collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season  (Read 168053 times)

Offline clash city rocker

Re: Boubacar Kamara - Signed
« Reply #225 on: May 24, 2022, 02:44:44 PM »
The irony of a Newcastle journalist accusing a player of snubbing the barcodes to join another club for money....

https://twitter.com/caseysean51/status/1528678794030096384?t=_kjCb_7tioNL-isKPZSM7g&s=19

They are already starting to piss me off with their project.  It didnt 't take long before they became deluded

When citeh decide to offload grealish guess who will be first in there waving their saudi cheque book.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #226 on: May 24, 2022, 02:45:22 PM »
The irony of a Newcastle journalist accusing a player of snubbing the barcodes to join another club for money....

https://twitter.com/caseysean51/status/1528678794030096384?t=_kjCb_7tioNL-isKPZSM7g&s=19

They are already starting to piss me off with their project.  It didnt 't take long before they became deluded 

When was it that Newcastle fans weren't deluded?

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #227 on: May 24, 2022, 02:47:47 PM »
He's been there since he was a young lad (5 it maybe 7?, checked, it's 5) so I guess it will feel like that to them. I understand and empathise given what one of ours did.

I suspect Marseille couldn't offer what we and various other Premier League or La Liga teams did. Plus, let's face it, he's now in the biggest and best league in the world.

Good players leaving is always a pisser but iIt's not quite the same though in that he hadn't signed a new contract and so his departure shouldn't really be a shock to them. Greasy pissed off a year after signing a new one with us and giving it the whole "my club, my city" bollocks.
You'd have preferred he left for free so long as he hadn't hurt your feeling by saying 'my club'?

I'm glad he's gone, the horrible, pissed up chav. I wouldn't have him back on a free.

Me either. Anyway, let's not sully this thread.

I'm loving the business we're doing. Gerrard is obviously doing well along with Lange and Purslow.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #228 on: May 24, 2022, 03:00:40 PM »
He's been there since he was a young lad (5 it maybe 7?, checked, it's 5) so I guess it will feel like that to them. I understand and empathise given what one of ours did.

I suspect Marseille couldn't offer what we and various other Premier League or La Liga teams did. Plus, let's face it, he's now in the biggest and best league in the world.

Good players leaving is always a pisser but iIt's not quite the same though in that he hadn't signed a new contract and so his departure shouldn't really be a shock to them. Greasy pissed off a year after signing a new one with us and giving it the whole "my club, my city" bollocks.
You'd have preferred he left for free so long as he hadn't hurt your feeling by saying 'my club'?

I'm glad he's gone, the horrible, pissed up chav. I wouldn't have him back on a free.

Me either. Anyway, let's not sully this thread.

I'm loving the business we're doing. Gerrard is obviously doing well along with Lange and Purslow.

I do wonder if Lange had maybe found that some feedback on deals he'd previously been pursuing would've stood a better chance of happening if our manager/head coach was higher profile, and this fed into the decision to sack Smith and bring in Gerrard.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #229 on: May 24, 2022, 03:19:49 PM »
I don’t know about that. I’m sure Gerrard’s profile has helped though. Certainly we’re not getting Coutinho. But I don’t know that Kamara is higher profile than Leon Bailey for example. Or Danny Ings. Having Smith didn’t impede those deals for example.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #230 on: May 24, 2022, 04:38:11 PM »
Watched some footage of him and he looks exactly the kind of player we need.  Ideally, I think we could have done with a more experienced leader type in there, as I feel we are missing that in the team in general, but I'm looking forward to seeing him next season.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #231 on: May 24, 2022, 04:42:25 PM »
Philippe Auclair described it as a “stunning coup for Villa”. Talked about him being one of the future stars of French football.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #232 on: May 24, 2022, 05:15:12 PM »

When citeh decide to offload grealish guess who will be first in there waving their saudi cheque book.

I could definitely see that happening.

Just to point out the obvious to the Geordies, but why do they think Bruno Guimaraes decided to leave Lyon (who were playing European football at the time) to join a relegation threatened Newcastle?

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #233 on: May 24, 2022, 05:53:17 PM »

Just to point out the obvious to the Geordies, but why do they think Bruno Guimaraes decided to leave Lyon (who were playing European football at the time) to join a relegation threatened Newcastle?

Big fan of Stotty cakes  - much better than the gastronomy of Lyon.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #234 on: May 24, 2022, 05:54:54 PM »

Big fan of Stotty cakes  - much better than the gastronomy of Lyon.

That must have been what sealed it.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #235 on: May 24, 2022, 06:49:59 PM »
No, but at 22 I wouldn’t expect him to start bossing people around.

Unlikely given he's already married.

Two kids too, Leeroy and Kingsley so despite his youth he's clearly a fan of 'Fame' and 'Lucky Jim'.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #236 on: May 24, 2022, 07:30:05 PM »
I haven’t read the entire thread.
This is what he put on Twitter

Quand le mensonge prend l'ascenseur, la vérité prend l'escalier. Même si elle met plus de temps, la vérité finit toujours par arriver !

Short of a seagull but that’s always good!
(your chips are safe)

Resisting the obvious Grace Bros / Marseille parallel, I like him!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #237 on: May 24, 2022, 08:01:03 PM »
I thought you'd actually translated it there Lou, and was wondering what on earth he was on about! :)

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #238 on: May 24, 2022, 08:04:56 PM »
Resisting the obvious Grace Bros / Marseille parallel, I like him!

Probably for the best, I got in trouble for a Grace Bros reference a few months back. ;)

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #239 on: May 24, 2022, 08:14:54 PM »
I'd love a centre mid of Kamara and Bissouma. If we swapped Luiz + £££ for Abraham we'd be in for a serious season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal