collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

NSWE Investment by AV82EC
[Today at 05:54:49 PM]

Champions League Contention by LeeB
[Today at 05:45:07 PM]

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by Demitri_C
[Today at 05:41:09 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Smirker
[Today at 05:38:49 PM]

Arsenal 0-2 Aston Villa Post match interaction by LeeB
[Today at 05:19:25 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 05:11:35 PM]

Villa Park by FrankyH
[Today at 05:02:16 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Dave
[Today at 04:51:22 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: NSWE Investment by AV82EC
[Today at 05:54:49 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by chrisw1
[Today at 05:52:58 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 05:48:14 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 05:47:02 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by chrisw1
[Today at 05:45:45 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by LeeB
[Today at 05:45:07 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by thick_mike
[Today at 05:44:27 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by LeeB
[Today at 05:42:55 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 2-2 Bogey Team Utd post match thread  (Read 23964 times)

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Aston Villa 2-2 Bogey Team Utd post match thread
« Reply #195 on: January 16, 2022, 11:28:16 AM »
Mings did well in possession yesterday, and carried the ball out showing skills in more than one occasion. There was one poor pass that went straight out but I thought he did well. We definitely need a right footer alongside him though, because trying to get the ball out with two left footers was tricky.

Though I'd also like to note that Hause did contribute a couple of very good long passes forward to Digne.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #196 on: January 16, 2022, 11:28:48 AM »
They bossed it for half an hour mainly due to their control of the midfield. We missed Mc Gunn’s energy in that area. Even so, it was abundantly clear we needed to change it. Ings and Watkins together doesn’t work.  One is a good finisher and little else the other is less so but has plenty of energy. These two should be competing for the one position as it proved when it eventually changed. We took the game then.  As others have said, Bundia MOM, Ramsey excellent 2nd half. Sanson good too the bad back for their 2nd apart. Cash too was good….had a mare someone said??? Mings decent overall and a good debut from Digne, he will improve us. Also, a good debut by Coutinho, limbs everywhere when he scored. Message to Villa fans around me, there is no ‘r’ in his name.

The ref was awful.

Fair summary except the last line. For me the ref was excellent and FOR ONCE it was fair and square against these tossers.
agree with you. OT in the cup made a lot of people angry, me included. Depending on your outlook it ranged from dodginess through to incompetency. But you couldn’t really make that claim against the officials today. When the 2nd Man Utd goal went in I was gutted but thought at least we haven’t been robbed today, we’ve been done fair and square.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #197 on: January 16, 2022, 11:32:37 AM »
Their first gift - sorry - goal - isn't the ball supposed to move one full rotation before the next player is allowed to play it? Did it fuck! - I had to slow it down to half-speed on MOTD this morning and even then it barely moves.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #198 on: January 16, 2022, 11:38:23 AM »
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-utd-news-bruno-fernandes-25957884

And they wonder why they are universally hated.  Also he wasn’t saying how fcuking lucky they were last Monday.
Emi being treated with that elbow to his head actually helped them as it broke up play when we were in ascendancy and they were on the back foot.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #199 on: January 16, 2022, 11:38:49 AM »
“…are in trouble are Tyrone (good defender but not good enough with the ball for where we seem to be going)”.

His contribution to the goal suggests he is.
There's a good defender in there but he's been at fault directly on more than one occasion this season. I totally agree that any momentum disappears as soon as he gets the ball. We need someone who moves the ball on much quicker than Tyrone does.
He'd be a good option on the bench but I'm increasingly thinking we need a better first choice.
he’s going to be at fault most weeks, because of the quality of the opposition we face, but he did well against Man Utd. They may not be as good as they used to be, but that’s mainly down to their midfield and defence. They can still hurt you upfront.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #200 on: January 16, 2022, 12:20:57 PM »
“…are in trouble are Tyrone (good defender but not good enough with the ball for where we seem to be going)”.

There's a good defender in there but he's been at fault directly on more than one occasion this season. I totally agree that any momentum disappears as soon as he gets the ball. We need someone who moves the ball on much quicker than Tyrone does.
He'd be a good option on the bench but I'm increasingly thinking we need a better first choice.

Just about every centre half even at the top clubs will be exposed today because of the way the game has changed.

It's no longer two banks of four with two CMS's directly in front, allowing the stoppers to just be stoppers and letting them look faultless.

They tend to plan higher up now and are expected to do more on the ball.

Tyrone can do this. But when he gets caught in possession on occasion it will look ugly. Similar could be said of John Stones at Citeh, Harry Maguire at Man United and so on. Well Harry Maguire just looks ugly full stop, but you get the general idea.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #201 on: January 16, 2022, 12:21:32 PM »
Their first gift - sorry - goal - isn't the ball supposed to move one full rotation before the next player is allowed to play it?
Not anymore. That changed a few years ago.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #202 on: January 16, 2022, 12:33:26 PM »
I wouldn’t be too quick in defending the ref - Matic got away with persistent fouling despite already being on a yellow, they got away with flattening Ramsey in the D and the guy who totalled Konsa wasn’t even spoken to.

Online Flamingo Lane

« Reply #203 on: January 16, 2022, 12:37:50 PM »
For the amount of ball he has, and the often limited options available, I think Mings's general distribution is excellent, as is his work when he comes forward as he did yesterday to help with the move for our first goal.  His qualities as captain were much in evidence last night I thought, albeit that he could have done better for their second goal.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #204 on: January 16, 2022, 12:40:00 PM »

You beat me to it. What a run that was from a centre back. Without it that goal doesn’t happen and we don't get the point we deserved. Brilliant from big Ty.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #205 on: January 16, 2022, 12:57:59 PM »
I wouldn’t be too quick in defending the ref - Matic got away with persistent fouling despite already being on a yellow, they got away with flattening Ramsey in the D and the guy who totalled Konsa wasn’t even spoken to.

He did let Doug off with the most blatant yellow card ever.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #206 on: January 16, 2022, 01:58:35 PM »

He did let Doug off with the most blatant yellow card ever.

Agreed, the ref wasn't too bad after the first 10-15 mins. Yesterday was the first time since 2015 Yanited failed to win a penalty at Villa Park which is a start. At the very end though he let play go on whilst they were attacking and then blew up as soon as we got it back.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #207 on: January 16, 2022, 02:02:14 PM »
Typical, on the day that we finally don't get cheated by the refs in this fixture, we go and shoout ourselves in the foot by giving away two terrible goals.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #208 on: January 16, 2022, 02:06:39 PM »
Granted, Sanson's pass sold Mings a bit short but not that... short. Plus it was Fred, surely at worst Mings should have booted Fred and the ball back up towards the other end of the pitch. He just stood still for some reason, didn't even try and force him down the side.

I'm with bronte on this.  Mings was on his heels and coukd have taken Fred out.

Yes he might have given Fred a whack but the goal was not his fault at all.  Watch it again and look for the lack of concentration with Luiz. Mings stood Fred up, which is what classy players are taught. 

My uncle (and subsequently Keane in the studio) thought he should have taken Fred out but that's fine in hindsight. If he fouled Fred and Fernandes had scored from the free kick he'd have been lambasted for jumping in. For me it was the terrible ball to Sanson putting him under unnecessary pressure that was the root of it all.

Lots of positives though, there's a good team in there and when it all clicks we're going to batter one of the more fragile teams we have coming up.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #209 on: January 16, 2022, 02:37:31 PM »
Do you really think they read any of this?

good question
do you know what I think they do, people writing stuff about you I know I would if I’m honest

I’ve often thought I’m going to get a knock on the door one day and find Reo Coker, kourtney Hause, Steve Bruce, Niel Taylor or someone else I’ve said bad things about standing there looking moody

in fairness I’d be putting my running spikes on if it was Kourtney

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal