collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season  (Read 168844 times)

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Boubacar Kamara - Signed
« Reply #255 on: May 25, 2022, 03:04:59 PM »
If anyone has seen the Gerrard interview from earlier may reas in to like I dud they he'll play Kamara first and foremost as an 8 and sign another DM with Kamara filling in for said DM if needed.

I didn't take it like that, for me he was talking about the benefit of signing someone like this is that he has the football intelligence to play CB, DM or CM as well as working in different formations. That said I do think another similar player who can play a few different roles would be a good idea.

The more I look into him the more I want it to be Sangare, he looks a fantastic player to go along the midfielders we have.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #256 on: May 25, 2022, 03:37:38 PM »
I'd love a centre mid of Kamara and Bissouma. If we swapped Luiz + £££ for Abraham we'd be in for a serious season.

Some people on here won’t be happy until we Have a complete team of defensive mids and Tony Pulis as manager

Sorry about this john, but neither of those two are out and out defensive mids.

I think the most impressive pairing I've seen this season was Soucek and Rice at West Ham, an absolute rock of a midfield.

They're like a couple of nightclub bouncers that will not tolerate any fucking about whatsoever.

Like Mazrim and Mazrim's Bruv

Offline boozey182

• GM : PCM
« Reply #257 on: May 25, 2022, 03:42:53 PM »
If anyone has seen the Gerrard interview from earlier may reas in to like I dud they he'll play Kamara first and foremost as an 8 and sign another DM with Kamara filling in for said DM if needed.

I didn't take it like that, for me he was talking about the benefit of signing someone like this is that he has the football intelligence to play CB, DM or CM as well as working in different formations. That said I do think another similar player who can play a few different roles would be a good idea.

It will be mid-game where that is most beneficial. He wins the ball and there's space for him to run into - he becomes an 8 for that passage of play. Both of our fullbacks charge up the pitch - he can join the CBs and help them cover if the other team break.

It's something neither Doug or Marv could ever do, and it offers us flexible game plans which is something we haven't really had for a long time.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #258 on: May 25, 2022, 04:08:05 PM »
I'd love a centre mid of Kamara and Bissouma. If we swapped Luiz + £££ for Abraham we'd be in for a serious season.

Some people on here won’t be happy until we Have a complete team of defensive mids and Tony Pulis as manager

Sorry about this john, but neither of those two are out and out defensive mids.

I think the most impressive pairing I've seen this season was Soucek and Rice at West Ham, an absolute rock of a midfield.

They're like a couple of nightclub bouncers that will not tolerate any fucking about whatsoever.

Like Mazrim and Mazrim's Bruv

They we're on the door for 'Snow White's', the club of choice for the vertically challenged

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #259 on: May 25, 2022, 04:09:14 PM »
If he's anything like Kante, it would be like playing with 12 players.

richtheholtender

« Reply #260 on: May 25, 2022, 04:42:59 PM »

The more I look into him the more I want it to be Sangare, he looks a fantastic player to go along the midfielders we have.

It was the part where he said "we've brought him in as a midfielder" not DCM just midfielder. That's how I read it.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #261 on: May 25, 2022, 04:50:49 PM »

It was the part where he said "we've brought him in as a midfielder" not DCM just midfielder. That's how I read it.

Yeah, I assumed as much, I just don't think he meant it the way you've assumed but rather that we've signed him to play one of the 3 midfield roles and he's versatile enough to play in any of them, so not really saying anything about where he plans to play him week-in week-out. I guess we'll see what happens later in the window and at the start of the season.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #262 on: May 25, 2022, 05:47:11 PM »
If he's anything like Kante, it would be like playing with 12 players.
Bloody hell, if he’s ANYTHING like Kante we’ll be very fortunate to have him

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #263 on: May 25, 2022, 06:19:24 PM »
I'm pretty sure he's been signed as a DM but Gerrard is just talking up his versatility.  If we want to play a double pivot I think Dougie can probably do that when he's not having to shoulder all the defensive responsibility.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #264 on: May 25, 2022, 06:41:20 PM »
The thing is with your DMs, you want them to be much more complete footballers, like the oft-mentioned Rice and Soucek at West Ham. They both protect the back line superbly, but are also comfortable in possession and are good at driving forward, plus Soucek weighs in with goals too. A player like Nakamba who does a good job at breaking up attacks but little else will only get you so far, especially when your other midfielders include Luiz and McGinn.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #265 on: May 25, 2022, 06:43:01 PM »
The thing is with your DMs, you want them to be much more complete footballers, like the oft-mentioned Rice and Soucek at West Ham. They both protect the back line superbly, but are also comfortable in possession and are good at driving forward, plus Soucek weighs in with goals too. A player like Nakamba who does a good job at breaking up attacks but little else will only get you so far, especially when your other midfielders include Luiz and McGinn.

He's our modern day NRC, minus the huddles and pointing.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #266 on: May 25, 2022, 06:46:01 PM »
I'm pretty sure he's been signed as a DM but Gerrard is just talking up his versatility.  If we want to play a double pivot I think Dougie can probably do that when he's not having to shoulder all the defensive responsibility.
TBH, Tim and Boubou together would make a fine pairing.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #267 on: May 25, 2022, 07:07:44 PM »
I’ve decided all you DMO’s (defensive midfielder obsessives) don’t know what your talking about
You can’t even make your mind up about what one actually is

And you’ve all been talking complete bollocks for the last 3 seasons and more. 😊

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #268 on: May 25, 2022, 07:11:09 PM »

Reo-Coker really was absolutely shit.

I thought it at the time and I still think it now.

Dog shit.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #269 on: May 25, 2022, 07:33:54 PM »

Reo-Coker really was absolutely shit.

I thought it at the time and I still think it now.

Dog shit.

I thought he was good when playing for West Ham as a midfielder who broke down opponents attacking plays. He came to us and turned to shit. And then MON decided, as with every other non RB, he would be a good RB and left real RB's on the bench.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal