collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:15:25 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:14:59 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:06:45 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Chris Harte
[Today at 09:05:25 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 09:03:14 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by GordonCowansisthegreatest
[Today at 08:59:33 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Pre Season 2023  (Read 40491 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: Pre Season 2023
« Reply #225 on: July 05, 2022, 09:10:19 AM »
Ta. Impressive.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #226 on: July 05, 2022, 09:32:14 AM »
Sanson seemed to have his mobile phone on him when on the gym bike. Not a great look. Looked sharp in the bit of training footage though.

Maybe he was listening to your new album Eamonn.

I've been championing his cause since he arrived, about time he reciprocated!

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #227 on: July 07, 2022, 10:57:07 PM »
Gerrard sees the pre season tour to Australia as a chance for players to bond.
SG says about the players coming closer and stronger off the pitch as a group.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #228 on: July 11, 2022, 07:57:37 AM »
No pre-season game at home seems a shame and a missed opportunity to me. It gives new players/young players a chance to experience VP on match day ahead of competitive fixtures starting, so they can hit the ground running. Also reduced "friendly" admission gives supporters who can't afford pl pricings a chance to see their favourites.
It seems the trend is to play these games away from home under the guise of some meaningless mini-tournament probably as a way of determining interest, so a decision can then be made (later on down the line) as to whether competitive pl fixtures should also be played in some far flung destination.

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #229 on: July 11, 2022, 08:01:29 AM »
No pre-season game at home seems a shame and a missed opportunity to me. It gives new players/young players a chance to experience VP on match day ahead of competitive fixtures starting, so they can hit the ground running. Also reduced "friendly" admission gives supporters who can't afford pl pricings a chance to see their favourites.
It seems the trend is to play these games away from home under the guise of some meaningless mini-tournament probably as a way of determining interest, so a decision can then be made (later on down the line) as to whether competitive pl fixtures should also be played in some far flung destination.

Well, the Australians will be paying Villa, Leeds, and Man U a big fee for appearing there. Some of these games can bring in several million. Walsall away is to benefit a local club who doesn't have the revenue streams we do and who support our women's team also.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #230 on: July 11, 2022, 10:00:14 AM »
At least some of the squad flew to Oz yesterday based on photos of them at the airport. Would be interested in hearing the arrangements e.g. who they flew with, did they all fly together etc.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #231 on: July 11, 2022, 10:11:27 AM »

Well, the Australians will be paying Villa, Leeds, and Man U a big fee for appearing there. Some of these games can bring in several million. Walsall away is to benefit a local club who doesn't have the revenue streams we do and who support our women's team also.

Plus I think the Commonwealth Games has affected the scheduling this summer too.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #232 on: July 11, 2022, 11:09:30 AM »
Yes, they would have clashed and then you have things like policing to consider. Transport links under greater pressure too. Probably just as well not having one this year. It's just unfortunate that Covid cost us the home friendly before last season. Whether we have one next year will depend on the rebuild project too.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #233 on: July 11, 2022, 12:56:18 PM »
I see Elmo is pictured amongst the group. Seems to be back in an ambassadorial role.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #234 on: July 11, 2022, 01:41:57 PM »
#Announce Elmo

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #235 on: July 11, 2022, 01:58:17 PM »
Please don't.

Has the squad-list for Oz been announced?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #236 on: July 11, 2022, 01:58:57 PM »

Plus I think the Commonwealth Games has affected the scheduling this summer too.

We couldn't play a home friendly because of them.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #237 on: July 11, 2022, 03:14:14 PM »
I wonder how much it's costing the club to jet a squad plus staff in business class over to Australia?

I doubt even the zone 6 price increase would cover it.

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #238 on: July 11, 2022, 03:20:30 PM »
I wonder how much it's costing the club to jet a squad plus staff in business class over to Australia?

They wouldn't be doing it if it was costing them more than they're being paid to play out there.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #239 on: July 11, 2022, 03:26:56 PM »

We're owned by two billionaires.

The cost is absolutely a drop in the ocean to them.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal