collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[April 28, 2024, 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[April 28, 2024, 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[April 28, 2024, 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[April 28, 2024, 10:54:37 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[April 28, 2024, 11:28:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[April 28, 2024, 11:16:07 PM]

Re: Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by VillaTim
[April 28, 2024, 11:14:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[April 28, 2024, 11:14:18 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season  (Read 169233 times)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
Re: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season
« Reply #1605 on: February 13, 2024, 09:08:16 AM »
There might not be a thing, you don't know, there is no evidence to support the thing that you don't know whether it exists or not...this is absolutely the core ingredients needed to argue passionately and with no little emotion about until at least Thursday when we can start arguing about something else.
And dismissing that a 'thing' could exist just because you don't know what it is seesms equally naive to me

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1606 on: February 13, 2024, 09:12:36 AM »
I cant say one way or the other whether Tim will start on Saturday, but the reasons why he should for me are far longer than the why not;

1)You don't disrupt McGinn by denying us his pressing and ball carrying in wide channels.
2) It's Tim's position
3) Same height as Kamara and he's mobile like Kamara too
4) 30+ games of 2nd division mens football, with both a successful and then struggling side under pressure
4) We ought to monopolise possession in the next 3 games so he'd get a 3 game run up to Spurs
5) We need to continue to showcase more of our youngsters for financial reasons. If Tim grabs his chance, then we have a player to keep or a player to sell that would generate a lot of money on the FFP score.

You could have stopped after point 1 but this is absolutely spot on.  I can just see Tielemans dropping back then everyone getting on his back as his performances dip.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1607 on: February 13, 2024, 09:13:19 AM »
There might not be a thing, you don't know, there is no evidence to support the thing that you don't know whether it exists or not...this is absolutely the core ingredients needed to argue passionately and with no little emotion about until at least Thursday when we can start arguing about something else.
And dismissing that a 'thing' could exist just because you don't know what it is seesms equally naive to me

Oh I'm right you there Rumsfeld.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #1608 on: February 13, 2024, 09:16:26 AM »
It's a massive blow losing him when will this injury curse stop.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1609 on: February 13, 2024, 09:18:03 AM »
If Tim doesn’t get game time against Fulham, Forest or Luton I don’t know when he will.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #1610 on: February 13, 2024, 09:33:22 AM »
I was impressed with Tim after his few appearances and was fuming when carpet head sent him out on loan. I think he's worth a shot. Let's face it, with the news about Kamara our aspirations for this season have to be downgraded so pitching rookie players into the fray isn't the risk it would have been.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #1611 on: February 13, 2024, 09:45:46 AM »

Exactly what i was alluding to yesterday that none of us know for sure but i was told to prove that the training is causing the ACL injuries and when i said prove its not the same posters couldnt. It could anything behind the scenes that you have described. The fact is none of us know.

But on the broder scope of things it seems there is more ACL injuries in the game more than ever. I mean before this year the last player i remember doing their ACL for us was okore.

Wonder if all the games condensed last season with WC is having a impact? Never read so many ACL injuriesbacross the sport in a timeframe!

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1612 on: February 13, 2024, 09:47:38 AM »
I hope the optimism for Tim bears out, it is a colossal ask. I’ll defer to others who have seen more of him than me, but just thinking of the academy how many players have we had come through in recent times who have become meaningful first team players for Villa? Grealish is the stand out clearly, but I struggle with others. Are there any recently? Weimann and Albrighton did but we were in a bad place, Gabby clearly a bit further back.

We’re at a different level now and expecting Tim to come in at a level to sustain a Champions League push is a huge ask. Good luck to him, I really hope he nails it, but he’ll be having to buck the trend.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #1613 on: February 13, 2024, 09:51:01 AM »
Devastating for him and us. I would go as far as to say he is the most important player in Emery’s system given his ability to drop into a back three and form the base to allow Dougie to push on.
It would be impossible for Tim to fill that role. He would take the rest of the season just to find his feet and I can’t see Emery experimenting given the objective.

We’re unlikely to see Bouba back and up to speed for 12 months I guess.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1614 on: February 13, 2024, 09:54:40 AM »
Exactly what i was alluding to yesterday that none of us know for sure but i was told to prove that the training is causing the ACL injuries and when i said prove its not the same posters couldnt.

"I think the real reason Jurgen Klopp is leaving Liverpool is because the local police have had a word about his growing obsession with stamping puppies to death, and they've suggested it'd be for the best if he left the country."

Prove it isn't that.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1615 on: February 13, 2024, 09:55:38 AM »
I hope the optimism for Tim bears out, it is a colossal ask. I’ll defer to others who have seen more of him than me, but just thinking of the academy how many players have we had come through in recent times who have become meaningful first team players for Villa? Grealish is the stand out clearly, but I struggle with others. Are there any recently? Weimann and Albrighton did but we were in a bad place, Gabby clearly a bit further back.

We’re at a different level now and expecting Tim to come in at a level to sustain a Champions League push is a huge ask. Good luck to him, I really hope he nails it, but he’ll be having to buck the trend.

I’m not so sure, he’s obv holding his own in training enough to be involved and has been getting minutes so the next step is to get a few starts under his belt…the step up to Kamara level is a steep one but not sure it’s any steeper for Tim as it would be for McGinn / Teilemans or Chambers playing out of position in Kamara’s role.  Give him his head and see if he can swim

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1616 on: February 13, 2024, 09:59:43 AM »
I can't see Emery dropping Tim straight into the action, but he'll have to start introducing him as a sub a bit more often, and for longer.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #1617 on: February 13, 2024, 10:01:53 AM »

Ramsey.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #1618 on: February 13, 2024, 10:12:22 AM »
Exactly what i was alluding to yesterday that none of us know for sure but i was told to prove that the training is causing the ACL injuries and when i said prove its not the same posters couldnt.

"I think the real reason Jurgen Klopp is leaving Liverpool is because the local police have had a word about his growing obsession with stamping puppies to death, and they've suggested it'd be for the best if he left the country."

Prove it isn't that.

Eh ? 🤔

Prove god doesnt exist

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1619 on: February 13, 2024, 10:13:53 AM »

Prove it isn't that.

Eh ? 🤔

Prove god doesnt exist

The difference is, I haven't just been telling everyone how he does.

You, on the other hand:

If thats another ACL then we gotta start asming are they being pushed too much during training. You dont have three ACLs in one season. Its unheard of

seem quite positive this is about our training.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 10:16:19 AM by pauliewalnuts »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal