collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 279901 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Crest Review
« Reply #450 on: August 25, 2022, 02:37:10 PM »
Just curious, I love the round badge. I'm in my 50's, so as a kid it had fond memories. I voted the round, but also liked Arsenal's. How would people on here feel if the club went down a similar route to say, Gloucester Rugby and revamped the lion.

Quite like that badge, but the 1873 looks odd, they'd have been better leaving it off.

Offline Si

« Reply #451 on: August 25, 2022, 02:57:19 PM »
So would the fanbase take to a lions head and not the rampant lion. Personally I love the heritage and tradition, but would love to see a modern totally different crest. It just has to look right.

Online edgysatsuma89

« Reply #452 on: August 25, 2022, 03:15:27 PM »
Just curious, I love the round badge. I'm in my 50's, so as a kid it had fond memories. I voted the round, but also liked Arsenal's. How would people on here feel if the club went down a similar route to say, Gloucester Rugby and revamped the lion.

Quite like that badge, but the 1873 looks odd, they'd have been better leaving it off.

I agree, definitely would have been better without the year.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #453 on: August 25, 2022, 03:33:07 PM »
I still remember the last previous badge consultation.

"Which shape badge would you like?

A. A shield
B. A big circle
C. A medium circle
D. A small circle"

Or some such vote-splitting stuff.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #454 on: August 25, 2022, 03:48:54 PM »

Personally, I think they both look shite. The old version looks cluttered and confusing, and the new one looks like it would be better suited to an American Sports team in the NHL/NBA.

Offline Weedy

« Reply #455 on: August 25, 2022, 04:13:35 PM »

Personally, I think they both look shite. The old version looks cluttered and confusing, and the new one looks like it would be better suited to an American Sports team in the NHL/NBA.

Looks like the Leicester Tigers badge in this line-up:

Online Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #456 on: August 25, 2022, 05:05:08 PM »
I'm coming round more to the idea of the standalone lion, but it must have 'Aston Villa'.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but if we were to go with the standalone lion, would that get around the not being allowed to have a star above the badge, so we could stick it directly above the lion as part of the design, but on the kit it would look like it was above, like Forest?

Offline Weedy

« Reply #457 on: August 27, 2022, 07:06:43 PM »
I don't like the idea of a a standalone lion with/without 'Aston Villa' for the main badge, it would mean the badge would have to change with the background colour for contrast.
Maybe for training and leisurewear, social media etc., otherwise the badge should remain the same regardless of background.

Here's some 'what ifs' for example:

Whereas an enclosed badge stays the same. Two slightly different styles here:

Online KRS

« Reply #458 on: August 27, 2022, 08:57:40 PM »
Clubs like Forest and Spurs seem to cope without worrying too much about background colour.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #459 on: August 27, 2022, 09:05:22 PM »
As I keep saying the main problem is the yellow lion. Particularly on a light blue background.
I like those Weedy

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #460 on: August 27, 2022, 09:06:27 PM »
Clubs like Forest and Spurs seem to cope without worrying too much about background colour.

Couldn't really give a toss about Forest and Spurs, TBH. Ours should be a claret lion on a blue background in a round badge.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #461 on: August 28, 2022, 12:56:40 AM »
Forest - great badge and no sponsor (for now). Back in the PL and spending like there's no tomorra. Halcyon days.

Online edgysatsuma89

« Reply #462 on: August 28, 2022, 12:58:42 AM »

I voted Spurs in the survey so I agree.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #463 on: August 28, 2022, 08:21:06 AM »
Forest - great badge and no sponsor (for now). Back in the PL and spending like there's no tomorra. Halcyon days.

Doesn't halcyon mean in the past?!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #464 on: August 28, 2022, 12:48:58 PM »
Not getting the love in for the Tottenham and Forest badges at all. They look tacky to me. Sheffield United is a proper badge.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal