collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 2-2 Bogey Team Utd post match thread  (Read 24192 times)

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
Re: Aston Villa 2-2 Bogey Team Utd post match thread
« Reply #165 on: January 16, 2022, 08:28:53 AM »
Delighted to get something from the game after where we were on 75 minutes but disappointing not to break the hoodoo. Second half was similar to Monday with goals added. We have matched them twice in a week. They will almost certainly qualify for Europe this season so if that is the level we are aspiring to maybe we are not that far off?

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #166 on: January 16, 2022, 08:48:15 AM »
I’d more think that they’ll be lucky to qualify for Europe this year. Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Wolves and West Ham- there’s 7 teams all currently better than them. We should’ve had 6 points in the league off them and knocked them out of the FA cup.

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #167 on: January 16, 2022, 09:10:12 AM »
Gerrard's "Stoke" game, that. As in Smith's, not MON's. Watch us fkn go now.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #168 on: January 16, 2022, 09:14:34 AM »
I tell you what, that last-minute corner they got... Well as I said to my lad, I've seen this story so many times.. However, the ending appears to have been rewritten.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #169 on: January 16, 2022, 09:19:09 AM »
The third time we've played Man United this season and the third time we've been comfortably the better, more progressive and more threatening side.

The manner of the goal we conceded rocked us. It took us a while to get to grips. It feels more like repetition of the manager rather than my own take on things, but its refreshing to hear how he sees the game and how in step with how we see it is.

Passive and deep in midfield, missing McGinn badly. Letting them stroke it about, to not much effect mind and not getting our full backs engaged. It was poor fare and it was more inkeeping with the previous 26 years than what we've seen of us of late.

That said, De Gea makes a good save from Buendia, where the ball goes half a yard anywhere else and it's in and also a good save from nose bleed Digne. Crikey that boy likes to get forwards.

Second half, we dominated. Man United had a couple of breaks with Cavani setting one up and Greenwood going close. But they largely reverted to type by sitting deep, hoofing the ball clear and getting a huge slice of luck against the run of play with the second.

Poor from Sanson, who had played well for me. Mings indecision makes Rat Face's mind up and the rodent finished well.

As an aside, I wouldn't tire of 90 minutes of him being kicked in the nads. Horrible, snide, whinging player. Have a look for his tantrum when our 2nd goes in.

Excellent come back though. When do we show bottle against these? Ramsey is going to be some player, he really has got the lot and how far he goes is down to him.

It certainly helped to bring the 3rd or 4th most expensive player off the bench and it wasn't lost on me that Hause passed a ball to him. In the same team. Bizarre.

Cut them to ribbons with our passing and movement for both goals. Had enough chances before to win it.

Beundia continues to look good. Watkins and Ings continue to not work together. Digne going forwards is excellent and a huge upgrade on Targett. I feel Cash was more like it too, one daft pass aside. We really do need a defensive sitter to screen though as they will leave space behind them and Luiz is an 8 for me all day long.

Our most passes of the season with 516. I have a feeling about Gerrard that's similar to 2007. Some things won't come off, we'll lose games, but there's a sense of purpose and direction. It is like that first game with Young and Carew at Newcastle. We lost 3-1, but walked off the ground happy as you could see the bigger picture. This feels the same.

The quality of the structure of our play is as high as its been since then. We pass the ball very well, we have a plan, we create lots of chances and have clear areas we need to improve, but we will.

It's a frustration that we are giving away soft goals every game. Its also a frustration that we are universally punished everytime and others aren't.

But I think we're going places under this manager.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #170 on: January 16, 2022, 09:22:27 AM »
Thought they were utterly dominant in the first half but we still had a couple of decent chances to score. For me Mings should have shown a bit more authority in trying to stop the 3 midfielders coming so deep to get the ball, they kept doing it and it meant we lacked numbers further up the pitch and they picked off our forward passes with ease.

Great second half performance and I really liked the look of the three playing behind one striker, I think either Ings and Ollie could prosper in that formation but not both together.

Buendia was excellent and all the back 4 not far behind.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #171 on: January 16, 2022, 09:26:33 AM »
As an aside, I wouldn't tire of 90 minutes of him being kicked in the nads. Horrible, snide, whinging player. Have a look for his tantrum when our 2nd goes in.

This. With fucking bells on!

When they, the worst Man U team in living memory, inevitably fail to qualify for Europe they could more than replace the lost commercial revenue by selling tickets to watch that diving, rat-faced little gremlin get kicked up in the air for entertainment purposes.

Twat.

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #172 on: January 16, 2022, 09:31:58 AM »
I got the feeling their dominance in that opening half hour or so was down to how we played, not them. We looked listless, no snap to us, no urgency to second balls, no conviction in getting forward when we did regain possession. That opening goal really poked us back into our shell.

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #173 on: January 16, 2022, 09:43:49 AM »
I'm "at work" in m*nchester. The Full 90 is up on Villa TV. Might give it a watch.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #174 on: January 16, 2022, 09:46:51 AM »
I got the feeling their dominance in that opening half hour or so was down to how we played, not them. We looked listless, no snap to us, no urgency to second balls, no conviction in getting forward when we did regain possession. That opening goal really poked us back into our shell.

Of all the teams for Martinez to chuck one in against, it had to be them.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #175 on: January 16, 2022, 09:52:12 AM »

Of all the teams for Martinez to chuck one in against, it had to be them.

Well as we’re never ever going to beat these at home again he might as well have had a clanger against this lot. Still can’t believe he spilled it though, unbelievable.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #176 on: January 16, 2022, 09:52:52 AM »
I hate Fernandes more than anything else in the sports world including Djokovic. Actually I hate him more than I hate Australian cricketers past or present. Can't say more than that.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #177 on: January 16, 2022, 09:55:15 AM »
Not sure if it's been debated but was that ball legally played before ****** took it and poked it towards Emi?

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #178 on: January 16, 2022, 10:03:50 AM »
Not sure if it's been debated but was that ball legally played before ****** took it and poked it towards Emi?

I think it just about rolled one full circumference, I think that’s the law anyhow.

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #179 on: January 16, 2022, 10:07:16 AM »

I think it just about rolled one full circumference, I think that’s the law anyhow.

I've had a look this morning, law 13 now only says 'clearly moves', which it did. Unfortunately.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal