collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season  (Read 169112 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Boubacar Kamara - Signed
« Reply #780 on: January 02, 2023, 05:01:41 PM »
A friend who's die hard Spursy was absolutely blown over with how good Kamara was  yesterday. He said Kamara bullied Bissouma out of the game.
And oh yes he thinks Spurs will sign him at the end of the season.

Yep, I can really see him being charmed to go to a club by a manager who clearly doesn't want to be there.

Spurs fans truly are delusional bell ends.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #781 on: January 02, 2023, 05:30:26 PM »
A friend who's die hard Spursy was absolutely blown over with how good Kamara was  yesterday. He said Kamara bullied Bissouma out of the game.

Yep, I can really see him being charmed to go to a club by a manager who clearly doesn't want to be there.

Spurs fans truly are delusional bell ends.

Well, with the media having their backs is it any wonder why? Every national outlet it was all about their failings and nothing to do with anything we did. They make me sick.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #782 on: January 02, 2023, 05:51:59 PM »
All Spurs fans are idiots. Every single one of them to a person.

Offline pablo_picasso

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #784 on: January 02, 2023, 05:53:06 PM »
I saw a photo of Luiz sliding after scoring yesterday and in the background in the crowd, they're 80 percent photo-taking tourists.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #785 on: January 02, 2023, 06:07:13 PM »
I saw a photo of Luiz sliding after scoring yesterday and in the background in the crowd, they're 80 percent photo-taking tourists.

In fairness our Dougie is a good looking lad

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #786 on: January 02, 2023, 06:15:12 PM »
Same as the Liverpool feature.
Awareness, knows when to go quick or slow, balance, doesn't fall even when hit, tackles intelligently, prefect weight of pass..
Love it.

I'm looking forward to seeing him partner with Tim in central midfield (partly because they're both very classy, and partly to wind up the Bitters).

Offline pablo_picasso

« Reply #787 on: January 02, 2023, 06:24:05 PM »
Same as the Liverpool feature.
Awareness, knows when to go quick or slow, balance, doesn't fall even when hit, tackles intelligently, prefect weight of pass..
Love it.

I'm looking forward to seeing him partner with Tim in central midfield (partly because they're both very classy, and partly to wind up the Bitters).
Me too. I have rated Iroegbunam as one of our top prospects for a while now & I can’t wait to see him in a Villa shirt next to Kamara. A midfield trio of Kamara, Iroegbunam & Ramsey is young, pacy, exciting, dynamic, etc. Will be very difficult for the opposition to counter their movements. I can’t wait to see it.

Online RamboandBruno

« Reply #788 on: January 02, 2023, 07:30:41 PM »

After the final whistle and clapping the players etc,  all the Villa fans had turned their backs to the pitch and were singing ‘two nil on yer big day out’ to the ‘spurs’ supporters in the stand above us. Did we get lots of abuse back? Nope, the tourists took photo’s.
For a nano second, i realised i was nothing more than an artefact of ancient ritual that had been absorbed into a corporate souless day trip of no significance to people who have been sold the global brand that is the sky super six and premier league.
I really want us to be successful, but i hope beyond hope that we somehow avoid some of the trappings that goes with it now.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #789 on: January 02, 2023, 07:53:35 PM »
Yep i saw that with the taking photos .  In any circumstance like that whether celebrating or commiserating why would you do that ??

Offline pablo_picasso

« Reply #790 on: January 02, 2023, 07:57:22 PM »
I asked my Devon Red Man Utd “supporting” mate why he took cameras & 1200 pics for his Facebook account to Old Trafford & his reply was, & I quote, “how else are other people going to know if I went or not?”. I shit you not. My reply was exactly as it would be most who support their home town club, “who gives a fu*k if other people know if I went or not?” Happy clapping day trippers are one of the worst elements about modern day football.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #791 on: January 02, 2023, 08:04:53 PM »
Yep i saw that with the taking photos .  In any circumstance like that whether celebrating or commiserating why would you do that ??
Well people who are going to a Premier League match for the first and maybe only time will take photos on their big day out.🙂

There were a large number of Son fans there. Also the queues at the shop were testament to a marketing success. Their club shop was certainly an upgrade on ours.

I'm not sure I particularly like it, but it's almost unavoidable.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #792 on: January 02, 2023, 08:07:28 PM »
Well people who are going to a Premier League match for the first and maybe only time will take photos on their big day out.🙂

There were a large number of Son fans there. Also the queues at the shop were testament to a marketing success. Their club shop was certainly an upgrade on ours.

I get the taking photos, I did that with my son ,  but after a goal😳😃

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #793 on: January 02, 2023, 10:19:55 PM »

We were there yesterday and it cropped up a few times in conversations before and after the game.

We caught a bus from Seven Sisters to the ground and maybe 20% of the people on the bus were east Asian. I’d say about 10% of people we saw queuing to get into the club shop and the ground were east Asian too. I presume a large number of these fans were Korean and there for Son.

When the teams were announced pre kick off Kane just about got the biggest cheer but Son was a very close  second. It reminded me of the cacophony in Qatar when Ronaldo came on.

The touts in Tottenham must be making a fortune, though I have no idea where they source their tickets.

I’ve noticed a number of Chinese fans at Villa Park in the past few years and chatted to a few. Most have been students who want to see premier league football and are rooting for us unless we play Liverpool (probably). But this is a really small percentage of home fans, nothing like the number of fans Spurs attracted yesterday.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #794 on: January 03, 2023, 01:46:21 PM »

Isn't this the sort of thing Mr Woodhall alluded to when he said (to paraphrase) "To get where we want to be, we must become the thing that we hate".

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal