collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dave P
[Today at 02:32:40 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VILLA MOLE
[Today at 02:31:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 02:31:30 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:31:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Aldridge Villa
[Today at 02:31:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 02:30:48 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:30:46 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brend'Watkins
[Today at 02:30:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 280931 times)

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
Re: Crest Review
« Reply #2115 on: July 26, 2023, 12:01:14 AM »
Apparently the young people went for the star in a big way. I don't trust young people.

Pretty much confirms it's small time. The youngsters haven't seen any success so want the star to shout to the world that we did actually win something once.

The bottom line is that big clubs just don't do it.

Behave yourself - it was very popular with a demographic that is now pretending it wasn’t at the time. The star was a big deal in the 2000s and was a must have.

This kind of revisionist “blame the kids” forgets who the “kids” (and they largely weren’t) were opining on this 17 years ago when Randy took over in 2006.

We haven’t seen any success since I was 4 or 5 in terms of silverware. I don’t need a round badge or a star to go on about something that happened before I was born to make me feel better.

😏😎 - I included both as I couldn’t remember which was the sign off.

I think it was popular at the time for different reasons to now. Including a star was becoming more popular around then (England started to do it, Man United and Liverpool did it on their European shirts) and I think it was following a trend. The older ones generally want it gone now. The youngsters generally want to keep it and won't hear otherwise.

I'd fall into the younger bracket BTW. Well I might do. Dunno. I can't remember the last trophy win if that helps.

8)

Online Ducksworthy

• GM : 20.02.2025
« Reply #2116 on: July 26, 2023, 12:04:58 AM »
Apparently the young people went for the star in a big way. I don't trust young people.

Pretty much confirms it's small time. The youngsters haven't seen any success so want the star to shout to the world that we did actually win something once.

The bottom line is that big clubs just don't do it.

Behave yourself - it was very popular with a demographic that is now pretending it wasn’t at the time. The star was a big deal in the 2000s and was a must have.

This kind of revisionist “blame the kids” forgets who the “kids” (and they largely weren’t) were opining on this 17 years ago when Randy took over in 2006.

We haven’t seen any success since I was 4 or 5 in terms of silverware. I don’t need a round badge or a star to go on about something that happened before I was born to make me feel better.

😏😎 - I included both as I couldn’t remember which was the sign off.

I think it was popular at the time for different reasons to now. Including a star was becoming more popular around then (England started to do it, Man United and Liverpool did it on their European shirts) and I think it was following a trend. The older ones generally want it gone now. The youngsters generally want to keep it and won't hear otherwise.

I'd fall into the younger bracket BTW. Well I might do. Dunno. I can't remember the last trophy win if that helps.

8)

All fair and I mostly just wanted an opportunity to use 8)

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #2117 on: July 26, 2023, 08:12:56 AM »
Surely in this day and age technology should enable us to have it facing both ways?

Offline exigo

« Reply #2118 on: July 29, 2023, 07:16:40 PM »
Don't think much of the new badge on the ticketing pages of Pravda.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #2119 on: July 29, 2023, 07:37:30 PM »
I'd have been happy with a star above the (correct) round badge back in the Lerner era and now.  Even if it was just for Euro games.

But shoehorning it in to the actual badge always looked a bit cack.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #2120 on: July 29, 2023, 08:20:40 PM »
Don't think much of the new badge on the ticketing pages of Pravda.

Stickman is facing the wrong way. Shite.

Online Smirker

« Reply #2121 on: July 29, 2023, 09:26:08 PM »
I'd have been happy with a star above the (correct) round badge back in the Lerner era and now.  Even if it was just for Euro games.

No issue with it for European games just shouldn't be used in domestic ones nor inside the badge.

Online Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2122 on: July 30, 2023, 02:00:53 AM »

No issue with it for European games just shouldn't be used in domestic ones nor inside the badge.

Pretty much where I sit, as well. Have it above the badge on the kit where appropriate, otherwise forget it.

Over the years, I've thought we could take the same route as Celtic, as a club who should rightly be proud of having won it once, but who are unlikely to add another (until we appointed Unai, of course).

Stick a little gold or silver badge directly above the crest on the kit, but don't include it in the branding.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2123 on: July 30, 2023, 11:47:31 AM »
We should have a different badge for each competition. One star in Europe. 7 in the league, 7 in the Cup, etc..... 😉

Offline Charlie8182

« Reply #2124 on: August 21, 2023, 09:53:34 AM »
I'm not actually sure what our present badge is, the new one is on the shirts although the old Lerner one is still throughout the match programme yesterday, on the scoreboards and on Sky/MOTD.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2125 on: August 21, 2023, 10:14:39 AM »
I'm not actually sure what our present badge is, the new one is on the shirts although the old Lerner one is still throughout the match programme yesterday, on the scoreboards and on Sky/MOTD.
Yes, the club have stated that is their intention.  The new badge is on trial for a season on the kit only.  They're clearly planning to backtrack on it.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #2126 on: August 21, 2023, 10:56:49 AM »
Hibs are using the new confused lion badge on their website ticket page etc which strangely makes our own ticket page look a bit behind the times. Probably why we’re refusing to have any more tickets off them!
Seeing it in use like that and on the Villa kits it looks much better than the old one we’re hanging onto, and I have to say my eyes and brain are now more comfortable with the lion running away.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #2127 on: August 21, 2023, 11:37:52 AM »
I think that the boards that Emery sits in front of in his pressers, as well as the large stand alone lion flags that the ballboys/girls waved yesterday give a strong indication that we'll be going down that route next season.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2128 on: August 21, 2023, 11:53:32 AM »
I think that the boards that Emery sits in front of in his pressers, as well as the large stand alone lion flags that the ballboys/girls waved yesterday give a strong indication that we'll be going down that route next season.
Which probably would have been the right answer, but some idiot chucked a lamp into the pot.  But I still think the round badge would have won any vote.

Online Smirker

« Reply #2129 on: August 21, 2023, 12:05:05 PM »
Yes, the club have stated that is their intention.  The new badge is on trial for a season on the kit only.  They're clearly planning to backtrack on it.

The new one looks so much better digitally as well. I'm still disappointed.

Sad!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal