collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season Tickets - 2022/23  (Read 139837 times)

Online Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
Re: Season Tickets - 2022/23
« Reply #600 on: July 06, 2022, 07:30:28 PM »
More people than ever getting involved in preventing the working class access football at a reasonable price. That is a DISGRACE!

Just thought I would save someone else the bother.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #601 on: July 06, 2022, 08:12:18 PM »
They're selling season tickets to the middle and upper classes, but only selling huge, novelty sized cans of Monster to the working classes. It's having a terrible effect. One urchin from Kingstanding apparently cried all the water out his body as a result.

It's a fucking disgrace.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #602 on: July 06, 2022, 08:53:01 PM »
Noncesense.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #603 on: July 06, 2022, 11:10:29 PM »
Sneering at those working class Aston Villa supporters who have been pushed out of seeing their team play because of pure GREED  really isn't a good look AT ALL

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #604 on: July 06, 2022, 11:23:07 PM »
I've heard Villa Live will have a restaurant where you can choose which working class former season ticket holder you want to eat.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #605 on: July 07, 2022, 12:06:41 AM »
I've heard Villa Live will have a restaurant where you can choose which working class former season ticket holder you want to eat.

Can’t we just volunteer an arm or a leg and deposit the money so we’re primed for when our turn on the waiting list comes up? There would be a bonus in that it would open up the disabled section to working class fans and their carers. Win-win.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 12:08:14 AM by Percy McCarthy »

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #606 on: July 07, 2022, 05:49:26 AM »
Sneering at those working class Aston Villa supporters who have been pushed out of seeing their team play because of pure GREED  really isn't a good look AT ALL

I don’t think anyone’s sneering, mate. People are just having fun because you bring it up at every opportunity!

Who do you go to matches with? Have your mates had to stop going? And have you relocated to another seat now you are paying more anyway?

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #607 on: July 07, 2022, 02:57:50 PM »
The working classes can bring sandwiches for halftime,as one lady said let them eat cake

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #608 on: July 07, 2022, 03:44:54 PM »
It's all getting a bit much for me with the cost of my season ticket.
To save money I'm thinking of cutting a hole in the floor of my car and taking the engine out and running under my own steam as it were.
Does anyone have any experience of this form of transport?

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #609 on: July 07, 2022, 04:05:40 PM »
The working classes can bring sandwiches for halftime,as one lady said let them eat cake

...but not a plastic bottle of water to wash it down with. That'll get confiscated.

Offline exigo

« Reply #610 on: July 07, 2022, 10:12:49 PM »
Looks like we've shifted the full 30,000 season tickets.
7901 left free according to the seating plan.

1015 Holte
3725 Trinity
1476 North
1685 Witton Lane

Offline mike

« Reply #611 on: July 08, 2022, 05:16:19 AM »

The greed is pervasive throughout the top tiers of football and it is immoral and disgraceful. I certainly can't afford a season ticket but I don't see that Aston Villa are out of step with other clubs in the league with regard to season ticket prices. Villa are just doing what all the other clubs do because the alternative is to not have the income to compete. I watch the occasional game at Forest Green Rovers and enjoy the 'real' football in lower leagues (not that even that is cheap), however I have no desire to see Villa downsizing to League 1. I'd love to see players on less obscene wages that reflect their true value to society, I'd love to see football free on TV like we used to, I'd love to be able to afford to go to matches like I did when I was a boy, I'd love kits not to be overpriced shite covered in sponsors, etc etc but the reality is we are where we are and Villa are in no way some lone, renegade club ripping the fans off.

Online andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #612 on: July 08, 2022, 06:45:36 AM »
We all have a line that we won’t cross either financially because we just can’t afford it  or financially because even though you can afford it you think enough is enough. Mine is this seasons offering from Castore. Quality long went from official products but this is over priced bad quality tat, but I get that to some people that won’t matter. The other is the tour to Australia. I’ve watched us everywhere, but to me it is ridiculous that we are having a pre season that far away. I get the financial side, but the several thousand pounds that costs to do that tour is silly for me to justify. But again, each to their own and I hope those who go have a good time.

Sometimes it helps to default back to 11 grown men kicking a bladder around for a reality check 😀

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #613 on: July 08, 2022, 08:01:25 AM »

The greed is pervasive throughout the top tiers of football and it is immoral and disgraceful. I certainly can't afford a season ticket but I don't see that Aston Villa are out of step with other clubs in the league with regard to season ticket prices. Villa are just doing what all the other clubs do because the alternative is to not have the income to compete. I watch the occasional game at Forest Green Rovers and enjoy the 'real' football in lower leagues (not that even that is cheap), however I have no desire to see Villa downsizing to League 1. I'd love to see players on less obscene wages that reflect their true value to society, I'd love to see football free on TV like we used to, I'd love to be able to afford to go to matches like I did when I was a boy, I'd love kits not to be overpriced shite covered in sponsors, etc etc but the reality is we are where we are and Villa are in no way some lone, renegade club ripping the fans off.

Really good post Mike. Football is the one thing where we all "suck it up" a bit, and leave our morals and views to one side a bit. The financial side is hideous and some of the clubs are owned by horrendous people, but it's in our system so we turn a blind eye. As you say, if it gets too much there will always be a local smaller league or non league club grateful for your business.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #614 on: July 08, 2022, 09:30:30 AM »

Good post Mike....until you linked Forest Green with 'real' football

C'mon you Gas :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal