, 08:51:58 PM »
Minimal change to pre-round badge, but something like this perhaps? Colour changed to suit background colour.

I really hope not. Not a patch on this season's round effort.

Offline villa_cads

« Reply #2950 on: December 29, 2023, 08:54:27 PM »

I thought a return to the shield had been confirmed?

Online Brazilian Villain

« Reply #2951 on: December 29, 2023, 08:58:16 PM »

I thought a return to the shield had been confirmed?

I assume nothing's confirmed till it's approved by the PL. Either way, really not keen on the colour scheme in the one above.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #2952 on: December 29, 2023, 09:00:25 PM »

There may be PL specific rules, but the star is outside the badge on the Forest and Celtic kits. 

The Forest badge (tree) doesn’t have a border which is what I think he meant.

Online Brazilian Villain

« Reply #2953 on: December 29, 2023, 09:06:49 PM »

Yes I know, which is why I didn't go down the "you're clearly WRONG Risso" route. :)

To me their stars are outside the badge, but as the outline isn't as defined as on many crests, you can argue the other way too.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #2954 on: December 29, 2023, 09:13:28 PM »

Yes I know, which is why I didn't go down the "you're clearly WRONG Risso" route. :)

To me their stars are outside the badge, but as the outline isn't as defined as on many crests, you can argue the other way too.

It’s ok to tell him he’s wrong. It wouldn’t be wrong and he’s likely used to it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal