collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread  (Read 783845 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread
« Reply #345 on: April 12, 2022, 10:41:15 PM »
Mings is a full back after all.

Only in the same way that Daft Punk were human after all.

Also Rag n Bone Twat.

Online coreyfeldman

« Reply #346 on: April 13, 2022, 12:18:01 AM »
Fernandinho leaving Man City in the summer. We could do worse than offering him a one year contract.

He's announced he's going Brazil

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #347 on: April 13, 2022, 02:12:05 AM »
We built a team around Joe Greedlish, he’s gone onto a bigger payslip now so who do we build a team around next?
Coutinho?
Buendia?
Ramsey?

I just can’t see anything other than another 2 or 3 seasons of turmoil and instability right now I’m afraid.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #348 on: April 13, 2022, 06:27:40 AM »
I would hope our transfer policy is no longer to build a team around one player, but to provide a cohesive unit that allows individuals to strut their stuff, while the team performs on a collective level.

Too long have we relied on one/two people to provide the goods, we must have better options than that throughout the squad.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #349 on: April 13, 2022, 07:03:57 AM »
The thought/story/suggestion that Ings could find his way to Brighton as a makeweight in a deal for Bissouma is one I wholeheartedly approve of.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #350 on: April 13, 2022, 07:08:44 AM »
Find his way? No need...the car is ready and waiting and I’ve done us some sandwiches for the trip.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #351 on: April 13, 2022, 07:33:53 AM »
I would hope our transfer policy is no longer to build a team around one player, but to provide a cohesive unit that allows individuals to strut their stuff, while the team performs on a collective level.

Too long have we relied on one/two people to provide the goods, we must have better options than that throughout the squad.

Yep. Coutinho, Buendia and Ramsey are all good players that can, have, and will make a difference.

We need to sort out how we plan to play though and, it appears, we need to buy different players to suit the manager's system.

Under Smith (sorry) we could just about cope without a defensive midfielder, under Gerrard it's an absolute necessity (because of the full backs' positioning). We should therefore be buying two of them, unless Nakamba can do it.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #352 on: April 13, 2022, 07:37:37 AM »
I'd keep Ings.

I'm pretty sure Archer could do a job of sorts next season but it's too early to put the pressure on him being a starter.

I do think it's inevitable Gerrard will be after another striker though. Abraham? He'd be first choice now, and I'd wager that was part of the reason he didn't come last summer, with Watkins having done so well.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #353 on: April 13, 2022, 08:59:52 AM »
The thought/story/suggestion that Ings could find his way to Brighton as a makeweight in a deal for Bissouma is one I wholeheartedly approve of.
If we'd come into this season with just Watkins and Davis as back up we'd rightly have been complaing we once once again light up front.  And right now I'm sure people would be saying Ings is just the sort of quality experienced striker we need for next season.

I think people forget how good he is.  He's been one of the best finishers in the league for years.  And although he seems to have lost his shooting boots this season I still think his overall game has been impressive - his hold up and link up play is miles ahead of Watkins.  Part of the problem has been some niggling injuries, a lack of consistent game time and no settled formation.  Personally I wish Gerrard would just comit to him for the rest of the season as a loan striker to see what he can do.

As for Bissouma, yes absolutely.  We should have got him in Jan and he's still a good option now.   
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 09:01:29 AM by chrisw1 »

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #354 on: April 13, 2022, 09:20:10 AM »
Ings role in the team is to take chances and he has been failing in that much too often this season.
Looks past it.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #355 on: April 13, 2022, 09:22:59 AM »
Ings role in the team is to take chances and he has been failing in that much too often this season.
Looks past it.
Harry Kane missed load of chances in the first half of the season.  Was right off form.  Looked past it?

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #356 on: April 13, 2022, 09:42:35 AM »
Looks past it.
Harry Kane missed load of chances in the first half of the season.  Was right off form.  Looked past it?
If only the comparison was valid.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #357 on: April 13, 2022, 09:56:17 AM »
I'd never classed Ings as anything more than a lower half Premier League forward, his stock had seemingly risen higher than that at Southampton but the evidence I've seen in a Villa shirt suggests I was right in the first place.

He lacks pace and has missed every one on one I can think of. If there's truth in the Brighton rumour I'd be thankful and snap their hands off.

Seems a nice bloke mind.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #358 on: April 13, 2022, 09:59:35 AM »

I'm not sure, I just don't get the obsession with Bissouma, he's ok but I think some people are in danger of setting the bar so high for him (if he does join) that he'll stand no chance of meeting their expectations.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #359 on: April 13, 2022, 10:07:05 AM »
I'd never classed Ings as anything more than a lower half Premier League forward, his stock had seemingly risen higher than that at Southampton but the evidence I've seen in a Villa shirt suggests I was right in the first place.

He lacks pace and has missed every one on one I can think of. If there's truth in the Brighton rumour I'd be thankful and snap their hands off.

Seems a nice bloke mind.

One excellent season in the Premier League, and that's pretty much it. He was injured a lot of course, but he's not the prolific goal-getter he's often portrayed as. He's been largely shocking for us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal