collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season  (Read 169155 times)

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
Re: Boubacar Kamara - Signed
« Reply #1260 on: December 18, 2023, 04:38:30 AM »
Martinez showed poor judgement when we were well in control, we missed Kamara last time he was out, no need. 

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #1261 on: December 18, 2023, 05:37:05 AM »
For me Kamara is the player we have the least cover for, so timing is awful. Especially with McGinn a booking from a ban too. A midfield at Old Trafford of Dendonker, Luiz and Ramsey doesn't fill me with joy

Offline j66acd

« Reply #1262 on: December 18, 2023, 06:30:25 AM »
For me Kamara is the player we have the least cover for, so timing is awful. Especially with McGinn a booking from a ban too. A midfield at Old Trafford of Dendonker, Luiz and Ramsey doesn't fill me with joy

They’d still run rings around any ManU midfield.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #1263 on: December 18, 2023, 08:49:09 AM »

He’s a key player for us, Dougie mentioned it the other day and these two as a pair are arguably the best two in the league when playing together.

We’re going to miss him massively.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #1264 on: December 18, 2023, 09:07:25 AM »
We are fortunate with who we play next... frustrating thing is he was trying to calm the situation down, yet got a couple of pushes and then reacted.

Zaniolo, McGinn, Luiz, Ramsey (with added Teilemans and Dendonkar) isn't the end of the world.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #1265 on: December 18, 2023, 09:17:35 AM »
We are fortunate with who we play next... frustrating thing is he was trying to calm the situation down, yet got a couple of pushes and then reacted.

Zaniolo, McGinn, Luiz, Ramsey (with added Teilemans and Dendonkar) isn't the end of the world.

Having Dougie back helps.  It's a shame because as a pair they've been as good as anyone in the league this season, but if you're going to miss three games through an unnecessary suspension, then having two of them against the newly-promoted sides currently sitting in the relegation places is about as good as you can ask for. 

It's a good lesson for the team to learn, but honestly, I think Emi needs to take the lion's share of the blame for that whole incident.  We were winning, there were two minutes to go, and their forward wants to sit on the ground and waste time pleading with the ref - LET HIM.  Take a seat next to him if you want. There was no need to hurry him along.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #1266 on: December 18, 2023, 09:24:01 AM »
Emi wouldn’t be who is is without that element to his game. He’s a maverick. He can’t be held responsible for Kamara grabbing anyone on the same way Ollie can’t be blamed for the ruckus after the goal.

I’m sure the boss will have a word in private with all involved.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #1267 on: December 18, 2023, 09:53:45 AM »
Emi wouldn’t be who is is without that element to his game. He’s a maverick. He can’t be held responsible for Kamara grabbing anyone on the same way Ollie can’t be blamed for the ruckus after the goal.

I’m sure the boss will have a word in private with all involved.

I agree, but his shithousery always seems to have that professional element to it, as in "how can I gain an advantage over my opponent". Yesterday with Maupay it felt like "this bloke has annoyed me and I'm going to let him have it", which felt a bit out of character.  What I will say in his defence is that the moment it was clear the whole incident was escalating, he put his hands in the air and starting walking backwards away from the trouble, so I think he knew he'd messed up.

It was all so unnecessary given we were winning with two minutes to go. I always thought Emi's shithousery came with him being a bit smarter than his opponents.

Offline cdward

« Reply #1268 on: December 18, 2023, 10:00:42 AM »
I thought Martinez was just wasting time by getting involved with Maupay, i.e knowing it will run the clock down even more, but i think he lost his cool, which i was surprised at.
In hindsight he should have just stood over him laughing.
I think as a team we will learn from this. McGinn looked genuinely annoyed that Kamara got himself the red.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #1269 on: December 18, 2023, 10:05:40 AM »
McGinn is clearly Emery's captain - been a long time since I've seen the sort of mannger-inspired captaincy on the pitch.

McGinn has given bollocking out to Duran for getting involved in this sort of stuff too.

Offline Baldy

« Reply #1270 on: December 18, 2023, 10:13:49 AM »
Maupay is French.

Can't help thinking there was some leftovers here from Martinez antics at the last World Cup. Maupay is a nasty little fecker and Martinez needs to rise above it.

C'est la vie.

Online john2710

« Reply #1271 on: December 18, 2023, 11:19:28 AM »
I guess there's no point appealing the red card, even though it looked innoculous & a 3 game ban seems extreme.

In the tight games, Kamara is a key player for us, especially away from Villa Park. We should be OK for the games vs Sheffield & Burnley, but his absence at Old Trafford could be the difference.
I'd play Dendonker, who was excellent in the home wins against Man U & Newcastle last season when Kamara was out. Just don't play the ball to him when he's facing his own goal.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1272 on: December 18, 2023, 11:31:31 AM »
Feel sorry for him, he shouldn't have raised his hands but that twat had a swipe at him first and he'd been trying to be peacemaker up until that.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #1273 on: December 18, 2023, 11:33:23 AM »
Maupay is French.

Can't help thinking there was some leftovers here from Martinez antics at the last World Cup.
I really, really think that there was nothing of the sort to it.
1) Maupay has had 2 games for the French B team plus a few for the U16, U17 and U19's and should STFU anyway.

2) He's just a twat who came up against far superior opposition.

Yes, Martinez is seen as a pantomime rogue by some in France but that is about it. We are too focused on winning the Euros to dwell on such things.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1274 on: December 18, 2023, 11:36:45 AM »
Feel sorry for him, he shouldn't have raised his hands but that twat had a swipe at him first and he'd been trying to be peacemaker up until that.

Yes he actually pulled Maupay’s shirt back down then tried to help him up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal