collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season  (Read 169156 times)

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Boubacar Kamara - Signed
« Reply #1170 on: September 22, 2023, 02:01:57 PM »
In what system does Ramsey come in for Kamara and we benefit defensively?

I think we'd benefit defensively from any midfield system that actually works and manages to control the game.

Yeah this is the actual, technical meaning of the oft-misused phrase 'begging the question'.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1171 on: September 22, 2023, 02:45:24 PM »
He's a young player, recently married so probably still getting some. Give him a couple of months and he'll have his energy and adrenaline back.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1172 on: September 22, 2023, 05:05:31 PM »
Ramsey? Change the formation to suit the players we have. Feels like a couple of times we've been trying to force players into positions just to get them on the pitch.
The players we have suit a double pivot.  It has been the cornerstone of our success since Emery joined and something we had been crying out for.  It's the system that gets the best out of Luiz and in theory would probably be the system that suites Tielemans best too, although he would need to be the more advanced of the two (ie Luiz's role)

If Kamara needs taking out, then the most obvious answer is now Luiz-Tielemans (Luiz playing the more defensive role).  Dendonker-Luiz should also be an option, but Emery preferred to bring McGinn back ahead of Dendonker last season - so that's another option.

So whatever we chose to do with Ramsey, I'd be very surprised if it involved us moving away from two centre mids.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1173 on: September 23, 2023, 10:02:58 AM »
He's a young player, recently married so probably still getting some. Give him a couple of months and he'll have his energy and adrenaline back.
The old penny in the jar theory.
It could be a while.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1174 on: September 23, 2023, 06:03:41 PM »
Ramsey? Change the formation to suit the players we have. Feels like a couple of times we've been trying to force players into positions just to get them on the pitch.
The players we have suit a double pivot.  It has been the cornerstone of our success since Emery joined and something we had been crying out for.  It's the system that gets the best out of Luiz and in theory would probably be the system that suites Tielemans best too, although he would need to be the more advanced of the two (ie Luiz's role)

If Kamara needs taking out, then the most obvious answer is now Luiz-Tielemans (Luiz playing the more defensive role).  Dendonker-Luiz should also be an option, but Emery preferred to bring McGinn back ahead of Dendonker last season - so that's another option.

So whatever we chose to do with Ramsey, I'd be very surprised if it involved us moving away from two centre mids.

I don't know any formation that would justify Tielemans any PL start at the moment.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1175 on: September 24, 2023, 06:50:27 PM »
A welcome return to form. Makes a huge difference.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1176 on: September 24, 2023, 07:30:31 PM »
I might be wrong but I think he was playing a slightly different role today and looked better for it.

In the last couple of games he's strayed a lot further from the '10 yards in front of the centre backs' position where he's at his best and he's had to spend a lot of energy tracking back into defensive positions if we lose the ball, which has created gaps.

Today he held his spot a lot more and was able to do all the dirty work he's so good at. The big difference is that we weren't trying to dominate possession today so he didn't have to offer himself so much.  I suspect in games where we're looking at 60%+ possession Luiz in that role and Tielemans slightly ahead might work better.

Online Keeno

• Twitter
« Reply #1177 on: October 22, 2023, 08:41:37 PM »
Dug this thread out to give him a shout out cause against an absolute shithouse midfield in Soucek, JWP and Alvarez thought he was at his best today.

Put in some great challenges, reads the game so well and great when he has the ball. Really like how he drops into the right of the back 3 when Cash pushes on.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1178 on: October 22, 2023, 09:01:22 PM »
The early season wobble seems right behind him.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #1179 on: November 07, 2023, 07:25:16 PM »
Against Nottingham Forest Kamara produced an absolute world class challenge in our penalty area.
It was a slide tackle timed to perfection.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1180 on: November 07, 2023, 08:12:23 PM »
Yeah, but he does have a tendency to occasionally attempt to be a bit *too* clever with the ball when on the edge of our area and then lose the ball in a very dangerous position, he almost got caught out doing that again at Forest.

I still love him, but he needs to stop doing that, because I shit a brick every time.

Offline nigel

« Reply #1181 on: November 08, 2023, 08:29:52 AM »
Yeah, but he does have a tendency to occasionally attempt to be a bit *too* clever with the ball when on the edge of our area and then lose the ball in a very dangerous position, he almost got caught out doing that again at Forest.

I still love him, but he needs to stop doing that, because I shit a brick every time.

It’s a fine line between a stunning pass and a crap one.
I think because confidence is so high the players are trying more difficult passes rather than the simple one. If they come off, and many have, it’s a thing of beauty. So, to a degree it should be encouraged.
I suppose the next step is picking the time to do them.
That said, I know exactly how you feel when it’s on the edge of our penalty area 😂

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1182 on: November 08, 2023, 09:22:37 AM »
It's not even a pass usually, he tried to twist and turn away with the ball one time too many and gets caught, it's great when he pulls it off, but horrendous when he's caught out.

I think he did it against Natasha Kinski or whatever that Bosnian team were called.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #1183 on: November 16, 2023, 12:41:52 AM »
International matches for Boubacar Kamara on Saturday and Tuesday
Gibraltar (H, Nov18) Greece (A, Nov 21)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1184 on: November 26, 2023, 02:41:35 PM »
1 match ban for 5 yellows

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal