collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 279930 times)

Offline edgysatsuma89

Re: Crest Review
« Reply #2025 on: July 22, 2023, 03:35:35 PM »
It getting it “right” is massively subjective. It has to align with the objectives of the club and the fans. “Right” will always be a matter of opinion. And I am glad we didn’t commit to something we would have had to stick with for a long time. The new round badge wasn’t universally approved, lacked supporter alignment and the club changed leadership. Stopping it now was absolutely the right thing to do.

No new badge is ever going to be universally approved. I think there's almpost universal agreement that the current Lerner-designed one is absolute shite though.

I honestly can't remember speaking to anyone who likes it, which is quite impressive, really.

Online Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #2026 on: July 22, 2023, 03:40:27 PM »
In a few years time those shirts will be collectors items, sought by fans all over the world. Treasure the difference.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2027 on: July 22, 2023, 04:22:17 PM »
It getting it “right” is massively subjective. It has to align with the objectives of the club and the fans. “Right” will always be a matter of opinion. And I am glad we didn’t commit to something we would have had to stick with for a long time. The new round badge wasn’t universally approved, lacked supporter alignment and the club changed leadership. Stopping it now was absolutely the right thing to do.
I don’t think it is subjective, I think when it comes down to preference about things like kit and badges it’s pretty obvious for the majority.

Majority means it’s subjective as it means there will be a minority that won’t like it for whatever reason. For example I don’t give a fuck star or no star. That’s not the same for everyone.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #2028 on: July 22, 2023, 04:25:20 PM »

No new badge is ever going to be universally approved. I think there's almpost universal agreement that the current Lerner-designed one is absolute shite though.

Yeh it’s bollocks. It would have been much better to have the same badge as the mosaic on the Holte but with Aston Villa underneath. But he got a 6 year old to draw it instead. And remember the first iteration was a shit, pathetic, clawless submissive lion, not the one we eventually moved to.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2029 on: July 22, 2023, 05:11:56 PM »

How did the new round badge lack supporter alignment out of interest?

They did a vote, it won. I don’t recall anyone really at the time raising that on here.

When we change it again at the end of the season there won’t be any supporter involvement.

I understand Heck doesn’t like it and it’s up to him but this just sounds like retrospectively changing the facts to fit what the club have done.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #2030 on: July 22, 2023, 05:14:41 PM »

How did the new round badge lack supporter alignment out of interest?

They did a vote, it won. I don’t recall anyone really at the time raising that on here.

When we change it again at the end of the season there won’t be any supporter involvement.

I understand Heck doesn’t like it and it’s up to him but this just sounds like retrospectively changing the facts to fit what the club have done.

Hasn’t it been reported that the final badge options were essentially given to us with limited supporter interaction. Yes there was an online option but what was already decided versus a vote to make it feel like we had a say?

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #2031 on: July 22, 2023, 05:18:41 PM »
Reported? That sounds like  nonsense to find an excuse to do what they’ve done.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t give a shit if they have changed their minds but it’s funny how people have now decided the vote was a sham and the badge that was chosen is rubbish.

Serious question - you reckon there will be more or less supporter interaction when we unveil our new new badge?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #2032 on: July 22, 2023, 05:22:54 PM »

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t give a shit if they have changed their minds but it’s funny how people have now decided the vote was a sham and the badge that was chosen is rubbish.

Serious question - you reckon there will be more or less supporter interaction when we unveil our new new badge?

I was there from the start and the vote was every much a sham as the one that gave us the Lerner badge 1.0.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #2033 on: July 22, 2023, 05:23:14 PM »

Ask the people who attended the supporter meeting. I’m sure Woodhall has said that. We got two badges through “consultation” both with a star. Which suggests the star was unanimous. Was it?

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2034 on: July 22, 2023, 05:29:05 PM »
I don’t think it is subjective, I think when it comes down to preference about things like kit and badges it’s pretty obvious for the majority.

Majority means it’s subjective as it means there will be a minority that won’t like it for whatever reason. For example I don’t give a fuck star or no star. That’s not the same for everyone.
Maybe look up up the words subjective, objective and majority in an English dictionary.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #2035 on: July 22, 2023, 05:29:27 PM »
You are pointing out the lack of supporter alignment as a problem on this so you tell me, end of this season when we see the new badge, do you reckon the fans will have more of a chance to get ‘aligned’ on it compared to the vote we had?

I don’t remember you mentioning any of this at the time of the vote.

Now you’ve decided it’s all wrong - the badge is wrong, the supporters were not aligned, the vote was fixed yada yada.

It looks to me like you’re basically clawing around for some sort of retrospective reason to not use the one that was chosen.

The new commercial director doesn’t like it. That’s fair enough, all this “OMG the badge is shit and the vote was flawed” stuff is absolute nonsense.

I recall pretty much universal positivity for it at the time 

This guy certainly liked it.

I really like the new badge and for me the direction of the lion is facing the correct way. To me facing left is looking back. And aside from a couple of notable bright spots in the past 40 years (FORTY), we need to start looking to forward. Onwards. upwards and to the right with Unai.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #2036 on: July 22, 2023, 05:34:32 PM »

Maybe look up up the words subjective, objective and majority in an English dictionary.

Excuse me? Subjective means it considers opinions which means if there is a majority it is a percentage of opinions that have been considered vs something rooted in fact. It’s not me that me that needs to look it up. The badge, kits are all subjective. It’s not a fact that it’s good or not. It’s always going to be an opinion.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #2037 on: July 22, 2023, 05:35:13 PM »

I was there from the start and the vote was every much a sham as the one that gave us the Lerner badge 1.0.

It’s kind of beside the point.

The electorate for the next new badge is going to consist of one person.

Anyone who thinks there is going to be more “supporter alignment” is going to be sorely disappointed.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #2038 on: July 22, 2023, 05:35:47 PM »

Ask the people who attended the supporter meeting. I’m sure Woodhall has said that. We got two badges through “consultation” both with a star. Which suggests the star was unanimous. Was it?

It's Mr Woodhall to you.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #2039 on: July 22, 2023, 05:36:36 PM »
You are pointing out the lack of supporter alignment as a problem on this so you tell me, end of this season when we see the new badge, do you reckon the fans will have more of a chance to get ‘aligned’ on it compared to the vote we had?

I don’t remember you mentioning any of this at the time of the vote.

Now you’ve decided it’s all wrong - the badge is wrong, the supporters were not aligned, the vote was fixed yada yada.

It looks to me like you’re basically clawing around for some sort of retrospective reason to not use the one that was chosen.

The new commercial director doesn’t like it. That’s fair enough, all this “OMG the badge is shit and the vote was flawed” stuff is absolute nonsense.

I recall pretty much universal positivity for it at the time 

This guy certainly liked it.

I really like the new badge and for me the direction of the lion is facing the correct way. To me facing left is looking back. And aside from a couple of notable bright spots in the past 40 years (FORTY), we need to start looking to forward. Onwards. upwards and to the right with Unai.

Where have I ever said the new badge is wrong? I actually don’t mind it at all. I commented on the original Lerner badge being shit. And I have said my overall position on badges as a subject is that I don’t really care that much. That will always be my position. Did you really dig up a badge post of mine from March to prove a point. You bored?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal