collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season Tickets - 2022/23  (Read 141769 times)

Offline FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
Re: Season Tickets - 2022/23
« Reply #630 on: July 12, 2022, 10:33:58 PM »
Are zone 6 like the The People's Front of Judea of Villa Park. I'd like to join or at the very least buy the t-shirt.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #631 on: July 12, 2022, 10:37:52 PM »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #632 on: July 12, 2022, 10:39:54 PM »
Just thinking about the zone 6 lumpenproletariat brings me out in a rash. Hopefully they put the prices up again to discourage any other riff-raff.

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #633 on: July 12, 2022, 10:40:47 PM »
I’m now going to imagine Flin5tone’s posts are being read by Ronnie Corbett.  ;D

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #634 on: July 12, 2022, 10:54:56 PM »
Have some decency about you, mocking the working class and families who were PUSHED OUT by Purslow and our Billionaire owners

And those of you celebrating selling out season tickets have some bloody respect for those that won't see us live who were there in the Championship. I never said we would not sell out I said the 'waiting list' was hyped up to bring in their elimination of those in zone 6 .

We’re not mocking the working class.

We’re mocking you.

Online astonvilla82

« Reply #635 on: July 12, 2022, 11:51:15 PM »
Have some decency about you, mocking the working class and families who were PUSHED OUT by Purslow and our Billionaire owners

And those of you celebrating selling out season tickets have some bloody respect for those that won't see us live who were there in the Championship. I never said we would not sell out I said the 'waiting list' was hyped up to bring in their elimination of those in zone 6 .

We’re not mocking the working class.

We’re mocking you.
haven't done any work this week , been watching Dowton Abbey old chap, those were the days, Carson get me a whiskey now
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 11:54:43 PM by astonvilla82 »

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #636 on: July 13, 2022, 12:17:47 AM »
Let them eat cake.

Offline Kimaster1976

« Reply #637 on: July 13, 2022, 06:12:07 AM »
Do season ticket holders also purchase a membership, is there any point to that?

The reason I ask is that I managed to get a season ticket this year after being on the waiting list, but unbeknown to me my membership was on auto renew so they have took another £42 out today so now I have both.

Is it worth emailing them to request a refund for the membership you think or is there any advantage for having both?

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #638 on: July 13, 2022, 08:18:15 AM »
Sneering at those working class Aston Villa supporters who have been pushed out of seeing their team play because of pure GREED  really isn't a good look AT ALL

The greed is pervasive throughout the top tiers of football and it is immoral and disgraceful. I certainly can't afford a season ticket but I don't see that Aston Villa are out of step with other clubs in the league with regard to season ticket prices. Villa are just doing what all the other clubs do because the alternative is to not have the income to compete. I watch the occasional game at Forest Green Rovers and enjoy the 'real' football in lower leagues (not that even that is cheap), however I have no desire to see Villa downsizing to League 1. I'd love to see players on less obscene wages that reflect their true value to society, I'd love to see football free on TV like we used to, I'd love to be able to afford to go to matches like I did when I was a boy, I'd love kits not to be overpriced shite covered in sponsors, etc etc but the reality is we are where we are and Villa are in no way some lone, renegade club ripping the fans off.

Good post Mike....until you linked Forest Green with 'real' football
C'mon you Gas :)
You'd think with their diet Forest Green would be known as the 'Gas'
Harrogate Town are known as the Sulphurites, if that helps at all.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #639 on: July 13, 2022, 09:29:45 AM »
Do season ticket holders also purchase a membership, is there any point to that?

The reason I ask is that I managed to get a season ticket this year after being on the waiting list, but unbeknown to me my membership was on auto renew so they have took another £42 out today so now I have both.

Is it worth emailing them to request a refund for the membership you think or is there any advantage for having both?

Not sure exactly what membership you're referring to.

If it's the one that give you online access to the pre-season games etc, that service is not included with the main Season Ticket

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #640 on: July 13, 2022, 09:36:38 AM »

Apart from the odd free gift such as a scarf and pin badge, the main benefit of membership is early access to home games so I can't see any real reason to have both.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #641 on: July 13, 2022, 09:51:08 AM »

And those of you celebrating selling out season tickets have some bloody respect for those that won't see us live who were there in the Championship. I never said we would not sell out I said the 'waiting list' was hyped up to bring in their elimination of those in zone 6 . l

Hi Flin - just my regular reminder that we have the 10th cheapest season tickets in the Premier League.  It's also good that working class people in other Zones didn't have to suffer bigger increases to cross fund the NON MEANS TESTED tickets in the previous Zone 6.

I know you never respond to posts, but hopefully this will make you feel better.  Have a great day.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #642 on: July 13, 2022, 09:52:55 AM »

Apart from the odd free gift such as a scarf and pin badge, the main benefit of membership is early access to home games so I can't see any real reason to have both.
Yep no point whatsoever - just some very cheap tat.  Spend your money on a decent scarf if you want one.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #643 on: July 13, 2022, 09:55:08 AM »
It's the nature of the increase to those in Zone 6 , if they had any decency about them they'd have at least staggered the increase . I'm sorry but £200+ per pass for a family is a ridiculous increase and has indeed priced out working class families or those looking for a good value seat.

They were also priced affordable because you had a poor view/got wet/poor leg room etc

These were accepted as you were getting a very well priced seat

I don't care what anyone says the treatment of those in zone 6 is unethical and a disgrace

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #644 on: July 13, 2022, 10:03:01 AM »
You're boring us now. Get some new material.

Withington Red remains my favourite troll.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal