collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season  (Read 169412 times)

Offline caster troy

Re: Boubacar Kamara - Signed
« Reply #675 on: November 15, 2022, 10:59:43 AM »
Luiz (24), Ramsey (21), Kamara (22). That is some serious potential. Lets see where they can get us to with a world class coach. Ireogbunam to come in as well at some point...

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #676 on: November 15, 2022, 11:05:22 AM »
Luiz (24), Ramsey (21), Kamara (22). That is some serious potential. Lets see where they can get us to with a world class coach. Ireogbunam to come in as well at some point...
Aaron Ramsey could quite conceivably be a contender for our #10 role next season, as well.
KKH should, next season, be pushing Cash for a starting position.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #677 on: November 15, 2022, 11:22:25 AM »
Aaron Ramsey could quite conceivably be a contender for our #10 role next season, as well.
KKH should, next season, be pushing Cash for a starting position.

O'Reilly looks a very good prospect as well.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #678 on: November 15, 2022, 11:28:14 AM »
And Feeney.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #679 on: November 15, 2022, 11:38:46 AM »
And Feeney.

I was just talking about centre mids but yes, I think Feeney might be the best of the lot.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #680 on: November 15, 2022, 11:45:06 AM »
You'd not normally blood so many youngsters at the same time, that's the only issue. Keeping them all happy with game time is tricky, and out of all the names mentioned, I think it's highly unlikely that KKH, O'Reilly, Feeney and Ramsey. A. will play next season. Emery will want some more proven quality.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #681 on: November 15, 2022, 12:22:14 PM »
When I read up about Emery, I read that he's known for giving kids a chance. I'd imagine the likes of A Ramsey and Iroegbunam will have the best chance of coming through and those that haven't been out on loan yet will go out and get that experience.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #682 on: November 15, 2022, 12:35:02 PM »
When I read up about Emery, I read that he's known for giving kids a chance. I'd imagine the likes of A Ramsey and Iroegbunam will have the best chance of coming through and those that haven't been out on loan yet will go out and get that experience.

Indeed. Saka, Martinelli and Smith-Rowe all got their Arsenal debuts as teenagers under Unai.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #683 on: November 15, 2022, 12:44:32 PM »
I wonder if it's actually better/easier to bring 3-4 players through into the senior squad together than one at time. It keeps them together as a group and reduces the pressure on each of them individually by pushing the pressure onto the manager and coaches instead (who've decided to risk bringing so many through at once).

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #684 on: November 15, 2022, 01:02:57 PM »
The problem we have is that we've got a bloated squad and we may not be able to get rid of as many as we would like.

Offline Risso

« Reply #685 on: November 15, 2022, 01:13:08 PM »
I wonder if it's actually better/easier to bring 3-4 players through into the senior squad together than one at time. It keeps them together as a group and reduces the pressure on each of them individually by pushing the pressure onto the manager and coaches instead (who've decided to risk bringing so many through at once).

I suppose it's possible as with the Beckham and Scholes era Man Utd team, but quite rare. They all need to be good enough for the first team, and even then that's quite a clear out of senior players to accommodate them in the squad.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #686 on: November 15, 2022, 02:14:31 PM »
Emre appears to want to use all 5 subs so that should increase the opportunities for younger players.

Offline Risso

« Reply #687 on: November 15, 2022, 02:50:45 PM »
Emre appears to want to use all 5 subs so that should increase the opportunities for younger players.

Indeed, but they have to be in the squad in the first place. This was the subs bench on Sunday:

Substitutes
8 Sanson
16 Chambers
17 Augustinsson
18 Young
20 Bednarek
25 Olsen
31 Bailey
32 Dendoncker
35 Archer

On top of that you need to add Watkins who was ill, Coutinho who is injured and Carlos who is due back this season. Bednarek is only on loan so he'll be gone, and would think that even with the change in boss that Sanson will be off. Ashley Young won't go on forever, so maybe another place there. Chambers can probably GTFO as well, but assuming we buy a couple of seniors, there's still not much room for kids without injuries or a bigger clear out.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #688 on: November 15, 2022, 03:06:20 PM »

Indeed, but they have to be in the squad in the first place. This was the subs bench on Sunday:

Substitutes
8 Sanson /Ramsey. A.
16 Chambers / Feeney
17 Augustinsson / KKH
18 Young
20 Bednarek
25 Olsen / My nan, God bless her soul
31 Bailey / O'Reilly
32 Dendoncker / Iroegbunam
35 Archer / erm Archer/new Striker/Watkins

On top of that you need to add Watkins who was ill, Coutinho who is injured and Carlos who is due back this season. Bednarek is only on loan so he'll be gone, and would think that even with the change in boss that Sanson will be off. Ashley Young won't go on forever, so maybe another place there. Chambers can probably GTFO as well, but assuming we buy a couple of seniors, there's still not much room for kids without injuries or a bigger clear out.

Put some names in...

Offline paul_e

« Reply #689 on: November 15, 2022, 06:01:34 PM »

I suppose it's possible as with the Beckham and Scholes era Man Utd team, but quite rare. They all need to be good enough for the first team, and even then that's quite a clear out of senior players to accommodate them in the squad.

There's a difference betwreen bringing them into the squad together and playing them together though. I'm thinking more along the lines of adding 3-4 into senior training at once and then slowly adding them 1-2 at a time to the bench for a few games and getting a few minutes here and there. Over 6-12 months you can easily, with 9 subs, find space to get them all involved and see how they respond.

My thinking is that if you look around the room in a team meeting and see a bunch of senior players that have hundreds of international caps between them for places like Argentina, Brazil, France, etc that could easily be quite intimidating. If you're there next to a few guys you've played with for years and all of you know you're going to get a chance soon you will naturally compare/compete in that group rather than with the senior squad players.

Also, as I said, it means the pressure is on the people that put you all there, if you've come through on your own then there's a risk of feeling the need to prove you belong.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal