collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 280008 times)

Online Rory

• GM : PCM
Re: Crest Review
« Reply #765 on: October 11, 2022, 11:30:09 PM »
Pretty sure Inter used to have a star above the badge and it looked excellent. That's what I had in mind when they said we would have a star.

I'm not so keen on the one that looks like something the cuddly cartoon lion has just burped. If we can't have it above the badge, don't bother.

Celtic have theirs on their domestic kits, don't they? Different rules no doubt, but that's the only tasteful way to do it for me, as well - a white star, directly above the badge.

Online KRS

« Reply #766 on: October 11, 2022, 11:33:47 PM »
I don’t see the need to have “FC” on the badge either…we’re getting rid of our name being abbreviated so why bother keeping the abbreviation when everyone knows we’re a football club…so if we end up with a circular badge then either write it as “football club” (like Chelsea) or remove FC altogether (like Man City).

If a star has to be part of the design then this could be placed around the outer circle rather than looking like a play toy for the lion…or better still, not included at all.

Online Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #767 on: October 12, 2022, 12:37:00 AM »
Disappointed that the cricket bat 🏏 and football combo ( imagine ⚽️ instead of the red ball) never made the last 3. Framed in the gas lamp with a star and lion’s mane above. Like in the Nativity plays.

It acknowledged the 4 cricket players who met under the gas lamp and had to pretend they were forming a football club as it was November and the police didn’t believe their story of why the heavy kitbags were there...

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #768 on: October 12, 2022, 07:22:27 AM »
Disappointed that the cricket bat 🏏 and football combo ( imagine ⚽️ instead of the red ball) never made the last 3. Framed in the gas lamp with a star and lion’s mane above. Like in the Nativity plays.

It acknowledged the 4 cricket players who met under the gas lamp and had to pretend they were forming a football club as it was November and the police didn’t believe their story of why the heavy kitbags were there...
This is excellent, but I can't help thinking that the football should be a rugby ball 🏉 to remind everyone that the first half of the first game was played under rugby rules.

Offline stubbsyandy

« Reply #769 on: October 12, 2022, 07:29:39 AM »
Why not have the star on the back where the lion is now?

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #770 on: October 12, 2022, 08:12:54 AM »
Good shout if we must have a star

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #771 on: October 12, 2022, 11:05:47 AM »
Good shout if we must have a star

Why not go the sunderland route and hide the star behind the crest where no one can see it but it's still technically there.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #772 on: October 12, 2022, 11:14:59 AM »
Make the star the eye of the lion, job done, everyone happy.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #773 on: October 12, 2022, 11:16:05 AM »
That would look cool with a laser coming out of it.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #774 on: October 12, 2022, 11:17:15 AM »
Also, am I the only one that keeps reading this thread title as "Cress Review" and imagining Richard Herring going on about "lovely cress"?

I'd imagine, almost certainly.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #775 on: October 12, 2022, 11:18:54 AM »
That would look cool with a laser coming out of it.

Fuck Yeah!

Online edgysatsuma89

« Reply #776 on: October 12, 2022, 12:10:49 PM »
Also, am I the only one that keeps reading this thread title as "Cress Review" and imagining Richard Herring going on about "lovely cress"?

Nope cd. I heard him reference it on a podcast not long ago and the next time I saw the topic header it came to mind but I did need a memory jolt. My older brother was a fan growing up so it was in my orbit at a young age.

Online edgysatsuma89

« Reply #777 on: October 12, 2022, 12:11:40 PM »
In my opinion it is impossible to make a star look good within the badge. Wherever I imagine the star it pisses me off.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #778 on: October 12, 2022, 12:16:48 PM »

Nope cd. I heard him reference it on a podcast not long ago and the next time I saw the topic header it came to mind but I did need a memory jolt. My older brother was a fan growing up so it was in my orbit at a young age.

Hmmm... edgysatsuma. Are you related to the Curious Orange?

Online edgysatsuma89

« Reply #779 on: October 12, 2022, 12:22:15 PM »

Hmmm... edgysatsuma. Are you related to the Curious Orange?

Ha, nah, I'm NOT in love with the world. My name is possibly even more niche, from The Mighty Boosh.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal