collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 2-2 Bogey Team Utd post match thread  (Read 24205 times)

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
Re: Aston Villa 2-2 Bogey Team Utd post match thread
« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2022, 09:29:56 PM »
Rafa in

Offline Ditton33

« Reply #121 on: January 15, 2022, 09:38:47 PM »
Credit to the Skipper for the positive push forward with the ball for the first. Took two of them out with a hip swivel.
Agreed, just watched the highlights on Sky and thought the whole move for the first goal was superb. So glad we just didn't roll over after their second. Great fight back for the draw, lets hope we can push on from this, and creep up the table over the remaining games. Please can we just keep PC fit!!

Offline FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #122 on: January 15, 2022, 09:46:53 PM »
I have always hated them , then to crank it up a notch my manager for the best part of 25 years was a man ure fan. When we won the first game of the season at Villa park in 1995 I went to find him on monday morning to give him some , his reply was  "I'm done with  them , I'll watch Henesford ( he lived in stafford).
Just think about that for a minute folks , his team lost the first game of the season , and that was it he was done with them.
Although he wasn't as they kept on winning shit under their cheat of  a manager mr ferguson.
Another gem from this glory hunter  was for him to tell me that none of his grandchildren were united fans..." Even the way I am Frank."
He went to one game ( a corporate freebie ) in 25 years and genuinely thought he was a died in the wool man u fan ..c*nt !

« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 09:49:36 PM by FrankyH »

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2022, 09:47:07 PM »
Just got back. Good game, ManUre really are poor, we should have worn bar 2 errors. Buendia was great as was Sanson. If only they could cut out the errors they though, but the former created loads. Instead and Watkins is nor working bother were poor. I hope now with the new Brazilian he will go with one, prob Watkins based on his workmate.
I think more and more we will start to produce and get results. Oh, still think we need a holding midfielder.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2022, 10:09:05 PM »
We wasted a third of the game today. I wasn't anticipating such a passive start that lasted far too long.

However, well done to the players on the comeback which was down to some very good play and in the second half we were good. Buendía had his best game and is at last starting to look like the player we hoped for.

The concern is still the number of unnecessary mistakes we make that lead to conceding a goal. It happens far too often.

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2022, 10:17:46 PM »
Martinez 5
Cash 6 (1st half 4, 2nd eight)
Digne 8.5
Mings 7 (1st half 5, 2nd 9)
Konsa 5.5
Hause 7
Ramsey 7 (1st half 4, 2nd 10)
Sanson 6.5
Doug 6 (1st half 4, 2nd eight)
Watkins 5
Ings 4
Buendia 8
Coutinho 8.5
Chuk 8

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2022, 10:20:19 PM »
Credit to the Skipper for the positive push forward with the ball for the first. Took two of them out with a hip swivel.

I know we don't want to be revisiting three at the back anytime soon.

But Mings made his name as a left back earlier in his career and I did feel if we were persisting with that, him on the left side of a three with licence to dart upfield every so often, we could get some joy. Forcing overloads or whatever the current buzzword is.

He turned the game v Fulham at home bombing forward last year and he has that in his locker.

In a two it's harder, but stlll worth looking at as a shock tactic.

Offline alan_clarke

« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2022, 10:26:48 PM »
Nice comeback. Shame to only get a draw out of those last two games and pumping them both times. Watkins is a championship player on the left, excellent prem striker through the midde. Buendia has totally turned my opinion of him around - still wasteful at times but glad to have him now. Some great options for a first 11 now when all fit - almost think we could do a man city style no out and out striker line up!

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2022, 10:32:17 PM »
First 30 minutes was likely the worst I’ve seen Villa play this season.

Improved in the last few minutes of the first half and were the better team all second half apart from another brain fart goal.

Makes a difference when you can bring on a player like Philly.

Emi2 is winning me over now.

The persistence of playing both Ings and Watkins has to end.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2022, 10:39:50 PM »
We’ve got through some very tough fixtures and we’ve shown real signs we can compete and play some good football. We’ve also shown we do make silly mistakes as well and we need to start each match with that belief. I’m not sure what happened in that first half today or that second half against Brentford but we have to cut that out. We can be very good and I have feeling we will start to believe it.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #130 on: January 15, 2022, 11:05:04 PM »
That was an abysmal first half. We seemed to lack effort as much as anything.

Buendia is bloody great, I hope people stop doubting him.

Ramsey is something special.

Digne had a great debut, such an improvement going forward. Good in the air to boot.

Coutinho. More, more, more...

Definitely need a right footed CB.

Watkins is lacking his instinctive play.

Martinez. What's he doing?!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #131 on: January 15, 2022, 11:17:31 PM »
They have the most dislikeable fans of anyone, including Liverpool and Blose, arrogant, boorish gobshites.

Come to see United chant was laughable.  Perhaps so 10 years ago but we've been averaging 40k for last 3 years when allowed in.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #132 on: January 15, 2022, 11:18:35 PM »
We have 7 winnable games next - so think this will be critical to our season.  Take some momentum from this game into them.  To me it feels like SG could use that to really start to mould the team.

We have to stop ings and Watkins - both look good on there own, but worse together.

Emi2 starting to look class.  Think Digne looks great going forward. 

A DCM is a must, and must get better passing particularly around our box. 

Would like to see mings with more of those run forward Helps to mix it up. 

Love Ramsey, thought Chuck looked good would be good to sort his head out and get him signed. 

When you think we have Bailey and Bert still to come back we have a really strong squad - and as Purslow said earlier it would be great to see a string finish to the season to set us up we’ll for the summer

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #133 on: January 15, 2022, 11:21:40 PM »
Not a good first half but a much better second Buendia played really well Lucas Digne had a good game Ramsey did well in the second half and I'm pleased for Coutinho scoring on his debut.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #134 on: January 15, 2022, 11:22:31 PM »

I know we don't want to be revisiting three at the back anytime soon.

But Mings made his name as a left back earlier in his career and I did feel if we were persisting with that, him on the left side of a three with licence to dart upfield every so often, we could get some joy. Forcing overloads or whatever the current buzzword is.

He turned the game v Fulham at home bombing forward last year and he has that in his locker.

In a two it's harder, but stlll worth looking at as a shock tactic.

Could work if the DM eventually we sign is adept at dropping quickly into back 4 when he decides to have a stroll upfield.

What a good cross that was from Ramsey btw for 2-2. Love the quick look he did on the replay to see where Coutinho was, that's game intelligence for you as Elanga had a similar chance a few minutes before and hit it straight at Martinez when Cavani was waiting for a tap in.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal