collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread  (Read 792011 times)

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread
« Reply #330 on: April 12, 2022, 10:47:32 AM »
Is Gomez any good? - I havent seen enough of him.  He was awful against us in the 7-2, but obviously that was a bit of a 1 off.

Were heavily linked with him but all I know about him is he is injured a lot.

Think any other time I have seen liverpool I havent noticed if he is playing

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #331 on: April 12, 2022, 11:02:47 AM »

Not wishing to be controversial for the sake of it but I see it exactly the opposite

all our central defenders are so poor with the ball with no composure that they automatically put more pressure on the midfield players,
midfield is having to drop back pick up the ball do the work that a decent ball playing central defender could be doing
They are so slow and ponderous, There can’t be a player in the premiership that has passed the ball back to the goalkeeper more than Konsa,
For me playing the ball out from our first third is our biggest weakness atm, It’s agonising to watch at times

In summary fix the central defence and the midfield will look a lot better

[/quote]

I find it massively entertaining when Mings decides to carry the ball forward himself. It seems to strike panic into the opposition (and his teammates to be fair). It's a throwback to how BFR got the nickname 'Tank'. Maybe make him the DM? Worth it for a laugh.

Online thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #332 on: April 12, 2022, 11:29:12 AM »

I find it massively entertaining when Mings decides to carry the ball forward himself. It seems to strike panic into the opposition (and his teammates to be fair). It's a throwback to how BFR got the nickname 'Tank'. Maybe make him the DM? Worth it for a laugh.

I think he’d be sent off in the first 15 minutes of every match, but it would be fun while it lasted.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #333 on: April 12, 2022, 11:35:57 AM »

I think he’d be sent off in the first 15 minutes of every match, but it would be fun while it lasted.
Its always fun when a centre half breaks through the lines.
You can almost sense both sets of players thinking wtf do we do now?!
Mings as a DM would be carnage and entertainment in equal measure.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #334 on: April 12, 2022, 11:53:17 AM »

Mybe not as DM, but I'd give him Digne's job if he's out for the season. A rampant Mings on the left wing may just salvage some fun from this season, and I've got this nagging suspiscion that he'd end up being a revelation, a kind of 21st century Paul Warhurst.

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #335 on: April 12, 2022, 01:51:25 PM »

Mybe not as DM, but I'd give him Digne's job if he's out for the season. A rampant Mings on the left wing may just salvage some fun from this season, and I've got this nagging suspiscion that he'd end up being a revelation, a kind of 21st century Paul Warhurst.
Certainly a better choice than Young.Bringing Chambers into the middle would boost the passing ability at the back.A rampant Mings,carnage and entertainment.What's not to like ?
Can't see Gerrard opting for it,unfortunately.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #336 on: April 12, 2022, 01:55:29 PM »

Certainly a better choice than Young.Bringing Chambers into the middle would boost the passing ability at the back.A rampant Mings,carnage and entertainment.What's not to like ?
Can't see Gerrard opting for it,unfortunately.

Judging by I think Sons third goal he was out on the left wing anyway. (when Konsa missed Kanes flick)   I would give him a go and play Hause at centre, Korntney just defends   
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 08:26:33 PM by VILLA MOLE »

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #337 on: April 12, 2022, 01:58:53 PM »
Mings the Marauder.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #338 on: April 12, 2022, 06:18:29 PM »
I’m in. Be like Jedinak ending the match up front against Leeds.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #339 on: April 12, 2022, 06:58:12 PM »
Paul Warhurst for the jilted generation, who'da thunk it?

Offline Goldenballs

« Reply #340 on: April 12, 2022, 07:40:45 PM »
I'd be up for getting Mings to go on more of his rampages. How can the other team know what to do when even Mings has no particular idea what he's doing or where he's going.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #341 on: April 12, 2022, 08:23:06 PM »
Mings is a full back after all.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #342 on: April 12, 2022, 09:00:05 PM »
Fernandinho leaving Man City in the summer. We could do worse than offering him a one year contract.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #343 on: April 12, 2022, 09:02:37 PM »

I find it massively entertaining when Mings decides to carry the ball forward himself. It seems to strike panic into the opposition (and his teammates to be fair).

When he does that, I imagine him having YouTube videos of Paolo Maldini playing in his head.

Whereas in my head, this is playing:

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #344 on: April 12, 2022, 10:35:53 PM »
Mings is a full back after all.

Only in the same way that Daft Punk were human after all.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal