collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Pre Season 2023  (Read 41046 times)

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: Pre Season 2023
« Reply #240 on: July 11, 2022, 03:36:23 PM »
In response to the ^
I forgot about the C/W games. I've only just started seeing adverts for these.
I get the Walsall fixture.
I also get that money is behind the Aussie pre-season games, as indeed it will be going forwards for other friendlies or indeed competitive pl games if it ever comes to that.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #241 on: July 11, 2022, 05:05:43 PM »
I wonder how much it's costing the club to jet a squad plus staff in business class over to Australia?

I doubt even the zone 6 price increase would cover it.

We're owned by two billionaires.

The cost is absolutely a drop in the ocean to them.

Yeah but what about the carbon-cost?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #242 on: July 11, 2022, 05:11:37 PM »
I wonder how much it's costing the club to jet a squad plus staff in business class over to Australia?

I doubt even the zone 6 price increase would cover it.

I wonder how much we're getting paid for it. Wonder 2 minus wonder 1 equals a fair old amount. 

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #243 on: July 11, 2022, 06:15:44 PM »
Signing players during or after the Australian tour isn't ideal, and if signed after, there's a chance of a settling in period.
Going to Australia for a commercial preseason tour is, in my opinion, not a great idea.

Fatigue and fitness wise in the long run, it may cause more harm than good.
It could be disruptive to things when players have to adjust bring back in UK.
If players are sluggish at the start then there is the excuse of this.
And we're supposedly having a no excuses culture!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 06:24:43 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #244 on: July 11, 2022, 06:20:25 PM »
I see Elmo is pictured amongst the group. Seems to be back in an ambassadorial role.
One day, I see him as a first team coach somewhere. Maybe even with us. Depending. Never know.
Has the right temperature to be a involved at top level. Very composed speaker and honourable character who would certainly work well as role model, coach or ambassador in football.
Game needs more characters like Elmo.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #245 on: July 11, 2022, 06:24:53 PM »

Definitely cheaper than flying the Australian fans over to fill all those seats we can't sell.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #246 on: July 11, 2022, 06:25:01 PM »
Signing players during or after the Australian tour isn't ideal, and if signed after, there's a chance of a settling in period.
Going to Australia for a commercial preseason tour is, in my opinion, not a great idea.

In the long run, it may cause more harm than good.
It could be disruptive to things when players have to adjust bring back in UK.

Far off pre-season tours don't seem to do any of the "Big 6" any harm.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #247 on: July 11, 2022, 06:28:32 PM »
Team haven't just been training since their arrival in Oz, they're also all set for an emergency call-up to IACGMOOH if need be.
https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1546461457235472387

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #248 on: July 11, 2022, 06:28:35 PM »
We've not got 'Big Six' players and are looking worryingly weak . Take away coutinho as already at club + new Swedish cover leaves us with two signings?

We all know hitting the net was a major issue so I would hope and expect we see some movement in that area in the coming days.

Totally agree with Australian tour comments being a terrible idea. It'll drain us then off to France we could be very tired by the opening fixture and we all know newly promoted sides are tricky and will go out all guns blazing on a sunny day by the coast

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #249 on: July 11, 2022, 06:34:50 PM »
Yes totally agree with you. Bunch of shower running our club have set us on the road to ruinous.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #250 on: July 11, 2022, 06:36:49 PM »
Please don't.

Has the squad-list for Oz been announced?

The squad that will travel to Australia for preseason training should omit a few players. This enables those players to stay behind and sort out moves away, which makes sense if they are not going to be included in this season's plans. SG and coaching staff must concentrate on the squad's relevant  players.
I don't believe it makes sense if we take anyone we don't want to keep and on this tour we must include only those for this season who will be actively involved.

On the exceptions , younger players may participate and experience everything Villa tour has to offer. Here they can  be evaluated.
My thoughts on this I feel strikes me as a sensible use of resources and coaching. Anything else is unjustified and doesn't suit for team bonding. No disruptive players and no excuses.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #251 on: July 11, 2022, 06:41:23 PM »
We've not got 'Big Six' players and are looking worryingly weak . Take away coutinho as already at club + new Swedish cover leaves us with two signings?

We all know hitting the net was a major issue so I would hope and expect we see some movement in that area in the coming days.

Totally agree with Australian tour comments being a terrible idea. It'll drain us then off to France we could be very tired by the opening fixture and we all know newly promoted sides are tricky and will go out all guns blazing on a sunny day by the coast

Just because he's here as cover doesnt not make it a new signing. Dearie me.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #252 on: July 11, 2022, 06:51:08 PM »
All the way down to Bournemouth is where we play our first league game. It takes another flight because it's so far away.
then first game is an early Everton start.
And to add potential Covid difficulties with all this travel, fatigue could be a problem. But that's looking at it most negatively.

We'll have to have faith that the players' individual duty to take care of themselves and be ready, as well as the accuracy of the fitness and conditioning  coaching instruction, to be correct.
SG totally wants that squad fit and firing, consistent and prepared, but the lengthy preseason and then having that first match journey,  could prove tour to be a mistake.

I believe the idea is by the end of the tour, all of the players will have integrated into the SG playing style and bonded, and those are the positives that must be taken.

Online Dave P

« Reply #253 on: July 11, 2022, 07:59:18 PM »

The one take away from Saturday for me was just how deep our squad actually is when you look at it.  Two complete teams for each half, full of ability, with many current full internationals not involved.

And if travelling and playing football is going to be a problem for this squad, lets hope we don't get into Europe.

Online Dave P

« Reply #254 on: July 11, 2022, 08:01:32 PM »
All the way down to Bournemouth is where we play our first league game. It takes another flight because it's so far away.
then first game is an early Everton start.
And to add potential Covid difficulties with all this travel, fatigue could be a problem. But that's looking at it most negatively.

We'll have to have faith that the players' individual duty to take care of themselves and be ready, as well as the accuracy of the fitness and conditioning  coaching instruction, to be correct.
SG totally wants that squad fit and firing, consistent and prepared, but the lengthy preseason and then having that first match journey,  could prove tour to be a mistake.

I believe the idea is by the end of the tour, all of the players will have integrated into the SG playing style and bonded, and those are the positives that must be taken.

Come on now.  Bournemouth away is in 4 weeks and we'll probably travel the night before on a luxurious air conditioned coach and stay in a good hotel.  Everton at home is a week later.  This is just looking for reasons to be worried.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal