collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 2-2 Bogey Team Utd post match thread  (Read 24113 times)

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
Re: Aston Villa 2-2 Bogey Team Utd post match thread
« Reply #210 on: January 16, 2022, 02:48:12 PM »
Terrible start to the game and a disaster for Martinez,this is why it's vital we bring in a top shot stopper in this window to keep him on his toes.

Sensational ending to the game and a deserved point. Play like that for 90 minutes and cut out the ridiculous mistakes and we have something special.

Buendia was absolutely superb

Catering slow and awful as usual.

All in all a fantastic evening under the Floodlights at Villa Park

Online Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #211 on: January 16, 2022, 02:48:50 PM »
Do you really think they read any of this?

good question
do you know what I think they do, people writing stuff about you I know I would if I’m honest

I’ve often thought I’m going to get a knock on the door one day and find Reo Coker, kourtney Hause, Steve Bruce, Niel Taylor or someone else I’ve said bad things about standing there looking moody

in fairness I’d be putting my running spikes on if it was Kourtney

You would know it was Kourtney from the sound of a car crashing.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #212 on: January 16, 2022, 02:49:01 PM »
I wouldn’t be too quick in defending the ref - Matic got away with persistent fouling despite already being on a yellow, they got away with flattening Ramsey in the D and the guy who totalled Konsa wasn’t even spoken to.

And although Martinez was at fault for the first goal, Sanson won the ball cleanly for their free kick, if the ref is behind play cant see this, the lino should.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #213 on: January 16, 2022, 02:52:06 PM »
Do you really think they read any of this?

good question
do you know what I think they do, people writing stuff about you I know I would if I’m honest

I’ve often thought I’m going to get a knock on the door one day and find Reo Coker, kourtney Hause, Steve Bruce, Niel Taylor or someone else I’ve said bad things about standing there looking moody

in fairness I’d be putting my running spikes on if it was Kourtney

I would have been arrested for my opinions on Graham Turner and Billy McNeil back in the day. Luckily I would have only been tried as a juvenile back then.

Offline Cropley10

« Reply #214 on: January 16, 2022, 03:38:29 PM »
Buendia was particularly outstanding and tore Fred a new one! There is a real player there!

One of Watkins and Ings up front from now on is abundantly clear, with Buendia and PC behind.
We still need that quality defensive anchor/cover, if we get one, I can't see a starting place for Douglas Luis ------- but hey, what a squad we're putting together.

Online astonvilla82

« Reply #215 on: January 16, 2022, 04:21:17 PM »
The one thing we are lacking is that bit of quick thinking and being alert all the time, brother pointed it out on one of our three kicks near the end, Martinez speaking to Mings that De Gear was signaling that if he gets the ball he kicking it straight out for the breakaway, free kick taken,De Gea collects and Mings is straight on him to stop him, simple little things make life a lot easier

Offline colin69

« Reply #216 on: January 16, 2022, 05:59:39 PM »
Poor first half but great second half.
I’ve not been a fan of Buendia but I hold my hands up he was mostly superb yesterday apart from the odd misplaced pass or through ball.
Ings on the other hand just doesn’t fit into our team with Watkins as showed when he went off.
Ramsey was brilliant and has really cemented his place. Sanson was poor for me and we really missed McGinn.
Digne certainly looked an upgrade on Targett and Coutinho looked class.
A top class DM and we will be a very decent side.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #217 on: January 16, 2022, 06:19:15 PM »
Mings did well in possession yesterday, and carried the ball out showing skills in more than one occasion. There was one poor pass that went straight out but I thought he did well. We definitely need a right footer alongside him though, because trying to get the ball out with two left footers was tricky.

Though I'd also like to note that Hause did contribute a couple of very good long passes forward to Digne.

I remember that Mings pass that went straight out.  It's like he passed to where Targett usually is using muscle memory, completely unaware Digne was 15 yards further forward pushing onto their full-back

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #218 on: January 16, 2022, 11:08:45 PM »
Mings did well in possession yesterday, and carried the ball out showing skills in more than one occasion. There was one poor pass that went straight out but I thought he did well. We definitely need a right footer alongside him though, because trying to get the ball out with two left footers was tricky.

Though I'd also like to note that Hause did contribute a couple of very good long passes forward to Digne.

I remember that Mings pass that went straight out.  It's like he passed to where Targett usually is using muscle memory, completely unaware Digne was 15 yards further forward pushing onto their full-back

Yep that one.

Offline LamBeast

• GM : Apr, 2013
« Reply #219 on: January 16, 2022, 11:32:32 PM »
Defend your box,otherwise happy🦁

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #220 on: January 17, 2022, 08:17:44 AM »
I always do

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #221 on: January 17, 2022, 08:45:04 AM »

Yep that one.

I often wonder if the animated advertising boards don't help whenever I see a pass that bad which goes straight out

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #222 on: January 17, 2022, 09:00:46 AM »

Yep that one.

I often wonder if the animated advertising boards don't help whenever I see a pass that bad which goes straight out

Listened to a podcast yesterday in which the guy said the advertising boards caused more problems for the Man Utd defence than Danny Ings.

Offline coreyfeldman

« Reply #223 on: January 17, 2022, 11:16:03 AM »
Poor first half but great second half.
I’ve not been a fan of Buendia but I hold my hands up he was mostly superb yesterday apart from the odd misplaced pass or through ball.
Ings on the other hand just doesn’t fit into our team with Watkins as showed when he went off.
Ramsey was brilliant and has really cemented his place. Sanson was poor for me and we really missed McGinn.
Digne certainly looked an upgrade on Targett and Coutinho looked class.
A top class DM and we will be a very decent side.

Really have to disagree here. In the first half he was the better of the midfield 3 by a mile, was combative and always showed for the ball and broke the lines, carried the ball well also. Seemed to tire a little after 60 minutes but makes sense given lack of minutes on the pitch and the mistake was partly a result of that IMO.

Offline simon ward 50

« Reply #224 on: January 17, 2022, 02:04:35 PM »
I always do

I'm very careful in that area too!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal