collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season  (Read 169466 times)

Offline Paul.S

Re: Boubacar Kamara - Signed
« Reply #180 on: May 23, 2022, 05:25:36 PM »
Can’t say I’ve heard of him but glad Gerrard has identified an area we’ve needed upgrading for a long time. We do get bullied in midfield at times and I’d like to see another central midfielder come in who can play but is also physically able to look after himself.
Big summer ahead but I really think we are a few players away from a very decent team/squad.

Offline Scovilla

« Reply #181 on: May 23, 2022, 05:26:56 PM »
He has leadership qualities. He has often  captained Marseille. Marseille is probably the team that get most pressure from their fans in France.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #182 on: May 23, 2022, 05:32:14 PM »
Very happy, welcome and good luck

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #183 on: May 23, 2022, 05:41:39 PM »
He has leadership qualities. He has often  captained Marseille. Marseille is probably the team that get most pressure from their fans in France.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #184 on: May 23, 2022, 06:06:44 PM »
The biggest thing for me is that a lot of comments from people who've watched him talk about his awareness and intelligence, I think that's going to be a big positive of this signing.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #185 on: May 23, 2022, 06:17:02 PM »
Can’t say I’ve heard of him but glad Gerrard has identified an area we’ve needed upgrading for a long time. We do get bullied in midfield at times and I’d like to see another central midfielder come in who can play but is also physically able to look after himself.
Big summer ahead but I really think we are a few players away from a very decent team/squad.

I think of the current squad, only Martinez, Cash, Digne, Buendia, Coutinho, and now Kamara are capable of being virtual match-day shoe ins for a team trying to qualify for Europe. Everyone else in the squad to me screams 'mid table' (including younger players like Ramsey, Carney, Tim, Cameron etc who may go on to become stars but right now are still developing and need more time).

I'd hope we will at a minimum, add two additional Kamara like signings, one at CB (one of Mings, Konza, Chambers, Hause can compete for the other spot), and a striker. That would give us a fighting chance next year of starting to compete for a top 8 spot.     

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #186 on: May 23, 2022, 06:20:25 PM »

I think of the current squad, only Martinez, Cash, Digne, Buendia, Coutinho, and now Kamara are capable of being virtual match-day shoe ins for a team trying to qualify for Europe. Everyone else in the squad to me screams 'mid table' (including younger players like Ramsey, Carney, Tim, Cameron etc who may go on to become stars but right now are still developing and need more time).

I'd hope we will at a minimum, add two additional Kamara like signings, one at CB (one of Mings, Konza, Chambers, Hause can compete for the other spot), and a striker. That would give us a fighting chance next year of starting to compete for a top 8 spot.     

Exactly this

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #187 on: May 23, 2022, 06:36:03 PM »

I think that's fair enough and it's worth noting 3 of the 6 were signed by SG and 2 the others have recently signed long term term deals. Think we may need another top quality DM as well as the CB and striker and should be looking for the right quality (50-60m range) if necessary.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #188 on: May 23, 2022, 06:46:54 PM »
No idea if Kamara is any good.

But it’s certainly a step up from wasting £5m on players like Tshibola

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #189 on: May 23, 2022, 06:47:28 PM »
Lots of positive comments, just like when Trezeguet signed.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #190 on: May 23, 2022, 07:00:58 PM »
:-)  - To be fair his goals kept us in the PL the first year back

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #191 on: May 23, 2022, 07:06:49 PM »
:-)  - To be fair his goals kept us in the PL the first year back
Let's hope Kamara keeps us in the PL too :)

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #192 on: May 23, 2022, 07:09:26 PM »

I don't recall the comments from fans of Man U, Atleti, etc moaning about missing out on trez though.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #193 on: May 23, 2022, 07:10:30 PM »

I don't recall the comments from fans of Man U, Atleti, etc moaning about missing out on trez though.
well they should have been :)

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #194 on: May 23, 2022, 07:19:07 PM »
Never heard of him. Is the bloke world class?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal