collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 279935 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Crest Review
« Reply #2040 on: July 22, 2023, 05:37:48 PM »
Reported? That sounds like  nonsense to find an excuse to do what they’ve done.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t give a shit if they have changed their minds but it’s funny how people have now decided the vote was a sham and the badge that was chosen is rubbish.

Serious question - you reckon there will be more or less supporter interaction when we unveil our new new badge?

Ask the people who attended the supporter meeting. I’m sure Woodhall has said that. We got two badges through “consultation” both with a star. Which suggests the star was unanimous. Was it?

It's Mr Woodhall to you.

What? Easy there. You’re not my boss. This is an internet fans forum not the boardroom of a company.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #2041 on: July 22, 2023, 05:40:07 PM »

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t give a shit if they have changed their minds but it’s funny how people have now decided the vote was a sham and the badge that was chosen is rubbish.

Serious question - you reckon there will be more or less supporter interaction when we unveil our new new badge?

Ask the people who attended the supporter meeting. I’m sure Woodhall has said that. We got two badges through “consultation” both with a star. Which suggests the star was unanimous. Was it?

It's Mr Woodhall to you.

What? Easy there. You’re not my boss. This is an internet fans forum not the boardroom of a company.

It's not a democracy either.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2042 on: July 22, 2023, 05:40:24 PM »
They decided to change the badge.

They gave us the chance to vote in an poll, which may or may not have been psephologically sound.

They announced the winner.

The CEO left and a new commercial guy came in and stopped it.

It’s that simple. It’s even understandable.

What I don’t get or understand is a few people determined to find some more palatable, scientific reason for it whilst throwing in that the badge isn’t right all of a sudden as some sort of excuse.

There’s no need for TV to twist in the wind finding excuses. They decide the badge. They changed their mind. We now have a confusing mess but that is really it.

There won’tbe any mass polls next time around.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2043 on: July 22, 2023, 05:42:45 PM »
You are pointing out the lack of supporter alignment as a problem on this so you tell me, end of this season when we see the new badge, do you reckon the fans will have more of a chance to get ‘aligned’ on it compared to the vote we had?

I don’t remember you mentioning any of this at the time of the vote.

Now you’ve decided it’s all wrong - the badge is wrong, the supporters were not aligned, the vote was fixed yada yada.

It looks to me like you’re basically clawing around for some sort of retrospective reason to not use the one that was chosen.

The new commercial director doesn’t like it. That’s fair enough, all this “OMG the badge is shit and the vote was flawed” stuff is absolute nonsense.

I recall pretty much universal positivity for it at the time 

This guy certainly liked it.

I really like the new badge and for me the direction of the lion is facing the correct way. To me facing left is looking back. And aside from a couple of notable bright spots in the past 40 years (FORTY), we need to start looking to forward. Onwards. upwards and to the right with Unai.

Where have I ever said the new badge is wrong? I actually don’t mind it at all. I commented on the original Lerner badge being shit. And I have said my overall position on badges as a subject is that I don’t really care that much. That will always be my position. Did you really dig up a badge post of mine from March to prove a point. You bored?

No I just find your backtracking to be in line with the club easy to dismantle and fundamentally flawed.

It’s allowed to disagree with the club you know. It doesn’t make you less of a supporter.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #2044 on: July 22, 2023, 05:42:49 PM »

It's Mr Woodhall to you.

What’s that got to do with anything? I’ve voluntarily contributed to the upkeep of this site for years. I’m not calling you Mr Woodhall unless that’s the same for everyone. Kick me off if you’re insulted or feel though you have to.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #2045 on: July 22, 2023, 05:43:58 PM »
You are pointing out the lack of supporter alignment as a problem on this so you tell me, end of this season when we see the new badge, do you reckon the fans will have more of a chance to get ‘aligned’ on it compared to the vote we had?

I don’t remember you mentioning any of this at the time of the vote.

Now you’ve decided it’s all wrong - the badge is wrong, the supporters were not aligned, the vote was fixed yada yada.

It looks to me like you’re basically clawing around for some sort of retrospective reason to not use the one that was chosen.

The new commercial director doesn’t like it. That’s fair enough, all this “OMG the badge is shit and the vote was flawed” stuff is absolute nonsense.

I recall pretty much universal positivity for it at the time 

This guy certainly liked it.

I really like the new badge and for me the direction of the lion is facing the correct way. To me facing left is looking back. And aside from a couple of notable bright spots in the past 40 years (FORTY), we need to start looking to forward. Onwards. upwards and to the right with Unai.

Where have I ever said the new badge is wrong? I actually don’t mind it at all. I commented on the original Lerner badge being shit. And I have said my overall position on badges as a subject is that I don’t really care that much. That will always be my position. Did you really dig up a badge post of mine from March to prove a point. You bored?

No I just find your backtracking to be in line with the club easy to dismantle and fundamentally flawed.

It’s allowed to disagree with the club you know. It doesn’t make you less of a supporter.

What am I backtracking on? In fact regards to the badge I have been one of the least critical.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #2046 on: July 22, 2023, 05:44:49 PM »

It's Mr Woodhall to you.

What’s that got to do with anything? I’ve voluntarily contributed to the upkeep of this site for years. I’m not calling you Mr Woodhall unless that’s the same for everyone. Kick me off if you’re insulted or feel though you have to.

How about taking something in the hilariously light-hearted spirit in which it was intended?

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #2047 on: July 22, 2023, 05:46:08 PM »
Fucking hell this badge issue is fucking boring. As I said the other day this is such a nothing else is going on in the summer subject. I’ve said before it’s a badge that I’m glad they stopped when they did to fix it for the future. And nobody outside our supporters even care now or will care in the future.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #2048 on: July 22, 2023, 05:47:01 PM »

It's Mr Woodhall to you.

How about taking something in the hilariously light-hearted spirit in which it was intended?

Hard to always know with you. But seeing as you have indicated that, then I retract what I’ve said.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #2049 on: July 22, 2023, 05:48:42 PM »
Thank you. I rarely show my light side but this was one such occasion. Expect another around 2029. 

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #2050 on: July 22, 2023, 05:49:05 PM »
Come on guys relax. this should be a fun thread where is the hippo when we need it

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #2051 on: July 22, 2023, 05:50:53 PM »
Thank you. I rarely show my light side but this was one such occasion. Expect another around 2029. 

Hey no worries Dave. Actually through this it reminded me it was probably time to donate again!!

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #2052 on: July 22, 2023, 05:52:31 PM »
At the very least, both of our current crests are better than Kempston Rovers F.C.

So we can be thankful for that at the very least... 😂👍

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #2053 on: July 22, 2023, 05:52:51 PM »

I was there from the start and the vote was every much a sham as the one that gave us the Lerner badge 1.0.

It’s kind of beside the point.

The electorate for the next new badge is going to consist of one person.

Anyone who thinks there is going to be more “supporter alignment” is going to be sorely disappointed.

I'm not sure if you mean any more, or increased from last time, but there has to be some according to Premier League rules.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #2054 on: July 22, 2023, 05:57:15 PM »

Blimey Dave, that's a bit soon.  Can we not have a bit more of a lead-in time please?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal