collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season  (Read 169322 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Boubacar Kamara - Signed
« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2022, 11:29:59 AM »
Hopefully Digne seems to have broken the curse of the French Villa player, so from now we'll just have an uninterrupted stream of Gallic success!

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2022, 11:34:34 AM »
Not got a clue about him but everyone seems to be happy about it so I'll join in with that.  Hope he turns out to be the enforcer we've needed since our return to the Prem.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2022, 11:39:46 AM »
Hopefully Digne seems to have broken the curse of the French Villa player, so from now we'll just have an uninterrupted stream of Gallic success!

Yes to be fair to break the curse it seems to be that you need to be really fucking good.

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2022, 11:45:57 AM »
Presumably he played with Sanson at OM?

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2022, 11:48:46 AM »
Good stuff, do the business early, try and clear the deadwood and get an excellent pre season done with plans and formations worked on so we hit the ground running. A great signing for the club.

Exactly my thoughts - we do do our business very professionally and quickly - fair play to Johan Lange

Now i would welcome any player if it gets Luis out of our club - Absolute liability

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2022, 11:49:40 AM »
Tarkowski would be an excellent signing. I really rate him.
However signing players from relegated teams usually doesn't  workout too well. He has been playing in a struggling team for few years now so a losing mentality will be an issue.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #126 on: May 23, 2022, 11:50:20 AM »
Blimey.  We don't fuck around these days, do we?

I'd given up on Boubacar back in Jan, when he didn't move and was clearly going on a free - I assumed he'd be off to a club playing European football. I thought AC Milan were in pole position to get him.  Of course, I wouldn't be a Villa fan if I wasn't now questioning if he's really that good, given we were able to get him without European football to offer.

Fingers crossed he turns out to be as good as I thought he was before January.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #127 on: May 23, 2022, 11:58:39 AM »
However signing players from relegated teams usually doesn't  workout too well. He has been playing in a struggling team for few years now so a losing mentality will be an issue.

On the flip side he gets plenty of practice and experience at his main job.

Offline Risso

« Reply #128 on: May 23, 2022, 12:06:11 PM »

He's 29 and this is his first relegation. Burnley also finished 7th and 10th in recent years so it hasn't all been struggle.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
Re: Boubacar Kamara
« Reply #129 on: May 23, 2022, 12:10:06 PM »
Nice effort Mr. Taupin but in reality it will be :

Boubacar My Lord Kamara
Boubacar My Lord Kamara
Boubacar My Lord Kamara
Oh Lord Kamara
France Gall, Babacar could become Boubacar...

Offline cdward

« Reply #130 on: May 23, 2022, 12:17:20 PM »
Good signing in the position we all knew was needed.
I was worried we were going to splurge £60M on a Kalvin Philipps, who is a good player, but not worth the prices being touted. We have obviously been tracking this guy a while and January wasn't the right time.

Free transfer, aged 22, 5 year contract, signed under the radar the day after the season finishes, is exactly the kind of thing i want to see.
Glad we now have a natural DM who is happy to play there, instead of Douglas Luiz.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #131 on: May 23, 2022, 12:19:35 PM »

He's 29 and this is his first relegation. Burnley also finished 7th and 10th in recent years so it hasn't all been struggle.

Tarkowski is an excellent defender, and quite good on the ball too (for a centre-half), but he's far from quick, and if we're going to continue playing with full-backs high up the pitch, I think the centre-halves have to have pace to be able to cover runs in behind when necessary.  Burnley play so deep that pace isn't really an issue for him, or Ben Mee.

On a free, I think he's better than Hause to make up our four centre-backs, but I'd hope we are looking for slightly better than him and someone who will definitely go into the 11.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #132 on: May 23, 2022, 12:22:56 PM »
Tarkowski is a right-footer. Which seems odd with Chambers and Konsa already here.

Offline Risso

« Reply #133 on: May 23, 2022, 12:23:56 PM »
Tarkowski is a right-footer. Which seems odd with Chambers and Konsa already here.

Presumably we'd only buy him if Gerrard thought he was better than either of those two though?

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #134 on: May 23, 2022, 12:26:21 PM »

The preffered foot of a centre half only seems to be something that's become relevant of late. I don't remember ever considering which foot a stopper uses until the last few years.

I guess it's become more of an issue now that they're actually used constructively, but still given they play centrally is shouldn't really be much of an issue.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal