collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread  (Read 793092 times)

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread
« Reply #225 on: April 04, 2022, 11:25:29 AM »
Wouldn't mind us signing Christian Eriksen.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #226 on: April 04, 2022, 11:35:46 AM »
Are they just a designer version of those plastic-bag shoes you wear on new floors?

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #227 on: April 04, 2022, 11:38:52 AM »
Are they just a designer version of those plastic-bag shoes you wear on new floors?
Be useless at the swimming pool.

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #228 on: April 04, 2022, 12:26:36 PM »
Interesting that he talks of a unit? Perhaps the central defensive unit? Or two defensive midfielder’s, not sure.

That would be interesting.

Surely no room for Luiz so him and Sanson will be moved on. Ramsey to be the most advanced of the three CMs with McGinn a squad player. Buendia could also be tried as an 8 I guess.

That's probably the ruthless nature we need if we're serious about qualifying for europe anytime soon.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #229 on: April 04, 2022, 12:53:14 PM »
We need units all over the pitch - a reliable CB pairing, a DM fulcrum, effective links between 10 and the front three. Partnerships are the key to improving. We've relied on individuals turning up for far too long. I'd go as far as to say that us staying up bucked the trend, given most promoted teams that get over the line by virtue of having a very defined and immovable way of playing.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #230 on: April 04, 2022, 01:01:48 PM »

You'd think that's more or less made up for him to return to Spurs. Given the history there and that Conte was Inter manager when he moved there.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #231 on: April 04, 2022, 01:20:23 PM »
Not just the shoes, the entire outfit looks like someone who sleeps in a box in shop doorways, I'm not sure why you'd choose that as your look.

Yes, a mate put it on our whattsapp group and i said that the whole outfit looks like it was tailor made for a ******.

The shoes are the worst bit though.

And no, i don't think he'll sign either but i do think he's a cracking player despite dressing like a ******.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #232 on: April 04, 2022, 01:26:02 PM »
They look like they've been stolen off the Honey Monster.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #233 on: April 04, 2022, 01:32:06 PM »
He wouldn’t look any more ridiculous if he went everywhere dressed as the Leeds mascot, whatever that is. Usually some sort of big furry animal.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #234 on: April 04, 2022, 01:47:10 PM »
I think we know who will go.

Almost certain
Targett
Trez
AEG

Likely
Davis
Luiz
Traore

Possible
Bailey
Sanson
Cash

Inwards
Defensive midfielder
Striker
Defender

I think it's a certainty Traore will go. Gerrard doesn't seem to rate him at all. He has loads of ability but I don't think he has the mentality to be a top player.

Bailey, Sanson must be in the likely leaver camp too and possibly Buendia. Hourihane out of contract too. I don't see us starting next season with both Watkins and Ings in the squad. If Arsenal get CL football I think they will push hard for Watkins.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #235 on: April 04, 2022, 02:01:50 PM »

Almost certain
Targett
Trez
AEG

Likely
Davis
Luiz
Traore

Possible
Bailey
Sanson
Cash

Inwards
Defensive midfielder
Striker
Defender

I think it's a certainty Traore will go. Gerrard doesn't seem to rate him at all. He has loads of ability but I don't think he has the mentality to be a top player.

Bailey, Sanson must be in the likely leaver camp too and possibly Buendia. Hourihane out of contract too. I don't see us starting next season with both Watkins and Ings in the squad. If Arsenal get CL football I think they will push hard for Watkins.

So given we're not guaranteed to be signing Coutinho, you expect all of Trezeguet, El Ghazi, Traore, Bailey, one of Ings and Watkins and possibly Buendia to leave - that would give us forward options of:

The other one of Ings or Watkins
Possibly Davies
The youth
New signings

I'd be very surprised if our outward transfers included all but one of the senior attacking players that we own.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #236 on: April 04, 2022, 02:37:16 PM »
So given we're not guaranteed to be signing Coutinho, you expect all of Trezeguet, El Ghazi, Traore, Bailey, one of Ings and Watkins and possibly Buendia to leave - that would give us forward options of:
Possibly Davies
The youth
New signings
I'd be very surprised if our outward transfers included all but one of the senior attacking players that we own.
Ben Davies scored a very good header yesterday ...

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #237 on: April 04, 2022, 07:22:06 PM »

Almost certain
Targett
Trez
AEG

Likely
Davis
Luiz
Traore

Possible
Bailey
Sanson
Cash

Inwards
Defensive midfielder
Striker
Defender

Possibly Davies
The youth
New signings

If Coutinho doesn't sign then all bets are off but Gerrard's favoured way of playing isn't a good fit for all of the above players, particularly any winger. He has let four attacking players go on loan already and only one of them (Archer) I suspect has any kind of future with us.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #238 on: April 04, 2022, 08:00:11 PM »

You'd think that's more or less made up for him to return to Spurs. Given the history there and that Conte was Inter manager when he moved there.

Didn't sign him in January.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #239 on: April 04, 2022, 08:01:41 PM »
I think we need to start with the rule of 'do not sell your best players'.  Matty Cash is one of those and will not be easy to replace, so let's keep him.  Him and Digne give us solid full backs.  The centre halves have not impressed too much this season though, including Konsa. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal