collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 280165 times)

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Crest Review
« Reply #780 on: October 12, 2022, 12:29:10 PM »
Disappointed that the cricket bat 🏏 and football combo ( imagine ⚽️ instead of the red ball) never made the last 3. Framed in the gas lamp with a star and lion’s mane above. Like in the Nativity plays.

It acknowledged the 4 cricket players who met under the gas lamp and had to pretend they were forming a football club as it was November and the police didn’t believe their story of why the heavy kitbags were there...
This is excellent, but I can't help thinking that the football should be a rugby ball 🏉 to remind everyone that the first half of the first game was played under rugby rules.

Creative input, that’s what it’s all about, algy! Love the rugby ball👍

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #781 on: October 12, 2022, 12:46:32 PM »
Make the star the eye of the lion, job done, everyone happy.

The eye of the lion.  We could run out to a dreadful remake of the Survivor classic as well. 

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #782 on: October 12, 2022, 12:50:58 PM »
It's the eye of the lion
On a badge on our top
At least we're not quite as shit as our rivals
Just a hope for survival
Cos our team aren't much cop
And our crest has a lovely new eyeeyeyyee
Of the tige... erm... lion

Might need a bit of work.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 12:53:27 PM by cdbearsfan »

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #783 on: October 12, 2022, 03:12:48 PM »
Disappointed that the cricket bat 🏏 and football combo ( imagine ⚽️ instead of the red ball) never made the last 3. Framed in the gas lamp with a star and lion’s mane above. Like in the Nativity plays.

It acknowledged the 4 cricket players who met under the gas lamp and had to pretend they were forming a football club as it was November and the police didn’t believe their story of why the heavy kitbags were there...
Riffing off this, I reckon this should be our badge

It's pretty much got the whole lot in there:

- A gas lamp to do that bit of the creation myth
- Star inside the lamp to indicate that we won the European Cup at some point, but also that it's a gas lamp
- A cricket bat (originally cricketers) and a football (became a football club)
- A claret & blue Scottish lion.  This represents George Ramsay, which is why it's holding an OS map of Birmingham because it's looking for Calthorpe FC but ended up in B6
- All within a brown oval representing a rugby ball because we played the first half of our first game under rugby rules according to popular belief/myth.
- Also we were originally meant to play in chocolate & blue so it kind of works on that level too

I'm not a designer so someone with more skills in that area than me would need to do the finer work to make it look good, but you get the idea.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 03:16:28 PM by algy »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #784 on: October 12, 2022, 03:14:11 PM »
Can we turn the cross upside down so that it represents our Wesleyan origins and Black Sabbath, please?

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #785 on: October 12, 2022, 03:14:52 PM »
That is genuinely beautiful, algy.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #786 on: October 12, 2022, 03:38:54 PM »
I'd buy it

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #787 on: October 12, 2022, 03:40:07 PM »
Still better than Lerner came up with.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #788 on: October 12, 2022, 03:40:57 PM »
It's the eye of the lion
On a badge on our top
At least we're not quite as shit as our rivals
Just a hope for survival
Cos our team aren't much cop
And our crest has a lovely new staaaaaaaaaaar
Of the tige... erm... lion

Might need a bit of work.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #789 on: October 12, 2022, 03:55:26 PM »
That is genuinely beautiful, algy.
I yeh it’s made me quite emotional

Offline Risso

« Reply #790 on: October 12, 2022, 04:04:00 PM »
That's actually brilliant Algy. Also love that it's in everybody's favourite typeface, comic sans.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #791 on: October 12, 2022, 04:10:57 PM »
That's actually brilliant Algy. Also love that it's in everybody's favourite typeface, comic sans.

It was the comic sans that clinched it for me.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #792 on: October 12, 2022, 04:16:29 PM »

- Star inside the lamp to indicate that we won the European Cup at some point, but also that it's a gas lamp
- A claret & blue Scottish lion.  This represents George Ramsay, which is why it's holding an OS map of Birmingham because it's looking for Calthorpe FC but ended up in B6
- All within a brown oval representing a rugby ball because we played the first half of our first game under rugby rules according to popular belief/myth.
- Also we were originally meant to play in chocolate & blue so it kind of works on that level too

I'm not a designer so someone with more skills in that area than me would need to do the finer work to make it look good, but you get the idea.

I think you need some sort of representation of the last 10 years so i think rather than making the brown part rugby ball shaped i'd make it turd shaped with steam coming off it.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #793 on: October 12, 2022, 04:23:50 PM »

No, I think you've pretty much nailed it algy. 

If you can work John Fashanu's sweatbands in there somehow (or that weird tai chi ritual he did pre match) that would be magic.

Offline Risso

« Reply #794 on: October 12, 2022, 04:47:58 PM »
Could we have a '£' sign to signify our other great achievement, coming 20th in the Deloitte top 20 richest clubs?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal