collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Our young lions  (Read 6534 times)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Our young lions
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2022, 10:35:45 AM »
I would add Josh Feeney as welll. Not long turned 17, but a regular for our U23s at CB (one of the more difficult positions to play when you're much younger than the opposition). Him, Bogarde and, to a lesser extent, Swinkles (who also plays left back) all look like great centre backs that are comfortable on the ball. I would expect Bogarde to be in and around the frst team in pre-season and then go out on loan to get some experience. I think he could be a wonderful player.

I expect to see him get a Bacall up to the first team soon

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2022, 10:53:29 AM »
I would add Josh Feeney as welll. Not long turned 17, but a regular for our U23s at CB (one of the more difficult positions to play when you're much younger than the opposition). Him, Bogarde and, to a lesser extent, Swinkles (who also plays left back) all look like great centre backs that are comfortable on the ball. I would expect Bogarde to be in and around the frst team in pre-season and then go out on loan to get some experience. I think he could be a wonderful player.

Say it again.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2022, 10:57:00 AM »

maybe not today maybe not tomorrow

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2022, 11:09:58 AM »
I agree about Feeney and Bogarde. Both have trained with the first team and Feeney has been on the bench a couple of times. Think he's captained England at youth level too.

Swinkels I've not been very impressed with.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2022, 11:13:56 AM »

I didn't know the African Car Reverser was also an African Queen?

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2022, 09:43:12 PM »
The Guardian has listed the fella from Bournemouth as our youngster to watch.  made his full debut (for them) at 16.

Anjani Burchall:  good player or lazy journalism?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2022, 12:47:27 AM »
Interesting who we loan out for next season.

I'd really be looking to keep Archer around. An early goal in prem and he could really go on a run I think if then given starts given how well he's done scoring in three different competitions this season.

If we can't secure Kesler a championship loan then I'd keep him around first team squad aswell.

Imagine Tim will go out on loan and we'll try Louie Barry in league 1 again plus a couple of the defenders like Ben Chishene.

Online Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2022, 06:49:08 AM »
There Caleb Chukwumeka as well but I don’t think his loan at Livingston went particularly well.

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2022, 07:48:45 AM »
There Caleb Chukwumeka as well but I don’t think his loan at Livingston went particularly well.

I think there were issues there with the manager. Some of the things he did and said make me think he’s a bit of a prat and not what a young loanee needs.

He brought him on as a sub to see out a win, then took him off minutes later. At best that’s a huge mistake in terms of judging what the lad is ready for and at worst it’s stupid mind games.

From what he’s said, he wanted an out and out striker but Caleb likes playing wider. Instead of developing him and working on it, he froze him out the squad.

Not saying Caleb is blameless, he may well react negatively if he’s been treated poorly, but you do need a manager willing to help and develop you and that’s not what he had.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2022, 10:10:05 AM »
Indiana Vassilev scored for Inter Miami yesterday. Back on loan there for another season.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2022, 12:57:03 PM »

Online Dogtanian

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2022, 01:35:17 PM »
Good goals too.

Offline The Charmer

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2022, 01:46:41 PM »
Excellent!
I really enjoyed watching those.

Good to know Phil Neville's words of wisdom put him on the right track :)

Online astonvilla82

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2022, 03:10:52 PM »

I think there were issues there with the manager. Some of the things he did and said make me think he’s a bit of a prat and not what a young loanee needs.

He brought him on as a sub to see out a win, then took him off minutes later. At best that’s a huge mistake in terms of judging what the lad is ready for and at worst it’s stupid mind games.

From what he’s said, he wanted an out and out striker but Caleb likes playing wider. Instead of developing him and working on it, he froze him out the squad.

Not saying Caleb is blameless, he may well react negatively if he’s been treated poorly, but you do need a manager willing to help and develop you and that’s not what he had.
watched that game, the manager brought him on for the purpose of causing the opposition a few problems, but even I could see he wasn't interested and was subbed, watched him in a few games and didn't look interested, surprised there loaned him out so far away truthfully

Online Dogtanian

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2022, 04:08:19 PM »
It will be interesting what happens next then. They’re sure to be looking to loan him out again next season so we will see if it’s something with him or not.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal