collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 280569 times)

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Crest Review
« Reply #1740 on: June 23, 2023, 02:43:07 PM »

I trust someone more who identifies and stops a bad decision than one who lets it go wrong.

A "bad decision" to who?

And its not like they were honest enough to tell us thats why this debacle is happening, but attempts to play us all for fools with PR waffle about 41 year homage to the Euro Cup?

Your assuming it was his call. He could of walked in the door on the first day and Wes said, "First order of business, this crest is an abomination. Find us a way out and a way forward."

For all we know, we could keep the crest and do a standalone lion on a kit from here forward.

Why on earth would Edens tell Purslow to go ahead with it for long enough for it to get on shirts, training gear & some promotional advertising, & then tell Heck on his first day, "sack it all off!"?

We have no idea what they are going to do.

Which is part of why I am very unhappy with this whole shit show...

To the guy who has been employed to manage our brand.

The last line is the important bit though, you're making the choice to, with no real information, assume everything going forward will be shit and worse than the crest we voted for. That's a massive assumption and is pretty unfair to level at Heck at this point.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 02:44:57 PM by paul_e »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1741 on: June 23, 2023, 02:44:10 PM »
They may have decided a while ago they didn't want it long term but waited until now to do it rather than x months ago and create a distraction to our push for Europe. It could be part of the reason why Purslow was moved on. However, people at the top must have given the okay during the process. And surely they tested it on mock ups of the ground, OS, how it looks on TV, social media and so on during the design process.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #1742 on: June 23, 2023, 02:47:53 PM »

The last line is the important bit though, you're making the choice to, with no real information, assume everything going forward will be shit and worse than the crest we voted for. That's a massive assumption and is pretty unfair to level at Heck at this point.

No Paul, Im not. I am assuming nothing regarding any other rebrands we do. Its not like we can even count on them even being the final one. What I am unhappy about is that we have been through this process already & a guy in the door for 5 mins has decided to tell us our views as fans or as customers do not matter.

Yes it should've been, but I think the events of the last day or 2 suggest that Heck doesn't think it was done well (if at all) and has decided to restart rather than wasting money on something he thinks isn't good enough. Or, to put it another way, the guy hired to be responsible for our brand has taken responsibility for our brand and, with no other information, you've decided he's going to do something that pisses off the fans for some reason.

He's already pissed off at least 77% of the thousands who voted for the circular crest...

Over the years the Villa have done plenty of going back on their word to supporters. It's hardly sacred bond territory to accept that a load of second-rate options were dealt up in the name of 'consultation' last time so we're going to do it better now.

Doesn't mean that we have to like it any time that the club goes back on its word...

Repeating myself over & over to a few different people on a few threads is tiring.

I have said my piece. I will wait & see what happens now.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 02:56:19 PM by pablo_picasso »

Offline Villan82

« Reply #1743 on: June 23, 2023, 02:49:17 PM »

We haven't had better and now they are tossing it away.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1744 on: June 23, 2023, 02:58:02 PM »

No Paul, Im not. I am assuming nothing regarding any other rebrands we do. Its not like we can even count on them even being the final one. What I am unhappy about is that we have been through this process already & a guy in the door for 5 mins has decided to tell us our views as fans or as customers do not matter.

Yes it should've been, but I think the events of the last day or 2 suggest that Heck doesn't think it was done well (if at all) and has decided to restart rather than wasting money on something he thinks isn't good enough. Or, to put it another way, the guy hired to be responsible for our brand has taken responsibility for our brand and, with no other information, you've decided he's going to do something that pisses off the fans for some reason.

He's already pissed off at least 77% of the thousands who voted for the circular crest...

Over the years the Villa have done plenty of going back on their word to supporters. It's hardly sacred bond territory to accept that a load of second-rate options were dealt up in the name of 'consultation' last time so we're going to do it better now.

Doesn't mean that we have to like it any time that the club goes back on its word...

No he isn't, at best he's decided that the process that led to the 'current' design was flawed and should be repeated. When he started he had 2 choices;

carry on with the design and, given the cost, stick with it for a few years minimum.
OR
minimise the rollout as much as possible and work to ensure we produce something better for next summer.

No he hasn't pissed off 77% of the people who've voted, he's pissed off some of those 77%, I'm one of them and I'm not pissed off, I suspect there are many more like me.

The club haven't gone back on their word, they've changed their minds, so being overly dramatic.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1745 on: June 23, 2023, 02:58:40 PM »

Please stop saying "we" when you mean "I". You keep talking about 77% as though it was some definitive article when it was the percentage who voted for what they were given. There were no other options than the ones offered up. Nobody has been asked what they think about subsequent developments so you can't say that "at least 77%" are pissed off. For all we know the majority of them might be delighted at the prospect of a better option

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1746 on: June 23, 2023, 03:09:31 PM »
Me being one of them.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #1747 on: June 23, 2023, 03:09:56 PM »

That looks lovely. Now get it everywhere instead of that obscene shield

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #1748 on: June 23, 2023, 03:12:00 PM »

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1749 on: June 23, 2023, 03:12:35 PM »
God I hope we sign someone soon.

Online Drummond

« Reply #1750 on: June 23, 2023, 03:12:47 PM »
Is there a photoshopper out there who could flip the lion?

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #1751 on: June 23, 2023, 03:13:02 PM »
Ah, that feels better....

edit @Drummond : you're too quick for me !

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #1752 on: June 23, 2023, 03:13:39 PM »
Ah, that feels better....

Even better

Online Drummond

« Reply #1753 on: June 23, 2023, 03:14:03 PM »
......and relax.

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #1754 on: June 23, 2023, 03:14:09 PM »
Is that not the one people voted for?

Fucking hell, they all look the same to me.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal