collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 2-2 Bogey Team Utd post match thread  (Read 24168 times)

Offline Villafirst

Re: Aston Villa 2-2 Bogey Team Utd post match thread
« Reply #150 on: January 16, 2022, 12:42:33 AM »
Buendia was great overall - people need to be patient with him. It can take a few months to settle into a new club. The same will happen with Bailey, given time and of course, fitness. Just go and get Bissouma now!

Offline LeonW

« Reply #151 on: January 16, 2022, 12:49:15 AM »
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-utd-news-bruno-fernandes-25957884

And they wonder why they are universally hated.  Also he wasn’t saying how fcuking lucky they were last Monday.

Let their delusions continue I say. They are going so far backwards it’s untrue. They’ve still got a bit to go before they’re really a laughing stock but they’re well on the way. And he’s on the journey with them. 

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #152 on: January 16, 2022, 12:53:39 AM »
What a comeback that was. Honestly thought we would snatch it at the death, but wasn’t to be unfortunately. Whilst the first one was just a fluke  and uncharacteristic howler by Martinez. The second felt like a kick in the bollocks- terrible back pass by the otherwise impressive Sanson in a period where we were on top.

In recent seasons there’s no way back from 2-0 down against those ******, but the subs worked a treat. Agree with many posters- Ings and Watkins together doesn’t seem to work in terms of goals, but we do look threatening still. If Gerrard still wants to persist with it, at least we know we can revert to 1 striker and get a goal or 2.

I’d be quite excited to see Coutinho - Archer - Buendia  at some point.

Offline Villatillidie1982

« Reply #153 on: January 16, 2022, 01:07:38 AM »
Shit first half hour, excellent rest of game.

Martinez - 5 (other than for the 1st goal would have been an 8).

Digne - 8 Great debut.

Mings - 8 Good game.

Konsa - 6 Not his best game, but hopefully not badly injured.

Cash - 6 Hit and miss again.

Luiz - 3 Pointless.

Ramsey - 7 Shit 1st half but excellent 2nd half.

Sanson - 7 Would have been higher without the 2nd goal. Getting better and better.

Buendia 9 - superb all game.

Ings 2 - Needs dropping.

Watkins - 3 Also needs dropping or at least one of them does.

Coutinho 10 - brilliant 15 minutes.

Hause 7 - played well.

Chuck - 8 Good cameo

9 times out of 10 we win that game with that performance. Unlucky Martinez made an uncharacteristic blunder. We will beat Everton comfortably.
Watkins has never been good enough for the Premier League. Maybe eventually Stevie G will understand.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #154 on: January 16, 2022, 01:21:00 AM »
I don’t agree that Watkins isn’t good enough for the premier league. He clearly is, as was proved last season.

Have to say though that I was really glad that the goal scoring chance fell to Coutinho and not Watkins. I remember seeing a slo-mo replay of it and noticed that Coutinho just took a little half step to compose himself before confidently flicking past de Gea into the net. I reckon Watkins in a similar position may have hit the bar with that chance.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #155 on: January 16, 2022, 01:45:52 AM »

Digne - 8 Great debut.

Mings - 8 Good game.

Luiz - 3 Pointless.

Sanson - 7 Would have been higher without the 2nd goal. Getting better and better.

Ings 2 - Needs dropping.

Hause 7 - played well.

Chuck - 8 Good cameo

9 times out of 10 we win that game with that performance. Unlucky Martinez made an uncharacteristic blunder. We will beat Everton comfortably.
Watkins has never been good enough for the Premier League. Maybe eventually Steven G will understand.

There are 20 clubs in the Premier League. If we made Ollie available for transfer tomorrow, I bet we’d get a call from well over half of them.  He’s more than good enough for the premier league, he’s just a bit out of form.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #156 on: January 16, 2022, 01:51:15 AM »
I thought they scored the first at the perfect time for them, it took away any momentum we had from Monday, gave them a boost, and us a knock to the confidence.  But after that first 25 mins when we were crap I thought we bossed it. They had a couple of chances on the break, but we gifted them a second.

JJ was great second half, Buendia is looking a proper player now, and I actually thought Sanson did pretty well until he got hooked. Digne too, looks a useful upgrade going forward.  As so many other have said, if that game is 10 mins longer we definitely win.

We’ve taken four points of them this season, and I’m genuinely disappointed it’s not the 6 we deserved.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #157 on: January 16, 2022, 02:05:26 AM »

There are 20 clubs in the Premier League. If we made Ollie available for transfer tomorrow, I bet we’d get a call from well over half of them.  He’s more than good enough for the premier league, he’s just a bit out of form.

The question is which half would call.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #158 on: January 16, 2022, 03:21:20 AM »
It overlooks the fact that he has lost form from the day he was paired with Ings, When Ings was out for a couple of weeks he reverted to being a good player, Watkins needs to play centrally close to goal.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #159 on: January 16, 2022, 03:30:17 AM »
It overlooks the fact that he has lost form from the day he was paired with Ings, When Ings was out for a couple of weeks he reverted to being a good player, Watkins needs to play centrally close to goal.

If Watkins wants to play for a champions league club then he’s going to have to learn to be able to play in different positions across the front line. Not only that, but even straight down the middle last season Watkins wasn’t as clinical as he should be, wasn’t great on his left foot and didn’t have much by way of a trick to be beat a man. He’s got plenty to be working on in his game. None of that has got anything to do with Ings.

Online baddowvillans

« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2022, 05:50:35 AM »
Granted, Sanson's pass sold Mings a bit short but not that... short. Plus it was Fred, surely at worst Mings should have booted Fred and the ball back up towards the other end of the pitch. He just stood still for some reason, didn't even try and force him down the side.

I'm with bronte on this.  Mings was on his heels and coukd have taken Fred out.

Online RichardBatchelor

« Reply #161 on: January 16, 2022, 05:57:40 AM »
They bossed it for half an hour mainly due to their control of the midfield. We missed Mc Gunn’s energy in that area. Even so, it was abundantly clear we needed to change it. Ings and Watkins together doesn’t work.  One is a good finisher and little else the other is less so but has plenty of energy. These two should be competing for the one position as it proved when it eventually changed. We took the game then.  As others have said, Bundia MOM, Ramsey excellent 2nd half. Sanson good too the bad back for their 2nd apart. Cash too was good….had a mare someone said??? Mings decent overall and a good debut from Digne, he will improve us. Also, a good debut by Coutinho, limbs everywhere when he scored. Message to Villa fans around me, there is no ‘r’ in his name.

The ref was awful.

Fair summary except the last line. For me the ref was excellent and FOR ONCE it was fair and square against these tossers.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #162 on: January 16, 2022, 06:00:40 AM »

If Watkins wants to play for a champions league club then he’s going to have to learn to be able to play in different positions across the front line. Not only that, but even straight down the middle last season Watkins wasn’t as clinical as he should be, wasn’t great on his left foot and didn’t have much by way of a trick to be beat a man. He’s got plenty to be working on in his game. None of that has got anything to do with Ings.
I’d agree with this. I thought he had a good season last season but haven’t seen him progress this season.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #163 on: January 16, 2022, 07:46:42 AM »
Granted, Sanson's pass sold Mings a bit short but not that... short. Plus it was Fred, surely at worst Mings should have booted Fred and the ball back up towards the other end of the pitch. He just stood still for some reason, didn't even try and force him down the side.

I'm with bronte on this.  Mings was on his heels and coukd have taken Fred out.

Yes he might have given Fred a whack but the goal was not his fault at all.  Watch it again and look for the lack of concentration with Luiz. Mings stood Fred up, which is what classy players are taught. 

Offline Allan C

« Reply #164 on: January 16, 2022, 08:28:24 AM »

Digne - 8 Great debut.

Mings - 8 Good game.

Luiz - 3 Pointless.

Ings 2 - Needs dropping.

Hause 7 - played well.

Chuck - 8 Good cameo

Watkins has never been good enough for the Premier League. Maybe eventually Steven G will understand.

I think the scores for Luiz, Ings and Watkins are harsh too. Luiz worked hard IMO and did a good job. With Ings and Watkins, I think the service they are getting is not helping them. They’re making the runs but not not getting the passes required. It pains me to say it but that is what Grealish did so well last season for Watkins. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal