collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Our young lions  (Read 6515 times)

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
Our young lions
« on: June 14, 2022, 07:02:34 PM »
Archer tearing it up for the England u21s and surely a part of the squad for next season. Ramsey a key player now. Barry doing very well on loan at Swindon. Tim making his debut last season and Carney looking likely to stay?

Any others I've missed?

I feel like the club is on the verge of a special core of local players coming through and exploding.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
Re: Our young lions
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 07:09:02 PM »
Kaine Kesler-Hayden. The supporters of both clubs he played at last season, Swindon and MK, seemed to have rated him highly. Perhaps he's why we never seem to be in for any right backs.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2022, 07:10:20 PM »
Kaine Kesler-Hayden. He did well at Swindon, where he won their young pjayer of the year wayward despite being recalled in January, and MK Dons.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2022, 07:31:42 PM »
I always rated Mungo Bridge when I used to watch Cam at BMH but he has been released from his contract after an unsuccessful loan spell at Annecy where he spent most of his time there injured.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2022, 09:43:38 AM »
Aaron Ramsey needs to be included here as well, he looks a fantastic prospect.

I really like the look of Bogarde as well but he seems to have disappeared, Josh Feeney and Kerr Smith both look excellent as well.

My mate who I get tips about youth players from sometimes (he's part of the community coaching team) says there's a lot of talk about Tommi O'Reilly as well, the only worry is that he's a bit on the small side.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2022, 12:36:06 PM »
Kaine Kesler-Hayden. The supporters of both clubs he played at last season, Swindon and MK, seemed to have rated him highly. Perhaps he's why we never seem to be in for any right backs.
He's one of the ones I'm most excited about.

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2022, 01:14:05 PM »
Jaden Philogene-Bidace had a lot of good moments at Stoke until his injury. He's definitely got potential.

Ben Chrisene might get a loan this year as he is highly rated, so will be interesting to see how he does.

Offline Smirker

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2022, 01:14:14 PM »
Haven't seen much of Aaron Ramsey but I heard he is meant to be more highly rated than Jacob. If that is true then we are going to be very lucky and he must be an incredible player.

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2022, 01:26:17 PM »
Finn Azaz won League Two player of the year too, but he's already 22 so not sure what the plan is for him. Be good to see if he can move up a level next season.

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2022, 03:37:35 PM »
Cam
Carney
K K-H
Little Tim
Aaron Ramsey
Tommi O
Ben Chrisene
"Humphrey"Bogarde
Ben Chrisene

The conveyor of talent looks well stocked.

If 3 join JJ it in the first team in the next 3 years then that can be counted as success.

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2022, 03:39:47 PM »
And I forgot Loiue Barry, Finn Azaz as well as the young Scottish kids who we've poached recently.

Offline frank black

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2022, 03:44:02 PM »
Archer tearing it up for the England u21s and surely a part of the squad for next season. Ramsey a key player now. Barry doing very well on loan at Swindon. Tim making his debut last season and Carney looking likely to stay?

Is Carney signing? Not heard any whispers just the usually links to other teams

Any others I've missed?

I feel like the club is on the verge of a special core of local players coming through and exploding.

Offline Smirker

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2022, 06:39:53 PM »
Re: Carney

I am assuming he will as Gerrard included him in the starting line up. Can't imagine he would if he was gonna be off.

Offline Rotterdam

• GM : 06.03.2025
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2022, 09:38:11 AM »
Haven't seen much of Aaron Ramsey but I heard he is meant to be more highly rated than Jacob. If that is true then we are going to be very lucky and he must be an incredible player.

Aaron is very, very good.

Offline boozey182

• GM : PCM
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2022, 09:47:46 AM »
I would add Josh Feeney as welll. Not long turned 17, but a regular for our U23s at CB (one of the more difficult positions to play when you're much younger than the opposition). Him, Bogarde and, to a lesser extent, Swinkles (who also plays left back) all look like great centre backs that are comfortable on the ball. I would expect Bogarde to be in and around the frst team in pre-season and then go out on loan to get some experience. I think he could be a wonderful player.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal