collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 2-2 Bogey Team Utd post match thread  (Read 24165 times)

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Aston Villa 2-2 Bogey Team Utd post match thread
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2022, 09:01:51 PM »
They have the most dislikeable fans of anyone, including Liverpool and Blose, arrogant, boorish gobshites.

They must've been full of beans, having not had far to travel from Telford, Bromsgrove and Kiddy.

Offline martyn ellis

• http://www.martin-martyn.co.uk
« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2022, 09:03:09 PM »
Sanson looked really good to me. Felt for him when he made his only mistake. Loved Gerrard's comment that he checked whether he was angry about the mistake or being subbed - the former thank goodness; there's a real player there. And no-one seems to have mentioned the fact that his foul that led to the free kick that led to the first goal was more a good tackle than a foul. You just knew we would pay for it.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2022, 09:05:27 PM »
And no-one seems to have mentioned the fact that his foul that led to the free kick that led to the first goal was more a good tackle than a foul.

It was monumentally shit refereeing, unfortunately what followed was even wirse by us.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2022, 09:06:10 PM »
They have the most dislikeable fans of anyone, including Liverpool and Blose, arrogant, boorish gobshites.

This.

I'm not far from them either, I was more pleased that the equaliser shut them the fuck up than anything else, if I'm honest.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2022, 09:06:20 PM »
First half poor, second half much improved. Game changed on subbing Ings off and playing Ollie up top. This has to be the way forward, just a little concerned that it's taking so long for the penny to drop with management.
Buendia motm. Mings a great driving force in the second half. Digne played well but ran out of steam. It was a silly challenge of his to earn the booking in the 1st half. Coutinho a great cameo role when he came on rewarded with his goal.
Ref better 2nd half after a poor 1st half.
The starting midfield 3 of Sansom,  Ramsey and Luiz were fairly static 1st half. Improved after the break. I still feel
re-inforcements are required in this area.
2-0 up and they f-cked it up. UTV!

Offline jimmygreen

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #110 on: January 15, 2022, 09:06:29 PM »
Credit to the Skipper for the positive push forward with the ball for the first. Took two of them out with a hip swivel.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2022, 09:06:37 PM »

They must've been full of beans, having not had far to travel from Telford, Bromsgrove and Kiddy.
I know a few and they’re from Frankley. Utter disgrace

Online RichardBatchelor

« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2022, 09:10:06 PM »
Credit to the Skipper for the positive push forward with the ball for the first. Took two of them out with a hip swivel.

Mings was absolutely inspirational in the second half.

Offline AGRIPPA

Re: Aston Villa 2-2 Bogey Team Utd
« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2022, 09:17:15 PM »
Well done Villa.

I hope one day, Bruno Fernandes is eaten by a Great White Shark. A loathsome individual.

Buendia man of the match.

Watkins and Ings garbage. I wish we wouldn't fanny about with the ball at the back so often, also.

I don’t hate much but he is there to be hated…..

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2022, 09:19:07 PM »
I thought Cash was immense personally. We all see things differently though.

He had a mare.

What match were you watching chap?

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #115 on: January 15, 2022, 09:20:53 PM »

Have they ever been any different?  Seems like they have got a new tasteful song about Matic to add to their repertoire, "he comes from Serbia, he'll f@ckin' murder ya".  Sure any Croats and Bosnians that they come up against love hearing that one.

As for the game, thought we started slowly, but came back into as the first half wore on.  Thought we were better 2nd half, but thought that 2nd goal had finished us, especially after such a mistake in the build up to it (Sanson obviously frustrated and gave the first few rows of the Trinity a soaking when he kicked the water bottles).  Then it just clicked and we scored two great goals (Martinez jumping into the North Stand to celebrate was great!!).  Thought Chuk did really well when he came on and Coutinho just gives that extra bit of quality in the final third which showed.

As for the Watkins / Ings debate, I think the idea is to ay somewhat of a fluid 3, but this inevitably leads to Ings being out wide at times, where he is just no use at all. They are really going to have to fight it out for one starting place

To sum up, great comeback and great to shut them up, but a bit disappointing not to have won due to the poor goals we gave away. 

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #116 on: January 15, 2022, 09:24:47 PM »
I’ve been critical of Mings in the past but we’re way better off with him in the team than without. If there were 10 minutes more we would have won that game.

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2022, 09:24:48 PM »
Do you really think they read any of this?
Trust me - they do.  (Not here - twitter,  fb , Instagram)

100 times more toxic on social media than anything put on here tonight.
I mean in general. I just think supportive is better than "you useless c***", which happens a lot online.
This place is probably one of the best online,  but i wasn't referring to us.  But twitter and likes

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2022, 09:25:06 PM »
I hope Everton don't sack Benitez given they are up next!  Equally, I hope we don't turn back into benevolent Villa!  A really good show tonight for any player we are in talks with that we are so close to being a good side, come and join us!  Important for the negotiations that we didn't lose.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #119 on: January 15, 2022, 09:29:53 PM »
Chuffed with the way we battled back, awful first 30 minutes but once Ings came off it worked. Hopefully we go with one main striker next time.

Never seen so many half and half scarves as much as today, depressing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal